RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Bryan Hughes has started blocking fans on Twitter (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114434-bryan-hughes-has-started-blocking-fans-twitter.html)

Phils-an-alki 5th September 2019 10.36:11

Re: Bryan Hughes has started blocking fans on Twitter

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2289973]The problem with all this is that today's society think they are entitled to say and do whatever they like, however abusive that may be. You think the team, BH, CD and the board are shit, fine. Post on here or speak to your mates down the pub, why do you have to attack people on social media or post criticism on youtube videos? I have plenty of opinions on lots of things but keep them largely off social media.[/QUOTE]

You've commented without knowing the facts, see my post above. I wondered how long it would take to be twisted in such a way that it would turn on the fans who didn't even know BH was on twitter.

benwilliams 5th September 2019 10.38:09

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289974]So you don't know what's happened then.
No one stalked him, he went searching for fans who've criticised performances and blocked them. Many didn't follow him or even know he was on twitter. He can of course block who he likes but you've got it all wrong here.[/QUOTE]

If that's true then that is different to simply blocking people who abused him and does seem odd behaviour I agree.

Phils-an-alki 5th September 2019 10.44:11

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2289977]If that's true then that is different to simply blocking people who abused him and does seem odd behaviour I agree.[/QUOTE]

I was a tad terse in my last reply you. Didn't mean to be.
Yeah it seems he went seeking criticism on twitter from fans who were unhappy after the Stockport game and blocked them. Very odd and a sure sign he's cracking under the pressure.

Personally I couldn't care what he does on his own twitter account but doing what he's done is such an own goal and just creates further divide between club and fans.

marinman 5th September 2019 10.45:32

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289974]So you don't know what's happened then.
No one stalked him, he went searching for fans who've criticised performances and blocked them. Many didn't follow him or even know he was on twitter. He can of course block who he likes but you've got it all wrong here.[/QUOTE]

Then the pressure is telling on him, Phil. I don't understand the attraction of twitter and ths like or getting upset at being blocked. That's his choice.

Willywill 5th September 2019 10.46:39

Social media, hopefully, is a trend. Rather like Tattoo’s and walking everywhere with head phones on (at risk of killing yourself). I pulled out of it all 3 years ago, and don’t miss it one bit. To me, it’s just a facility to post opinions and therefore clash with those who don’t agree with you. It’s just grief, we all do without.
Hughes is on it because it’s trendy, but now he’s having a hard time at work, he’s not rating it anymore. I think he is mad to be on Twitter, but it’s up to him to block folks, or ideally, grow up and kick it all into touch. Donald Trump seems to put all of his thoughts onto Twitter - one massive reason not to get involved!

northwalian dragon 5th September 2019 10.52:25

Got a agree that's very poor of the club to disable comments on the videos

Media Team 5th September 2019 11.12:19

Comments have been disabled on YouTube videos for the time being. It's nothing to do with censorship, it's due to the time moderating is taking on other club channels.

On facebook, we have a young demographic, and I have had messages from parents asking why a 60+ year old man is swinging his todger around using disgusting language on the comments section. Banter maybe - but it has a knock on effect...

I am but one man with some helpers, and I have to moderate this stuff. Some of the vile comments posted the past week are quite frankly shameful and disgusting.

I haven't got all day to sit on all of the club channels deleting old naked men and foul and abusive/threatening text - so something had to give, and for the moment it's YouTube comments.

Carl

louisleftboot 5th September 2019 11.12:20

Getting butthurt over being blocked on twitter and disabled comments on YouTube is a bit much isn’t it?

JonoWafc 5th September 2019 11.16:04

I got blocked by Hughes after stating ‘Hughes out’ and that we were in real trouble if the management team isn’t evaluated ASAP. There was t a single abusive comment and I didn’t tag him on twitter.

I travel hundreds of miles to watch Wrexham play parting with hard earned cash, am I not entitled to air my views about how the team is ran especially as we are shipping goals left right and centre ? What I find strange is he has gone out of his way to find comments about him. Clearly a man under pressure

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.58:02.