RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114432-confidence-boards-wst-club.html)

WrexhamO 4th September 2019 12.04:33

Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289643]We can't do that as such don't think but I'm going to find out what can be done. If anyone knows feel free to advise.[/QUOTE]

I'd guess you'd need to call an EGM?

Problems with that could be:

People who are anti trust won't be members.

The vast majority of WST members have a history of not voting.

So in all likelihood any motion of no confidence would be defeated at a WST vote.

podders 4th September 2019 12.22:29

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2289641]Ok then how do we go about voting them out?[/QUOTE]

Call an EGM

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 12.30:57

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2289665]I'd guess you'd need to call an EGM?

Problems with that could be:

People who are anti trust won't be members.

The vast majority of WST members have a history of not voting.

So in all likelihood any motion of no confidence would be defeated at a WST vote.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Non members can soon join with the incentive of being able to action change.

Again with the incentive of implementing real change the incentive is there to vote.

However like you I think it would probably be defeated as fans just can't be bothered going on past experience. I take the bubble resolution vote, nearly everyone was up in arms and in the end only a handful bothered to vote either way.

If we want change then fans have to wake up and start using their vote but it will take some doing convincing them. Many fans don't want anything to do with this kind of stuff and are only interested in watching the football.

Which is one of the reasons why I think this model is flawed. It isn't democracy at all.

Birdy 4th September 2019 12.38:13

[QUOTE=Superunknown;2289525]It's really not tbh. They obviously do a great job off the field, no one disputes that and they should carry on with this.

But as a football club, where are the positives, what have they shown over the past 5 years that signals to us, as fans that they have the ability to pick a manager who can get results on the field and if they can, what will they do to ensure we keep such a manager who could potentially get us up.[/QUOTE]

It's not difficult to run the club profitably considering we have the highest attendances in the league. What exactly do they do 'off the pitch', attend a few meetings thats about it as no areas of the club are growing, no new initiatives being created, it's just things ticking over and stagnating.

Birdy 4th September 2019 12.43:18

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2289555]That's far too simple an approach Phil. If they have positives that benefit the club (such as managing the finances well) then they should definitely continue to do that, and we should be looking at bringing in a Director of Football or something similar.[/QUOTE]

As in my previous post saying they have done well off the pitch is not entirely accurate. It's easy to do well off the pitch when you set a relatively low budget for the first team costs and know that you have the highest attendances in the league to pay for it. They should be looking to grow the budget as it's clear it's not large enough so they should be finding ways of increasing ways to get money into the club. So have they done a 'great' job off the pitch, not exactly.

Connolly 4th September 2019 12.44:53

[QUOTE=Birdy;2289690]As in my previous post saying they have done well off the pitch is not entirely accurate. It's easy to do well off the pitch when you set a relatively low budget for the first team costs and know that you have the highest attendances in the league to pay for it. They should be looking to grow the budget as it's clear it's not large enough so they should be finding ways of increasing ways to get money into the club. So have they done a 'great' job off the pitch, not exactly.[/QUOTE]

Without knowing the budget, and previous seasons budgets, can you definitely say this hasn't happened? Genuine question.

Ruabon Red 4th September 2019 12.45:11

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289681]Thanks.

Non members can soon join with the incentive of being able to action change.

Again with the incentive of implementing real change the incentive is there to vote.

However like you [B]I think it would probably be defeated as fans just can't be bothered going on past experience[/B]. I take the bubble resolution vote, nearly everyone was up in arms and in the end only a handful bothered to vote either way.

If we want change then fans have to wake up and start using their vote but it will take some doing convincing them. Many fans don't want anything to do with this kind of stuff and are only interested in watching the football.

Which is one of the reasons why I think this model is flawed. It isn't democracy at all.[/QUOTE]

A postal/electronic/in person vote would achieve a true inclusive democratic vote. Our fanbase isn't just based in the town, an alternative is to hold the meetings on home matchdays, so that those based further afield don't have to make an extra journey.

Birdy 4th September 2019 12.46:30

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2289575]Not a black and white answer for me. I voted No as I don't feel, football wise, they are doing a good job. Majority of other things I am fine with.
I have said that I don't want a mass clear out, just a reorganising and hopefully get some football knowledge co-opted onto the club board.[/QUOTE]

So you are fine with having no permanent training ground?

You are fine with the youth system deteriorating beyond recognition?

You are fine with the fact that the state of the ground is a shambles?

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 12.47:14

[QUOTE=Birdy;2289690]As in my previous post saying they have done well off the pitch is not entirely accurate. It's easy to do well off the pitch when you set a relatively low budget for the first team costs and know that you have the highest attendances in the league to pay for it. They should be looking to grow the budget as it's clear it's not large enough so they should be finding ways of increasing ways to get money into the club. So have they done a 'great' job off the pitch, not exactly.[/QUOTE]

I guess the real test would be if we were to have lower crowds. We may get that soon enough....

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.49:29.