RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114432-confidence-boards-wst-club.html)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 10.54:25

Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2289604]The crowds have a major impact on the income, yes. But I am talking about how the club manages our finances. IE what they do with the club's income and expenditure.[/QUOTE]

Surely generating income comes under that too? Something that's keeping Ed Woodward at Manchester United and that's only just.

Answer Release 4th September 2019 10.56:18

I'm not actually buying the 'running the club well away from football' line anymore either.

We have no training facilities, its unknown if we're even training much at all at moment as 9 acres is a ghost town. We are currently in a worse position on the training front in many decades.

We are the only professional club in the country with a head coach working one day a week who has a role in picking his next boss (beyond belief)

We have bizarre overnight stays for away games that don't warrant it.

We offer deals to players with long term injuries in the hope they recover (Manny and Lainton)

We're not utilising the many windfall payments received in recent years (cup runs, Taylor, Ward)

The stadium is falling into disrepair, even basic maintenance is being ignored.

The whole club board not speaking to the trust board fiasco around the Barrow / Hughes appointment.

Wasting money on flames in the players tunnel (if this wasn't free it's bonkers)

Bizarre appointments like Newell, Flynn etc. A firmer stance needed for staff appointments.

Delays in publicising season tickets in the close season.

The patronising cringe that comes out of the boards mouths, especially SH and PJ. I actually felt insulted by the crap they spurted in that clear the air meeting earlier this year.

I could go on.....

Rk11 4th September 2019 10.58:30

A genuine question without being a d*ckhead...

How much are the Stadium Manager and Commercial Managers paid? Are they full time positions?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 11.00:28

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2289610]I'm not actually buying the 'running the club well away from football' line anymore either.

We have no training facilities, its unknown if we're even training much at all at moment as 9 acres is a ghost town. We are currently in a worse position on the training front in many decades.

We are the only professional club in the country with a head coach working one day a week who has a role in picking his next boss (beyond belief)

We offer deals to players with long term injuries in the hope they recover (Manny and Lainton)

We're not utilising the many windfall payments received in recent years (cup runs, Taylor, Ward)

[B]
The whole club board not speaking to the trust board fiasco around the Barrow / Hughes appointment[/B].

Wasting money on flames in the players tunnel (if this wasn't free it's bonkers)

Bizarre appointments like Newell, Flynn etc. A firmer stance needed for staff appointments.

The patronising cringe that comes out of the boards mouths, especially SH and PJ. I actually felt insulted by the crap they spurted in that clear the air meeting earlier this year.

I could go on.....[/QUOTE]

The leak is still on the WST board and recently used his casting vote to vote in favour of his mate ie the status quo.

Yet people still lap it up.

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 11.02:16

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289608]Surely generating income comes under that too? Something that's keeping Ed Woodward at Manchester United and that's only just.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that it ties directly into the football, which I think all are in agreement is definitely a problem. So it's hard to say.

I can imagine if the poll had been a question directly about the football side of things (which Phil has pointed out he actually meant) I can see it being easily 95/5 split against the board.

Foxy 4th September 2019 11.02:16

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2289610]I'm not actually buying the 'running the club well away from football' line anymore either.

The whole club board not speaking to the trust board fiasco around the Barrow / Hughes appointment.

I could go on.....[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget the abysmal centre of excellence which seems to have fallen behind those run by the likes of Chester and even Welsh premier clubs.

Then there are the blatant lies - telling us that Flynn is an assistant manager when he clearly isn’t. Or having a meet the manager evening for a manager who has already told them that he is leaving.

Or take your pick from the various statements which indicate that they are stubbornly against again other form of ownership. Pete Jones for example, using the Notts County situation to label all non fans owned clubs as failures.

They should hang their heads in shame at the way they are treating our club.

Answer Release 4th September 2019 11.07:41

[QUOTE=Foxy;2289617]Don’t forget the abysmal centre of excellence which seems to have fallen behind those run by the likes of Chester and even Welsh premier clubs.

Then there are the blatant lies - telling us that Flynn is an assistant manager when he clearly isn’t. Or having a meet the manager evening for a manager who has already told them that he is leaving.

Or take your pick from the various statements which indicate that they are stubbornly against again other form of ownership. Pete Jones for example, using the Notts County situation to label all non fans owned clubs as failures.

They should hang their heads in shame at the way they are treating our club.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the above, you've just made me more angry!

After 24 years of regular attendance, it's sad to see me no longer willing to attend. That doesn't make me a bad fan, it makes me a disillusioned one, and I'm not alone.

Haruki 4th September 2019 11.09:37

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2289616]The problem is that it ties directly into the football, which I think all are in agreement is definitely a problem. So it's hard to say.

I can imagine if the poll had been a question directly about the football side of things (which Phil has pointed out he actually meant) I can see it being easily 95/5 split against the board.[/QUOTE]

I think it would be a 100%, I cant imagine anyone, even the biggest of nodding dogs would think they manage the football side of the business correctly.

Even then with the uncertainty in the question it is currently an 80/20 against the board which is really damning so what do we do? Do we organise an official vote of no confidence? I guess the issue is what replaces the current, everyone will have their own ideas ranging from

- Bring in a DOF
- Bring in a CEO
- Put the club up for sale
- remove WAFC board but keep WST board
- Re elect all members of both boards

etc etc, whilst we are all unhappy how do we shape what goes forward, this is the real debate we need to have.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 11.12:12

[QUOTE=Foxy;2289617][B]Don’t forget the abysmal centre of excellence which seems to have fallen behind those run by the likes of Chester and even Welsh premier clubs.
[/B]

They should hang their heads in shame at the way they are treating our club.[/QUOTE]

The proof in this is the recent Wales under 15's squad, Ethan Simpson was named in the squad having playing for regional Wales sides against each other. Those called up to those regional sides were considered the brightest Welsh talents a feat in itself. No mention of that or the other lads called up, no mention that I've seen of Ethan Simpson's fantastic achievement. From those region sides a final national side was decided.

What's concering is we provided one player alongside Penybont of the WPL. Penybont were formed as a club in 2013. No real funding either outside the WPL that we couldnt attain ourselves.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.18:32.