RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Bryan Hughes has started blocking fans on Twitter (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114434-bryan-hughes-has-started-blocking-fans-twitter.html)

Red Dragon Froomie 4th September 2019 11.21:13

Bryan Hughes has started blocking fans on Twitter

I've seen a few Twitter posts from Fans showing that Bryan Hughes has blocked them on social media. Every fan who pays their money to come and watch Wrexham is full entitled to their opinion unless they have been abusive, in which case it's fair to block them, though I wouldn't say that's been the case with the majority he's blocked.

The main thing for me is I think for his sake he should be doing his best to avoid reading social media as it can't be good for his mentality. Imagine if he was on Red Passion

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 11.23:20

Re: Bryan Hughes has started blocking fans on Twitter

Blocking the 'owners' who pay his wage for voicing valid criticism, no abuse in most comments I've seen.

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 11.31:01

I feel sorry for him. I don't think he should be criticised too much for this, if at all.
However it feels like this is the beginning of the end for him, sounds like he's feeling the pressure and made a bad decision in blocking fans. Very strange thing to do when you need all the support you can get and a PR disaster for the club.

fezbob 4th September 2019 11.35:17

If I were him I'd just not have a Twitter account at all. I know Morrell and Keates had one while they were managers, but don't recall them being very active. A few of the people who have been blocked say they haven't directed any abuse towards him. All a bit weird.

Rhosymedre Red 4th September 2019 11.44:51

Rich Ulrich is blocked for some reason.

Hometown Unicorn 4th September 2019 11.46:51

If he's actively seeking out posts against him and blocking people based on that, then there's a big possibility he reads this site too.

Rob Evan's blocked me on Twitter after I said he'd had a poor game on here

Back of the Kop 4th September 2019 11.47:26

If I were Wrexham manager I wouldn't be anywhere near social media

louisleftboot 4th September 2019 11.48:00

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2289650]If I were Wrexham manager I wouldn't be anywhere near social media[/QUOTE]

Same, but I guess he has to promote his footgolf somewhere.

Red Dragon Froomie 4th September 2019 11.49:20

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2289649]If he's actively seeking out posts against him and blocking people based on that, then there's a big possibility he reads this site too.

Rob Evan's blocked me on Twitter after I said he'd had a poor game on here[/QUOTE]

It really is dangerous for him to be doing that. He doesn't exactly strike me as the type of manager that could shrug it off. Seeing that many posts asking for his head will weigh on him, and you can't afford to have that when under pressure. I feel sorry for him in many ways - it's not his fault he was offered the job, but he's not the right man for it.

podders 4th September 2019 11.49:25

He has just made his account private so it means you can only see his tweets if you follow him.

--Edit--

I see he has also blocked certain fans as well. But if you previously used twitter for fun then people started criticising you while struggling in your new job you would take steps to stop seeing that level of criticism, wouldn't you?

Back of the Kop 4th September 2019 11.54:26

[QUOTE=Red Dragon Froomie;2289652]It really is dangerous for him to be doing that. He doesn't exactly strike me as the type of manager that could shrug it off. Seeing that many posts asking for his head will weigh on him, and you can't afford to have that when under pressure. I feel sorry for him in many ways - it's not his fault he was offered the job, but he's not the right man for it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly right.Lamb to the slaughter from day 1

I said the club board had to have a shake up over the summer as they didn't have the guts straight after the January disaster.Nothing has changed and here we are looking at a relegation battle.

The blame lies fairly and squarely with Spencer and his crew but still they sit unmoved while our club goes down the pipe

BP Red 4th September 2019 11.58:52

[QUOTE=podders;2289653]He has just made his account private so it means you can only see his tweets if you follow him.[/QUOTE]

His account has been private for ages.

As much as I don't think he's up to the job, I really can't see the issue with him blocking people from his private Twitter account.

The problem with Twitter is that you don't just see the tweets from those who you follow, but ones from people who follow similar accounts. I.e. if he follows the Wrexham twitter then someone comments for him to be sacked on one of their posts then he may well see it.

Most of the people he's blocked are pricks anyway, especially Ulrich.

Red Dragon Froomie 4th September 2019 12.01:41

[QUOTE=podders;2289653]He has just made his account private so it means you can only see his tweets if you follow him.

--Edit--

I see he has also blocked certain fans as well. But if you previously used twitter for fun then people started criticising you while struggling in your new job you would take steps to stop seeing that level of criticism, wouldn't you?[/QUOTE]

You can mute people, or mute certain words or terms which prevents posts containing them from being seen. He didn't need to directly block anyone to stop seeing anti Hughes posts.

Again, fans who pay their money to pay his wages are perfectly entitled to say what they like. Blocking fans shows he's buckling, but we knew it was only a matter of time.

Connolly 4th September 2019 12.03:24

[QUOTE=Red Dragon Froomie;2289661]You can mute people, or mute certain words or terms which prevents posts containing them from being seen. He didn't need to directly block anyone to stop seeing anti Hughes posts.

Again, fans who pay their money to pay his wages are perfectly entitled to say what they like. Blocking fans shows he's buckling, but we knew it was only a matter of time.[/QUOTE]

And he's perfectly entitled to block whoever he wants on his personal social media account, it's got nothing to do with Wrexham football club.

Weird.

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 12.04:05

People are entitled to post their opinions on here and their social media.

Brian Hughes is equally entitled to block those fans who are saying negative things about him.

Don't see the big deal.

BP Red 4th September 2019 12.09:51

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2289664]People are entitled to post their opinions on here and their social media.

Brian Hughes is equally entitled to block those fans who are saying negative things about him.

Don't see the big deal.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, anyone who has a problem with it needs to get a grip.

northwalian dragon 4th September 2019 12.13:21

Don't see the issue either

As much as I dislike the bloke and want him out this is nit-picking a bit

Lesjonno 4th September 2019 12.13:46

He’s blocking comments, so what? No big deal, I think I would too.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 12.14:10

[QUOTE=Connolly;2289663]And he's perfectly entitled to block whoever he wants on his personal social media account, it's got nothing to do with Wrexham football club.

Weird.[/QUOTE]

He's blocking the 'owners', like you refusing to answer the phone, reply to emails, turn up to meetings to your boss because you don't like their critiques of your work. No way do you go on the defensive or not listen. He isn't just blocking abusive people which he's fine to do, he's going beyond that in textbook John Mills style.

You may or may not have your boss as a friend, follower whatever on social media. That's all fine and dandy, actually seeking people out to block them is weird.

Red Dragon Froomie 4th September 2019 12.15:30

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2289669]Don't see the issue either

As much as I dislike the bloke and want him out this is nit-picking a bit[/QUOTE]

I'm mainly saying I'm worried about him going through social media as I don't think he's the type that will cope with the fans turning on him.

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 12.18:11

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289671]He's blocking the 'owners', like you refusing to answer the phone, reply to emails, turn up to meetings to your boss because you don't like their critiques of your work. No way do you go on the defensive or not listen. He isn't just blocking abusive people which he's fine to do, he's going beyond that in textbook John Mills style.

You may or may not have your boss as a friend, follower whatever on social media. That's all fine and dandy, actually seeking people out to block them is weird.[/QUOTE]

It's not the same thing. He doesn't report to the fans for work.

But if we are going to roll with what you're saying, you don't have to have your boss on your social media. He is not refusing to respond to emails and take calls. I do not have an obligation to have my boss on my Facebook or Twitter account. If I wish to block them, for the sake of my own sanity, I can. By the same logic, he has no obligation to have the fans on his social media.

There is no issue here, just some fans feeling they're entitled to be on his social media account.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 12.21:14

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2289673]It's not the same thing. He doesn't report to the fans for work.

But if we are going to roll with what you're saying, you don't have to have your boss on your social media. He is not refusing to respond to emails and take calls. Equally, I do not have an obligation to have my boss on my Facebook or Twitter account. If I wish to block them, for the sake of my own sanity, I can.

There is no issue here, just some fans feeling they're entitled to be on his social media account.[/QUOTE]

Aren't those in charge fans? Aren't WST members able to get to the top table like everyone else? He's blocking members, those who in turn could be making the big decisions in the future.

Some of you really need to grasp what fan ownership really is.

Seeking out people making valid critiques is weird. The issue is many weren't aware he had a twitter account, haven't linked him to tweets and been blocked. John Mills style.

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 12.26:10

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289675]Aren't those in charge fans? Aren't WST members able to get to the top table like everyone else? He's blocking members, those who in turn could be making the big decisions in the future.

Some of you really need to grasp what fan ownership really is.

Seeking out people making valid critiques is weird.[/QUOTE]

I have grasped what fan ownership is, and I understand making valid critiques. But you've completely missed the point.

His social media account is his. It has nothing to do with the club, the WST, the fans. If he wishes to block people on there, that is his right. The fans are not entitled to be on there. Just like your boss is not entitled to be on your social media.

Yes people are elected to represent the WST membership. Those are the people who are in charge. You, as a fan and a WST member, are not. You have a vote and can run for the board. You are not directly in charge nor a boss. Brian Hughes does not answer to you or any other fan.

That is how fan ownership works. We elect people in to represent us and be the boss.

If Brian Hughes wishes to potentially anger someone who may one day be in charge, that is his prerogative. He doesn't have to have the fans on his social media accounts.

Connolly 4th September 2019 12.29:11

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289671]He's blocking the 'owners', like you refusing to answer the phone, reply to emails, turn up to meetings to your boss because you don't like their critiques of your work. No way do you go on the defensive or not listen. He isn't just blocking abusive people which he's fine to do, he's going beyond that in textbook John Mills style.

You may or may not have your boss as a friend, follower whatever on social media. That's all fine and dandy, actually seeking people out to block them is weird.[/QUOTE]

It's literally nothing to do with Wrexham FC, it's his own personal social media account. What a stretch.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 12.29:37

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2289677]I have grasped what fan ownership is, and I understand making valid critiques. But you've completely missed the point.

His social media account is his. It has nothing to do with the club, the WST, the fans. If he wishes to block people on there, that is his right. The fans are not entitled to be on there. Just like your boss is not entitled to be on your social media.

Yes people are elected to represent the WST membership. Those are the people who are in charge. You, as a fan and a WST member, are not. You have a vote and can run for the board. You are not directly in charge nor a boss. Brian Hughes does not answer to you or any other fan.

That is how fan ownership works. We elect people in to represent us and be the boss.

If Brian Hughes wishes to potentially anger someone who may one day be in charge, that is his prerogative. He doesn't have to have the fans on his social media accounts.[/QUOTE]

His accounts private and has been for yonks, those unaware he had an account have still been blocked.

Again, you've missed the point. You seem to be suggesting those running the show aren't fans once more.

Fans are now playing on this knowing it's winding him up, it also raises concerns regarding the clubs policies on social media. Do they provide employees with with help and advice like other clubs do?

Like I say seeking out people who you can pick and choose who follow you on social media is weird.

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 12.31:30

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289680]His accounts private and has been for yonks, those unaware he had an account have still been blocked.

Again, you've missed the point. You seem to be suggesting those running the show aren't fans once more.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if he is blocking people, that is up to him. Fans can't get mad about it because he has every right to do so.

I haven't missed the point at all. I did not suggest that once, can you show me where? I am countering what you've said, in that the fans aren't directly Brian Hughes's boss. You were saying he is blocking his bosses. He isn't.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 12.36:41

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2289682]It doesn't matter if he is blocking people, that is up to him. Fans can't get mad about it because he has every right to do so.

I haven't missed the point at all. I did not suggest that once, can you show me where? I am countering what you've said, in that the fans aren't directly Brian Hughes's boss. You were saying he is blocking his bosses. He isn't.[/QUOTE]

'Brian Hughes does not answer to you or any other fan.'

Those at the top aren't fans, well one apparently isn't.

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 12.38:31

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289685]'Brian Hughes does not answer to you or any other fan.'

Those at the top aren't fans, well one apparently isn't.[/QUOTE]

Right sorry, I see how that's caused confusion. I meant he doesn't answer to the non-elected fans. He answers to the Wrexham AFC board and WST board.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 12.44:00

If only he put as much focus into preparing adequately for games, training sounds appalling very Mills-esq

Points out the vanity and arrogance of the fella, perhaps why some players dislike him.

BP Red 4th September 2019 12.51:50

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289691]If only he put as much focus into preparing adequately for games, training sounds appalling very Mills-esq

Points out the vanity and arrogance of the fella, perhaps why some players dislike him.[/QUOTE]

Haha clutching at straws there. Blocking a handful of nobheads on Twitter is now comparable to Mills' piss-up preparation?

He's not the right man for the job but for the final time, it's his personal account. Stop crying about it.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 13.00:16

[QUOTE=BP Red;2289699]Haha clutching at straws there. Blocking a handful of nobheads on Twitter is now comparable to Mills' piss-up preparation?

He's not the right man for the job but for the final time, it's his personal account. Stop crying about it.[/QUOTE]

Why isn't it you can't grasp he's been able to pick and choose for yonks who follows him but is doing vanity searches? He also use his account in an official capacity to address the fans too, his choice too. That other club Twitter accounts are blocking people who voice only criticism that many are blocked from joining or have since had membership revoked on SO78 for doing the same.

Are you starting to see a pattern emerge? The very tactics John Mills uses, likely promoted within the club to deal with any type of criticism.

The Gary Mills comment is to do with comments on Mondays training session which lasted 30 minutes, followed by 20 minutes lounging in the pool for half the squad at total fitness.

Outertowner 4th September 2019 13.02:54

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289691]If only he put as much focus into preparing adequately for games, training sounds appalling very Mills-esq

Points out the vanity and arrogance of the fella, perhaps why some players dislike him.[/QUOTE]

Arrogance? Don’t think you could possibly say he was arrogant, he’s not dean Saunders. And how do you know that some players dislike him?

Connolly 4th September 2019 13.03:46

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289701]Why isn't it you can't grasp he's been able to pick and choose for yonks who follows him but is doing vanity searches? He also use his account in an official capacity to address the fans too, his choice too. That other club Twitter accounts are blocking people who voice only criticism that many are blocked from joining or have since had membership revoked on SO78 for doing the same.

Are you starting to see a pattern emerge? The very tactics John Mills uses, likely promoted within the club to deal with any type of criticism.

The Mills comment is to do with comments on Mondays training session which lasted 30 minutes, followed by 20 minutes lounging in the pool for half the squad at total fitness.[/QUOTE]

Why are people shocked that a team that played Saturday and play again on Tuesday aren't grafting on a Monday?

Training might be garbage and Hughes may not have a clue, but the fact they only had a light session on a Monday in between 2 games should be a surprise to anybody.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 13.05:12

[QUOTE=Outertowner;2289703]Arrogance? Don’t think you could possibly say he was arrogant, he’s not dean Saunders. And how do you know that some players dislike him?[/QUOTE]

Doing Vanity searches points to arrogance. Bobby Grant for one, who's opinion isn't listened too regarding how poor pr preparation o the week is, again arrogance.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 13.08:20

[QUOTE=Connolly;2289704]Why are people shocked that a team that played Saturday and play again on Tuesday aren't grafting on a Monday?

Training might be garbage and Hughes may not have a clue, but the fact they only had a light session on a Monday in between 2 games should be a surprise to anybody.[/QUOTE]

Usually managers have players in on a Sunday if they haven't played well enough. Even doing double sessions to work on things.

Too much to expect at Wrexham though. Monday didnt even sound like a very light session, more like a warm up session before doing any light work.

Also.many claim they aren't at the training ground all that much, we must do these light sessions all the time.

That's the trouble when you have a manager in charge again who lives the other end of the country. Wants to dart off and play footgolf or whatever.

Amatuer sides put more effort into prep.

Connolly 4th September 2019 13.11:28

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289706]Usually managers have players in on a Sunday if they haven't played well enough. Even doing double sessions to work on things.

Too much to expect at Wrexham though. Monday didnt even sound like a very light session, more like a warm up session before doing any light work.[/QUOTE]

Usually, you make it sound like you know whats going on in training sessions at multiple clubs.

I'd say most teams with a game on Saturday and Tuesday don't do much in between.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th September 2019 13.15:40

[QUOTE=Connolly;2289707]Usually, you make it sound like you know whats going on in training sessions at multiple clubs.

I'd say most teams with a game on Saturday and Tuesday don't do much in between.[/QUOTE]

Solskjaer had his in doing double sessions, due to poor performances and lack of fitness, that's fact. Guardiola at Man City was doing the same in his first season in charge. Other managers have taken over relegation threatened sides and said as much Bignot at Chester?

Read up on the session, no tactical work went on and that's considered a light training session.

It's telling on the pitch, outplayed by part time sides who've worked, many in physical jobs before putting their boots on and look far fitter.

fezbob 4th September 2019 13.18:50

I guess the main worry for me would be that things like this usually indicate a manager who's lost their confidence. When that happens, it's never too long before they go. Wilkin lost his to the extent that he'd ask anyone in close proximity if he was doing the right thing. Mills lost control and lashed out at the press shortly before he left. Not good signs.

Connolly 4th September 2019 13.20:14

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2289709]Solskjaer had his in doing double sessions, due to poor performances and lack of fitness, that's fact. Guardiola at Man City was doing the same in his first season in charge. Other managers have taken over relegation threatened sides and said as much Bignot at Chester?

Read up on the session, no tactical work went on and that's considered a light training session.[/QUOTE]

I don't know enough about coaching, fitness or professional football players requirements to know if that session was normal, not normal or designed to be what it was.

Unless you have coaching badges and are privvy to the current teams requirements, I'd guess neither are you?

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 13.28:19

[QUOTE=Connolly;2289712]I don't know enough about coaching, fitness or professional football players requirements to know if that session was normal, not normal or designed to be what it was.

Unless you have coaching badges and are privvy to the current teams requirements, I'd guess neither are you?[/QUOTE]

From last nights game and Saturdays game, does it look like they are being well drilled in training?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.00:28.