RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Bryan Hughes has started blocking fans on Twitter (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114434-bryan-hughes-has-started-blocking-fans-twitter.html)

Connolly 4th September 2019 13.30:57

Re: Bryan Hughes has started blocking fans on Twitter

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289718]From last nights game and Saturdays game, does it look like they are being well drilled in training?[/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing with that Phil and I don't believe BH is the right man. But a light session on a Monday in between a Saturday and Tuesday game isn't something he can be criticized for, same as blocking people on his own personal social media account.

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 13.38:08

[QUOTE=BP Red;2289699]Haha clutching at straws there. Blocking a handful of nobheads on Twitter is now comparable to Mills' piss-up preparation?

He's not the right man for the job but for the final time, it's his personal account. Stop crying about it.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmn, not sure he's blocked 'nobheads'? Unless you've seen examples of tweets? I haven't seen anything out of order. So not sure you've understood whats happened here going by that comment. And no I'm not one, I'm not even on twitter. :)

I just think its the beginning of the end for him. He's started down a road that will only lead to one thing, him being sacked. Once you turn on the fans unless with very good reason, you're done and a dead man walking.

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 13.40:32

[QUOTE=Connolly;2289719]I'm not disagreeing with that Phil and I don't believe BH is the right man. But a light session on a Monday in between a Saturday and Tuesday game isn't something he can be criticized for, same as blocking people on his own personal social media account.[/QUOTE]

No maybe not. I've said earlier in the thread I don't think BH should be hammered for this and that I feel sorry for him.

As for training, after a defeat personally I'd hope that they are working on the things that went wrong in the last game. The reports are that they were not.

KingBuxton_Forever red 4th September 2019 13.46:58

I think people are correct in saying he is entitled to block whoever he likes, but it is certainly weird how he has done it. These people haven't tagged him in a tweet, instead he has actively searched for his own name and what people have said.

I think that speaks volumes. Negativity isn't coming to him, he has gone looking for it.

EnglishRed 4th September 2019 13.48:40

[QUOTE=Connolly;2289712]I don't know enough about coaching, fitness or professional football players requirements to know if that session was normal, not normal or designed to be what it was.

Unless you have coaching badges and are privvy to the current teams requirements, I'd guess neither are you?[/QUOTE]

In the current climate people are going to speculate. The truth is none of us here (I bet) actually know anything about the training regime. If what people are saying, that the team barely trains, is true then yes that is appalling and serious questions would need to be asked about the staff, players and the regime that allows it. But I just find it hard to believe. I can't see people like Pearson putting up with that. I think you should always assume people have a level of professionalism about their job unless you have actual concrete evidence to the contrary.

As for this twitter thing. Who gives a shit? It's his personal account he can do what he likes.

I my job I get criticism from the public on social media (sometimes personal sometimes general) and I just ignore it. And have blocked and/or removed myself from platforms where you see people's comments, because noone really needs or deserves to read stuff like that about themselves, although unless it's defamatory then people are entitled to say it.

noisy1 4th September 2019 13.50:59

I really couldn't care less.

wrexhamforever16 4th September 2019 14.03:43

Yeah he's blocked me after i replied to the clubs ft tweet when we lost to Stockport. Didn't tag him, dont follow him either. So he must have purposely gone on twitter to look at fans replies to block them. Embarrassing. He should be gone by now

Outertowner 4th September 2019 14.16:52

I think he has just blocked everyone who can’t spell his name right. It’s spelt Bryan.

Outertowner 4th September 2019 14.23:30

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289705]Doing Vanity searches points to arrogance. Bobby Grant for one, who's opinion isn't listened too regarding how poor pr preparation o the week is, again arrogance.[/QUOTE]

How do we know he’s not being listened to? Truth is, no one knows anything really on what is going on behind the scenes. Just because BH has decided not to take someone’s advice does not automatically make him arrogant.

BP Red 4th September 2019 14.25:21

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289722]Hmmmn, not sure he's blocked 'nobheads'? Unless you've seen examples of tweets? I haven't seen anything out of order. So not sure you've understood whats happened here going by that comment. And no I'm not one, I'm not even on twitter. :)

I just think its the beginning of the end for him. He's started down a road that will only lead to one thing, him being sacked. Once you turn on the fans unless with very good reason, you're done and a dead man walking.[/QUOTE]

I've seen quite a lot after match reports which where basically 'F Off Bryan' and worse. Can totally understand if he blocks them. As I say, I'm not a fan at all of his but it seems a lot of fans think they should be able to say what they like to someone without repurcussion.

Personally I think he was the wrong choice but may have been able to make something of the squad if he had an adequate coaching set up behind him rather than two part timers, one of which I'm yet to see at the training ground.

I get that they're not all nobheads, but if you really care that much about whether someone has blocked you on Twitter then you're probably borderline.

Teifi Red 4th September 2019 14.27:10

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2289731]Yeah he's blocked me after i replied to the clubs ft tweet when we lost to Stockport. Didn't tag him, dont follow him either. So he must have purposely gone on twitter to look at fans replies to block them. Embarrassing. He should be gone by now[/QUOTE]

What did your reply say?

Prodigal Dragon 4th September 2019 14.31:01

[QUOTE=Red Dragon Froomie;2289629]I've seen a few Twitter posts from Fans showing that Bryan Hughes has blocked them on social media. Every fan who pays their money to come and watch Wrexham is full entitled to their opinion unless they have been abusive, in which case it's fair to block them, though I wouldn't say that's been the case with the majority he's blocked.

The main thing for me is I think for his sake he should be doing his best to avoid reading social media as it can't be good for his mentality. Imagine if he was on Red Passion[/QUOTE]

They are. But BH is fully entitled to block tweets.

Personally, don't use Twitter. It's a feeding frenzy for anyone with a grudge or opinion, and distracts him from his job.

If you have issues, direct them at the Board or Chairman of the WST.

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 14.33:06

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2289740]They are. But BH is fully entitled to block tweets.

Personally, don't use Twitter. It's a feeding frenzy for anyone with a grudge or opinion, and distracts him from his job.

[B]If you have issues, direct them at the Board or Chairman of the WST[/B].[/QUOTE]

That's doesn't work either.

Prodigal Dragon 4th September 2019 14.34:34

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289742]That's doesn't work either.[/QUOTE]

Then approach them face-to-face with your points. They are generally receptive.

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 14.36:16

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2289743]Then approach them face-to-face with your points. They are generally receptive.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, they aren't. Maybe if you are mates with them they are.

Prodigal Dragon 4th September 2019 14.39:46

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289746]Honestly, they aren't. Maybe if you are mates with them they are.[/QUOTE]

No, I am not mates with any of them. But every time I approach them they listen and try to explain. Not always to my satisfaction, but that's life.

Does the WST have a complaints process? If so, use it.

Corner Flag 4th September 2019 14.39:58

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289746]Honestly, they aren't. Maybe if you are mates with them they are.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt bother after the tall stories etc we were told in January !!

steve 4th September 2019 14.45:37

Can't understand why all these managers, players etc stay on twitter when they know there is so many sad cases out there with nothing better to do than give out dogs abuse on social media.

He's probably forgot more about the game of football than ninety percent of those trying to give him advice/abuse will ever know so can't blame him for blocking but like I say why leave yourself open to it in the first place.

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 14.57:29

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2289749]No, I am not mates with any of them. But every time I approach them they listen and try to explain. Not always to my satisfaction, but that's life.

Does the WST have a complaints process? If so, use it.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't suggesting you were mates with them, poorly put by me. Just generally speaking I meant.
I'm not sure what it would achieve? If I told them exactly what I thought of say their January antics I doubt they'd reveal all, as an example. And even if they did, then what? After talking to Don Bircham a good few times,who should be in politics by the way, I lost the will to live. And yes I actually talked to him. Utter waste of time. I am talking from experience here.

I want this club to succeed and I don't see a conversation with any board member changing anything when they clearly do not want change. People always seem to revert to this 'contact them' or 'do it yourself then' as if its some sort of solution when its anything but. The problems the club as has gone way beyond that stuff now.

Rob 4th September 2019 15.53:18

Slightly related to this... seems a fan has paid a naked bloke to read out a (abusive) firm message about wrexham / board.

@tomwfc_ has published a copy.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 15.53:18

[QUOTE=Connolly;2289712]I don't know enough about coaching, fitness or professional football players requirements to know if that session was normal, not normal or designed to be what it was.

Unless you have coaching badges and are privvy to the current teams requirements, I'd guess neither are you?[/QUOTE]

Guess all you like and you'd be wrong, play amatuer football and you know it's not right what goes on. You don't need coaching badges.

Another example is when Man City got knocked out the FA Cup by Wigan, Guardiola had them all in the next day all doing double sessions until he was happy with the improvement in performances.

In fact he's done this everywhere he's been and is generally the reason his sides don't lose otherwise it will be double training sessions until he's happy. Why they can normally adapt with ease to different scenarios without him getting to involved. They're what people would call well drilled. Our lot ain't.

That's the difference between winners losers and those who stagnate.

Connolly 4th September 2019 15.57:25

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289777]Guess all you like and you'd be wrong, play amateur football and you know it's not right what goes on. You don't need coaching badges.

Another example is when Man City got knocked out the FA Cup by Wigan, Guardiola had them all in the next day all doing double sessions until he was happy with the improvement in performances.

In fact he's done this everywhere he's been and is generally the reason his sides don't lose otherwise it will be double training sessions until he's happy. Why they can normally adapt with ease to different scenarios without him getting to involved. They're what people would call well drilled. Our lot ain't.

That's the difference between winners losers and those who stagnate.[/QUOTE]

I play amateur football, I know lads who play semi-pro I know nobody at either of those levels would be in in between 2 games.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 16.03:58

[QUOTE=Connolly;2289779]I play amateur football, I know lads who play semi-pro I know nobody at either of those levels would be in in between 2 games.[/QUOTE]

They can't play for very good clubs then, just confirms the amatuer status of a professional football club.

I know pro footballers, they definitely are in inbetween games in quick succession, even semi pro WPL players.

OneLoveWrexham 4th September 2019 16.08:32

[QUOTE=Rob;2289776]Slightly related to this... seems a fan has paid a naked bloke to read out a (abusive) firm message about wrexham / board.

@tomwfc_ has published a copy.[/QUOTE]
Just seen this on twitter....

Foxy 4th September 2019 16.14:24

[QUOTE=Rob;2289776]Slightly related to this... seems a fan has paid a naked bloke to read out a (abusive) firm message about wrexham / board.

@tomwfc_ has published a copy.[/QUOTE]

Just seen it. Frankly it’s disgraceful and clearly produced by a Brexit quitter.

dixienormous 4th September 2019 16.16:43

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2289784]Just seen this on twitter....[/QUOTE]

Any link?

ruthinred 4th September 2019 16.23:11

I think Bri and Spence have upset the wrong section of our fan base. :D

tokyored 4th September 2019 16.38:01

If anything shows why they have the right to block whoever they want, then it's bellends like this on twitter. (pun slightly intended).

Imagine their family/kids coming across the video of someone threatening to volley them in the teeth. Disgusting.

BP Red 4th September 2019 17.09:45

[QUOTE=Foxy;2289786]Just seen it. Frankly it’s disgraceful and clearly produced by a Brexit quitter.[/QUOTE]

Haha, had one of the bellends tell me that we “wouldn’t have to put up with women referees after we leave”.

fezbob 4th September 2019 17.17:20

Nothing funny about that video it's just weird, especially when you consider someone parted with their hard earned (excuse the euphemism) for that.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 4th September 2019 17.24:09

Can anyone explain to me what it is?

wrexhamforever16 4th September 2019 17.38:40

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2289737]What did your reply say?[/QUOTE]

Sack the useless t**t or something.

pagl 4th September 2019 17.43:03

He isn’t competent even for Twitter.
Take his phone off him.

dixienormous 4th September 2019 17.45:12

Any bloody links? Please?

OneLoveWrexham 4th September 2019 17.47:00

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2289822]Any bloody links? Please?[/QUOTE]
You have a pm

dixienormous 4th September 2019 17.57:35

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2289823]You have a pm[/QUOTE]

Thanks. What on earth was that?

ABd 4th September 2019 18.00:38

Christ Almighty

bolan 4th September 2019 18.09:00

Get off Twitter and get a fkn life people.

Lods 4th September 2019 18.11:03

Not a huge deal. It's a personal account really, it's not like the official Wrexham Twitter is blocking people. The fans may own Wrexham AFC but they don't own Bryan's Twitter account - it's not like Hughes is blocking these people from attending games or Trust meetings.

I'm not a massive defender of him, in my opinion the sooner he's out the better but at the end of the day it's a personal Twitter, despite him Tweeting some reaction to Wrexham related stuff.

Teifi Red 4th September 2019 18.19:22

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2289820]Sack the useless t**t or something.[/QUOTE]

Or something............:coolgleamA:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.26:17.