Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Do you any confidence left in the WST & CLub Boards?
Yes 61 26.52%
No 169 73.48%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th September 2019, 11.17:55   #55-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP
Twitter: @

Default Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
To me it is as they go hand in hand, that's why Bolton in particular almost went bust, why Oyston left Blackpool and a lesser extent why Bury went under, fans stayed away in protest there too.

We've players on 2 year contracts, if crowds drop off will we afford them and crucially will players want to be moved on? The whole Bobby Grant scenario with his contract sounds a right mess, he shouldn't decide if he stays or goes.

How long can we sustain losses, more with people cancelling memberships, lapsed ones not being chased up.

It's going to be a spectacular collapse, you only have to look at what happened at Telford under fan ownership
It does all go hand in hand. An overview indicates that all is not well. This business of (some) other things are going well is irrelevant.

I refuse to single out individuals. Only the Trust as whole can resolve this, The objective is not to slate people but get it right.

The grip the trust has means only they can to make things happen.

It would defuse things considerably if there were any indications of truly addressing the issues and concerns being raised, including moving way from the present inward looking narrow minded approach to a more open approach with external focus as well.

I hope we do not screw up but do not believe this spin about "sustainability".
Sustainability or continuity is not the sole prerogative of either fans owned or privately owned clubs.
Old 4th September 2019, 11.25:01   #56-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
I think it would be a 100%, I cant imagine anyone, even the biggest of nodding dogs would think they manage the football side of the business correctly.

Even then with the uncertainty in the question it is currently an 80/20 against the board which is really damning so what do we do? Do we organise an official vote of no confidence? I guess the issue is what replaces the current, everyone will have their own ideas ranging from

- Bring in a DOF
- Bring in a CEO
- Put the club up for sale
- remove WAFC board but keep WST board
- Re elect all members of both boards

etc etc, whilst we are all unhappy how do we shape what goes forward, this is the real debate we need to have.
I agree, if people really feel a big change is needed then it must be debated and discussed thoroughly. Simply sacking the board we have now is not enough as that would bring a whole world of uncertainty.
Old 4th September 2019, 11.27:34   #57-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
I think it would be a 100%, I cant imagine anyone, even the biggest of nodding dogs would think they manage the football side of the business correctly.

Even then with the uncertainty in the question it is currently an 80/20 against the board which is really damning so what do we do? Do we organise an official vote of no confidence? I guess the issue is what replaces the current, everyone will have their own ideas ranging from

- Bring in a DOF
- Bring in a CEO
- Put the club up for sale
- remove WAFC board but keep WST board
- Re elect all members of both boards

etc etc, whilst we are all unhappy how do we shape what goes forward, this is the real debate we need to have.
What are the options with regards to what we can do here?
I think the time has come to take action.
Old 4th September 2019, 11.28:04   #58-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Could everyone who want the board out come and join
us in the Yale please for the Sutton game, we could then seriously show our true feeling towards the complete idiots in charge.
Old 4th September 2019, 11.35:45   #59-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Could everyone who want the board out come and join
us in the Yale please for the Sutton game, we could then seriously show our true feeling towards the complete idiots in charge.
That's not the way to go about it, with all due respect it will achieve nothing than to create a further divide and they'll just cite abuse and become an even more of a closed shop.

Unfortunately the only way is to try (I have little confidence in this btw) and do something using the number of unhappy fans to force a vote of no confidence or whatever we can do within the rules.

What you propose should only be a last resort, if at all.
Old 4th September 2019, 11.37:45   #60-0 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
That's not the way to go about it, with all due respect it will achieve nothing than to create a further divide and they'll just cite abuse and become an even more of a closed shop.

Unfortunately the only way is to try (I have little confidence in this btw) and do something using the number of unhappy fans to force a vote of no confidence or whatever we can do within the rules.

What you propose should only be a last resort, if at all.
Ok then how do we go about voting them out?
Old 4th September 2019, 11.42:12   #61-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Ok then how do we go about voting them out?
We can't do that as such don't think but I'm going to find out what can be done. If anyone knows feel free to advise.
Old 4th September 2019, 11.45:21   #62-0 (permalink)

Quote:
We can't do that as such don't think but I'm going to find out what can be done. If anyone knows feel free to advise.
The time has come.
Old 4th September 2019, 11.49:30   #63-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
From what I understand we'd first have to get representation on the WST board. The WST board decide the Football club board who can only be voted off 1 every year. I could be wrong and I'm sure someone else can add a lot more detail.

The quickest - probably best, wagons circled and all that - way would be to set up another fans group in my opinion, buy a stake and get representation that way. Easier said than done though, Pete Jones doesn't want outside investment. I'm sure the WST have discredited talk of another fans group also without saying 'f*ck off', by giving the line on how we're stronger working together as one fans group. That would work if concerns were taken seriously though.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.27:56.