RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114432-confidence-boards-wst-club.html)

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 08.23:34

Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

Last season we had a poll in January to see where fans were at with both boards.
I think we should have another poll now what with January coming home to roost and it being clear that nothing changes regardless of blunders and poor decision making. That's aside from the lack of communication, lack of humility and no hint of any accountability. The only person who is accountable is the manager.

Hometown Unicorn 4th September 2019 08.30:16

Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

It's not as simple as a yes or no for me. I have confidence in some areas of the board but I don't have confidence in Spencer Harris in his current role.

As for the WST board, they keep putting off my emails offering to volunteer. I hope this isn't the case with everyone else.

Haruki 4th September 2019 08.32:40

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2289507]It's not as simple as a yes or no for me. I have confidence in some areas of the board but I don't have confidence in Spencer Harris in his current role.

As for the WST board, they keep putting off my emails offering to volunteer. I hope this isn't the case with everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Out of interest what have you volunteered to do?

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 08.32:43

If you do still have confidence, 3 still do so far, it would be good to hear why? Genuine question.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 08.33:18

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2289507]It's not as simple as a yes or no for me. I have confidence in some areas of the board but I don't have confidence in Spencer Harris in his current role.

As for the WST board, they keep putting off my emails offering to volunteer. I hope this isn't the case with everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I've offered a small amount of helping about an idea of mine and communicating better with the masses, years on still waiting.

Interesting that person contacted was passing a similar idea off as his own, but wanted it in the Leader and not on RP.

El Jonez 4th September 2019 08.41:51

Off the field a big [B]YES[/B]. They should be applauded for many positive things.

On the field (footballing matters) a huge [B]NO[/B]. The Davies/Barrow/Newell/Lawrence farce coupled with the appointment of Hughes is my reasoning.

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 08.44:20

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2289514]Off the field a big [B]YES[/B]. They should be applauded for many positive things.

On the field (footballing matters) a huge [B]NO[/B]. The Davies/Barrow/Newell/Lawrence farce coupled with the appointment of Hughes is my reasoning.[/QUOTE]

This is a football club? On the field is what we're all about! Fans do not flock to the racecourse for anything off the field.

So that's a no from you then.

Wenttoanderlechtin76 4th September 2019 08.48:35

4 of the board have voted already

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 08.50:42

Difficult to answer as I think it's too complex to boil down to Yes or No.

As said above, off the field they do a great job. But the football side needs a lot of work and I don't have the confidence in us achieving anything if they continue to run it.

So I voted Yes, but on the premise there is a change on the current structure. For example, bringing in someone with experience in a director of football role perhaps.

Superunknown 4th September 2019 08.52:07

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289515]This is a football club? On the field is what we're all about! Fans do not flock to the racecourse for anything off the field.

So that's a no from you then.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Felt the question was based mostly on confidence of them getting results on the pitch, which tbh I'm surprised some have actually said yes to.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.36:13.