Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Do you any confidence left in the WST & CLub Boards?
Yes 61 26.52%
No 169 73.48%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th September 2019, 12.04:33   #64-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
We can't do that as such don't think but I'm going to find out what can be done. If anyone knows feel free to advise.
I'd guess you'd need to call an EGM?

Problems with that could be:

People who are anti trust won't be members.

The vast majority of WST members have a history of not voting.

So in all likelihood any motion of no confidence would be defeated at a WST vote.
Old 4th September 2019, 12.22:29   #65-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Anywhere I can get a ticket
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Ok then how do we go about voting them out?
Call an EGM
Old 4th September 2019, 12.30:57   #66-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
I'd guess you'd need to call an EGM?

Problems with that could be:

People who are anti trust won't be members.

The vast majority of WST members have a history of not voting.

So in all likelihood any motion of no confidence would be defeated at a WST vote.
Thanks.

Non members can soon join with the incentive of being able to action change.

Again with the incentive of implementing real change the incentive is there to vote.

However like you I think it would probably be defeated as fans just can't be bothered going on past experience. I take the bubble resolution vote, nearly everyone was up in arms and in the end only a handful bothered to vote either way.

If we want change then fans have to wake up and start using their vote but it will take some doing convincing them. Many fans don't want anything to do with this kind of stuff and are only interested in watching the football.

Which is one of the reasons why I think this model is flawed. It isn't democracy at all.
Old 4th September 2019, 12.38:13   #67-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown View Post
It's really not tbh. They obviously do a great job off the field, no one disputes that and they should carry on with this.

But as a football club, where are the positives, what have they shown over the past 5 years that signals to us, as fans that they have the ability to pick a manager who can get results on the field and if they can, what will they do to ensure we keep such a manager who could potentially get us up.
It's not difficult to run the club profitably considering we have the highest attendances in the league. What exactly do they do 'off the pitch', attend a few meetings thats about it as no areas of the club are growing, no new initiatives being created, it's just things ticking over and stagnating.
Old 4th September 2019, 12.43:18   #68-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedStarksGhost View Post
That's far too simple an approach Phil. If they have positives that benefit the club (such as managing the finances well) then they should definitely continue to do that, and we should be looking at bringing in a Director of Football or something similar.
As in my previous post saying they have done well off the pitch is not entirely accurate. It's easy to do well off the pitch when you set a relatively low budget for the first team costs and know that you have the highest attendances in the league to pay for it. They should be looking to grow the budget as it's clear it's not large enough so they should be finding ways of increasing ways to get money into the club. So have they done a 'great' job off the pitch, not exactly.
Old 4th September 2019, 12.44:53   #69-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
As in my previous post saying they have done well off the pitch is not entirely accurate. It's easy to do well off the pitch when you set a relatively low budget for the first team costs and know that you have the highest attendances in the league to pay for it. They should be looking to grow the budget as it's clear it's not large enough so they should be finding ways of increasing ways to get money into the club. So have they done a 'great' job off the pitch, not exactly.
Without knowing the budget, and previous seasons budgets, can you definitely say this hasn't happened? Genuine question.
Old 4th September 2019, 12.45:11   #70-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Thanks.

Non members can soon join with the incentive of being able to action change.

Again with the incentive of implementing real change the incentive is there to vote.

However like you I think it would probably be defeated as fans just can't be bothered going on past experience. I take the bubble resolution vote, nearly everyone was up in arms and in the end only a handful bothered to vote either way.

If we want change then fans have to wake up and start using their vote but it will take some doing convincing them. Many fans don't want anything to do with this kind of stuff and are only interested in watching the football.

Which is one of the reasons why I think this model is flawed. It isn't democracy at all.
A postal/electronic/in person vote would achieve a true inclusive democratic vote. Our fanbase isn't just based in the town, an alternative is to hold the meetings on home matchdays, so that those based further afield don't have to make an extra journey.
Old 4th September 2019, 12.46:30   #71-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Not a black and white answer for me. I voted No as I don't feel, football wise, they are doing a good job. Majority of other things I am fine with.
I have said that I don't want a mass clear out, just a reorganising and hopefully get some football knowledge co-opted onto the club board.
So you are fine with having no permanent training ground?

You are fine with the youth system deteriorating beyond recognition?

You are fine with the fact that the state of the ground is a shambles?
Old 4th September 2019, 12.47:14   #72-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
I guess the real test would be if we were to have lower crowds. We may get that soon enough....
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.02:48.