RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Bryan Hughes has started blocking fans on Twitter (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114434-bryan-hughes-has-started-blocking-fans-twitter.html)

podders 4th September 2019 11.49:25

Re: Bryan Hughes has started blocking fans on Twitter

He has just made his account private so it means you can only see his tweets if you follow him.

--Edit--

I see he has also blocked certain fans as well. But if you previously used twitter for fun then people started criticising you while struggling in your new job you would take steps to stop seeing that level of criticism, wouldn't you?

Back of the Kop 4th September 2019 11.54:26

[QUOTE=Red Dragon Froomie;2289652]It really is dangerous for him to be doing that. He doesn't exactly strike me as the type of manager that could shrug it off. Seeing that many posts asking for his head will weigh on him, and you can't afford to have that when under pressure. I feel sorry for him in many ways - it's not his fault he was offered the job, but he's not the right man for it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly right.Lamb to the slaughter from day 1

I said the club board had to have a shake up over the summer as they didn't have the guts straight after the January disaster.Nothing has changed and here we are looking at a relegation battle.

The blame lies fairly and squarely with Spencer and his crew but still they sit unmoved while our club goes down the pipe

BP Red 4th September 2019 11.58:52

[QUOTE=podders;2289653]He has just made his account private so it means you can only see his tweets if you follow him.[/QUOTE]

His account has been private for ages.

As much as I don't think he's up to the job, I really can't see the issue with him blocking people from his private Twitter account.

The problem with Twitter is that you don't just see the tweets from those who you follow, but ones from people who follow similar accounts. I.e. if he follows the Wrexham twitter then someone comments for him to be sacked on one of their posts then he may well see it.

Most of the people he's blocked are pricks anyway, especially Ulrich.

Red Dragon Froomie 4th September 2019 12.01:41

[QUOTE=podders;2289653]He has just made his account private so it means you can only see his tweets if you follow him.

--Edit--

I see he has also blocked certain fans as well. But if you previously used twitter for fun then people started criticising you while struggling in your new job you would take steps to stop seeing that level of criticism, wouldn't you?[/QUOTE]

You can mute people, or mute certain words or terms which prevents posts containing them from being seen. He didn't need to directly block anyone to stop seeing anti Hughes posts.

Again, fans who pay their money to pay his wages are perfectly entitled to say what they like. Blocking fans shows he's buckling, but we knew it was only a matter of time.

Connolly 4th September 2019 12.03:24

[QUOTE=Red Dragon Froomie;2289661]You can mute people, or mute certain words or terms which prevents posts containing them from being seen. He didn't need to directly block anyone to stop seeing anti Hughes posts.

Again, fans who pay their money to pay his wages are perfectly entitled to say what they like. Blocking fans shows he's buckling, but we knew it was only a matter of time.[/QUOTE]

And he's perfectly entitled to block whoever he wants on his personal social media account, it's got nothing to do with Wrexham football club.

Weird.

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 12.04:05

People are entitled to post their opinions on here and their social media.

Brian Hughes is equally entitled to block those fans who are saying negative things about him.

Don't see the big deal.

BP Red 4th September 2019 12.09:51

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2289664]People are entitled to post their opinions on here and their social media.

Brian Hughes is equally entitled to block those fans who are saying negative things about him.

Don't see the big deal.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, anyone who has a problem with it needs to get a grip.

northwalian dragon 4th September 2019 12.13:21

Don't see the issue either

As much as I dislike the bloke and want him out this is nit-picking a bit

Lesjonno 4th September 2019 12.13:46

He’s blocking comments, so what? No big deal, I think I would too.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.52:26.