Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Do you any confidence left in the WST & CLub Boards?
Yes 61 26.52%
No 169 73.48%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th September 2019, 21.06:16   #127-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

Cheers for the update. So, by the sounds of it, this happened quite a while ago then?
Old 5th September 2019, 21.10:27   #128-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teifi Red View Post
Cheers for the update. So, by the sounds of it, this happened quite a while ago then?
Yes, no idea if he's tried recently.

Another name was mentioned to me privately a while ago too, has been involved in football but is a mate of Moss'.
Old 5th September 2019, 21.21:18   #129-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Still part of it has to come out, it will soon enough.

The other stopping potential investment dead, again, when feelers were put out unofficially. Very naughty and confirmed by others.

I got the Ricketts saga bang on, the stooges didn't like that and tried chasing me off in particular. Prehaps it was because I knew a lot of the details via Shrewsbury.

Was the same with Oswell first time round, they told us he didn't want to go full time by the stooges but off he went to Morecambe despite me knowing he did want to go full time. The backtracking started again.

The board knew alright, the whole bleeding saga's they knew, no ambition. That's why Ricketts left and I'd bet Keates did for the same reason.
If true, I'm really starting to fall out of love with this club after 40 years.

There's no smoke without fire and I've been convinced for some time that it's being run by people who had good early intentions when it was rescued but the gravy train they're on is just too good to give up.

This was their dream job....we get it......but it's now time to put the club first and look at the options (including outside investment) so that we can move forward.

This great club at 155 years old is bigger than any one person and I just hope that the current incumbents come to their senses very soon and do the right thing
Old 5th September 2019, 21.28:48   #130-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post

There's no smoke without fire and I've been convinced for some time that it's being run by people who had good early intentions when it was rescued but the gravy train they're on is just too good to give up.

This was their dream job....we get it......but it's now time to put the club first and look at the options (including outside investment) so that we can move forward.

This great club at 155 years old is bigger than any one person and I just hope that the current incumbents come to their senses very soon and do the right thing
Well said.
Old 5th September 2019, 21.32:10   #131-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post

Trouble is they try to make out it isn't true, saying they're for investment but they must do this blah blah blah.

Then Pete Jones says things that contradict that statement, votes for the status quo then the person who dares to stand against the status quo gets their dirty washing aired in public on here.

It's hard work keeping up with your lies all the time.

The same faces hound those who tell everyone what really is going on as I did with Ricketts. Wasn't just me saying he was off either, just a bit more detail on why.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 5th September 2019 at 21.35:27..
Old 5th September 2019, 22.16:21   #132-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
im implying no such thing... although many Fifa 19 players on here seem to think they could/would do a better job.

but i wouldnt for a second suggest we appoint a random fan (where do you even read into that?) .

in Hughes case.. he was a footballer.. he knows the game.. he has played at different levels of football .. he knows the ins and outs "inside" a football club" so ofc id be more implied to suggest somebody with experience in the game has a similar or equal chance to succeed.

since we have been down here .. you could argue we have only had ONE experienced manager ... which was Mills.. of which i dont have to remind you how that went...

all the other Managers we have had since non-league have pretty much been new to management (with exception to Wilkin who was in a Part time Managers role prior to comming here) . some of those new managers done well.. some not so well... as said above.. its a risk.
You said that any manager was a risk. Do you think every manager is an equal risk? Or do you think that Hughes, with one unsuccessful spell in management , was a bigger risk than some of the other people who were being talked about?
Old 6th September 2019, 04.00:53   #133-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

LAAR, wow that has to be one of the most ill informed and goddam awful posts I have read on here.

Fans were concerned over the appointment at the time and posted comments reflecting this.
It was fraught with danger as he had no experience so your point about him getting off to a flyer is ridiculous.
January was incompetent at best and again many fans posted to this extent.
It’s immaterial if they give up their own time, the job still has to be done properly (we all applaud the time they give) and it’s not.

I think most fans want to see changes and not a sacking of the board completely.

You are so far off the mark that you must be a board member
Old 6th September 2019, 05.59:20   #134-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
LAAR, wow that has to be one of the most ill informed and goddam awful posts I have read on here.

Fans were concerned over the appointment at the time and posted comments reflecting this.
It was fraught with danger as he had no experience so your point about him getting off to a flyer is ridiculous.
January was incompetent at best and again many fans posted to this extent.
It’s immaterial if they give up their own time, the job still has to be done properly (we all applaud the time they give) and it’s not.

I think most fans want to see changes and not a sacking of the board completely.

You are so far off the mark that you must be a board member
He isn’t a Board member . To be fair they do have a reasonable amount of intelligence
Old 6th September 2019, 08.12:38   #135-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
If you do still have confidence, 3 still do so far, it would be good to hear why? Genuine question.
I answered yes because as another posted has put its not a simple yes or no for me.

I feel if the current setup is tweaked, we could be going places. It was really working under Ricketts IMO, the failure to bring in a full time number 2 has been one of our main mistakes here (did Hughes make that decision?)
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.14:47.