Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Do you any confidence left in the WST & CLub Boards?
Yes 61 26.52%
No 169 73.48%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th September 2019, 10.09:29   #31-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

Off the field - Yes

On the field - No.
Old 4th September 2019, 10.21:27   #32-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

No.

What are we now, 12 years, and it looks for all the world already that we will still be here next season. Meanwhile, Luton are playing Championship football, Lincoln are in league one and will soon be in the money from their management appointments, and conference football for Orient, Mansfield Tranmere will never been seen again, if at all, for some time, you get my drift. Meanwhile we have a league fixture cancelled for the most worthless cup comp you have ever come across.

We have no assets on the pitch to speak of, the less said about the youth system the better and so we are now reliant on cup runs to generate some proper income.

The stadium is a mess, I still can't understand a word the PA says and god knows where we train.

The spin is painfull, 'spiritual home', 'exciting times' 'fans can', as are Peter Jones' rants. And Mr Mills' ( not the **** head) behaviour towards fellow fans is nothing to be proud of is well as one or two tit bits you pick up.

What can you say about the appointment of Hughes that has not already been said? But let's not forget, Darlington, I mean the board wanted Lawrence to start with, really?

If things continue as they are, on the back of some very decent revenue the past few years, then I fair to see how those at the top table can continue.
Old 4th September 2019, 10.21:35   #33-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedStarksGhost View Post
That's far too simple an approach Phil. If they have positives that benefit the club (such as managing the finances well) then they should definitely continue to do that, and we should be looking at bringing in a Director of Football or something similar.
What happens when the finances are squeezed further due to fans not turning up? Relegation? Another squeeze on top of that?

I wouldn't say at the minute they're handling finances as well as they can be, it's not being maximised in any area apart from Commercial, although if that goes hand in hand with the kiosk on match day again that's failing.
Old 4th September 2019, 10.23:36   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
When the Trust first took over, and we got our first bit of football fortune. There was talk of some of that fortune going towards the youth system. The overwhelming opinion on here was that no money should be diverted from the first team budget for 'kids'. That in part has given rise to the 'cost neutral' approach to our youth system - which hasn't gone so well.

Once you start to ignore one part of the club its very hard to get back.
Doesn't help they were actively looking to sell 'kids'to balance the CoE books. Moss did that to much outrage.

Make it to the first team and these lads are instantly worth more, just how football works.
Old 4th September 2019, 10.28:40   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Managed decline became mismanaged decline when Bircham and Horne left.
Old 4th September 2019, 10.28:50   #36-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
What happens when the finances are squeezed further due to fans not turning up? Relegation? Another squeeze on top of that?

I wouldn't say at the minute they're handling finances as well as they can be, it's not being maximised in any area apart from Commercial, although if that goes hand in hand with the kiosk on match day again that's failing.
I don't know. But I have pointed out, numerous times, I don't want them to run the football. So I don't understand the point your making about fans not turning up? Of course financially we will be worse off. But I would like to think that they have planned for that scenario by having an emergency fund.

And I agree, they could be investing more into other areas such as the stadium. The PA system needs some work, as well as the toilets in the Yale. I didn't say they're doing a perfect job.
Old 4th September 2019, 10.34:41   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedStarksGhost View Post
I don't know. But I have pointed out, numerous times, I don't want them to run the football. So I don't understand the point your making about fans not turning up? Of course financially we will be worse off. But I would like to think that they have planned for that scenario by having an emergency fund.

And I agree, they could be investing more into other areas such as the stadium. The PA system needs some work, as well as the toilets in the Yale. I didn't say they're doing a perfect job.
You said they were managing the finances well, I've pointed out they could and should be doing much better on that side too.

Dwindling crowds, reduced income to me would be not handling the finances well, nor the number of pay offs we've bad over the years, all the loan players who've never played who cost us even if we dont pay wages for them etc.
Old 4th September 2019, 10.35:18   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
This is a football club? On the field is what we're all about! Fans do not flock to the racecourse for anything off the field.

So that's a no from you then.
Indeed...I voted NO before my comments in the thread.
Old 4th September 2019, 10.37:44   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road

The arrogance of Mills and Harris winds me up more than anything. They will just laugh this off anyway.
Old 4th September 2019, 10.39:31   #40-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Season ticket holder , Mold Road Stand

As I've said previously, this shower in charge will still be blowing smoke out of their own arses about the massive floodlights and the fact we played Porto in 1984 when we're in the National League North. Which is coming by the way....
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.02:03.