Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th September 2019, 10.03:28   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Default Re: Maidenhead Rankings

Was it only me that noticed Dibble carry the ball outside his own area midway through the first half?
Old 4th September 2019, 10.09:04   #11-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Dibble (6) Competent but his distribution was too often poor.

Carrington (7) Our best RB for the last few seasons. But whilst he does get forward he lacks the pace to get past their LB.

Pearson (7) Better performance but he was partly at fault for their first goal and then had a tirade against the ref and should have been booked.

Chambers (5) Hesitant and sometimes weak in the challenge. Must do better.

Jennings (6) Bit rusty but kept going. His crosses are mostly ineffective.

Summerfield (5) For every good thing he did, he would then commit a howler. Cannot control the midfield.

Wright (4) He gets into the right areas but lacks the ability and composure to finish chances. Should have had a hat-trick last night, and cost us 3 points.

Young (8) He is no midfield general but he does much of the donkey-work, and good cross for the first and well taken goal. My MotM.

Grant (6) Worked hard but did not stamp his authority.

Oswell (5) Glad he got the goal but his limitations are being exposed: too slow; and neither big enough nor strong enough to act as a target-man. Being isolated doesn't help, and he has injured himself last night, so was struggling towards the end.

Tollitt (7) Our only attacking threat. But we are back to last season, when he has to do it all on his own. Overheard on a conversation on the way home, claiming he is a disruptive influence in the dressing-room. Well, he is disruptive to the opposition on the pitch, which what counts!

Subs:

Rutherford - Lots of effort but little or no quality.

McIntosh - Struggling to cope with the physicality of the game.

Redmond - Lots of ability but he has to toughen up if he is to become effective.

The ref (5) - I have seen worse but she allowed them far too much time-wasting, and she never once allowed play to flow by giving the advantage.

Maidenhead - A poor and cynical team who got lucky with an OG and a worldie that would normally end up on the Kop. But we again failed to beat an average team which, sadly, makes us no better than average at the moment.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 4th September 2019 at 10.11:48..
Old 4th September 2019, 10.45:38   #12-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Dibble 5 nothing to do and couldn't be blamed for goals

Carra 5 reasonably solid. nothing going forward
Pearson 5 seems a shadow of last couple of years
Chambers 2 big and strong but a liability
Jennings 6 too reliant on him for an attacking option

Summerfield 5 not great
Young 7 MOTM best player by a mile
Wright 0 abject

Grant 3 pretend footballer
Oswell 6 credit for the goal but he had a thankless task
Tollitt 7 key creator

subs
Ruthers his contribution Vs tollitt was telling
Redmond
Mcintosh
I'm sure someone will find away to blame him.
Old 4th September 2019, 15.09:10   #13-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
Was it only me that noticed Dibble carry the ball outside his own area midway through the first half?
Shocking!
Old 4th September 2019, 15.50:00   #14-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
Dibble -6- Don't think he could have done anything with the first, no chance with the second...Few routine saves and kicking okay but not really troubled.

Carrington -5- Awful going forward, didn't really need to do much defending, ironically JBB prob would have suited this game better.

Jennings -5- Did slightly more then Carra going forward but nothing much good, again, didn't have to defend much.

Chambers -5- Shakey, but not put under too much pressure.

Pearson -7- Trying to drag the team with him, think it is too much even for him though.

Wright -4- Tough to rate as he did well getting into positive positions but shocking composure and finishing.

Summerfield -6- Had loads of the ball but unable to create much with what is in front of him, he didn't give much away but will always struggle to be effective in this set-up.

Young -7- Edges SP for MOM, unlucky with the OG I think, assist and a good goal. He has to get through a lot of work which stops him being able to impose himself as much as we would like.

Tollit -5- Couldn't even control it first half, improved after the break. Definitely shouldn't have been taken off when chasing the win, good play for Youngs goal.

Grant -5- Had a tough battle with there RB, unlucky with his overhead kick at the end.

Oswell -6- Got a goal, was battered all night by there defenders whilst trying to win the balls lumped to/at him. Was impressed with how he kept going and working, he is another who will never be effective in this system though.

Subs
Rutherford - On for Tollit when chasing a winner?! Him and Carra down the right was never going to produce anything.

Redmond - Don't remember him touching it.

Macintosh - Had to check on BBC Sport that we actually did bring him on.
You are right about Wright getting into good positions on another day he will score a few .Put in a better shift than Redmond does and did bring some physicality to midfield.
Old 4th September 2019, 15.58:25   #15-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
You are right about Wright getting into good positions on another day he will score a few .Put in a better shift than Redmond does and did bring some physicality to midfield.
Agreed and don’t get all the hate Akil is receiving. The lad was playing only his third game of the season and missed some of pre season with a virus that hospitalised him.

The chances he had fell to his weaker left foot but he got into the right positions and went close.

He deserves to start ahead of Redmond and keep his place in the team.
Old 4th September 2019, 16.45:29   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jonez View Post
Agreed and don’t get all the hate Akil is receiving. The lad was playing only his third game of the season and missed some of pre season with a virus that hospitalised him.

The chances he had fell to his weaker left foot but he got into the right positions and went close.

He deserves to start ahead of Redmond and keep his place in the team.
Completely agree, he was trying to do the job of our useless forwards, Oswell tollit and grant were dire for most of the night.
Old 4th September 2019, 17.12:19   #17-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewxm View Post
Completely agree, he was trying to do the job of our useless forwards, Oswell tollit and grant were dire for most of the night.
Forwards? I only saw one completely isolated.
Old 4th September 2019, 17.32:58   #18-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
No i seen it both feet were well outside first half
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.34:45.