Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th September 2019, 07.53:22   #1-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Next Four League Games

Sutton (H)
Aldershot (A)
Flyde (H)
Ebbsfleet (H)

All teams near or around us. Really we should be looking at 10 point minimum from those games. Reality in current form we will be lucky to get 4 - 6. If its the latter that might see us drop into the bottom four especially if other results go against us.

Start of October sees two very tough games against Solihull and Woking then followed by a early potential relegation against Chesterfield who are doing poorly (We all know Fondop is going to score against us on that one).
Old 4th September 2019, 08.01:30   #2-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Next Four League Games

An early potential relegation battle ... once we lose to Sutton hopefully then we l see a proper manager come in with some staff who work more than 8 hours a week
Old 4th September 2019, 08.52:31   #3-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Sutton (H)
Aldershot (A)
Flyde (H)
Ebbsfleet (H)

All teams near or around us. Really we should be looking at 10 point minimum from those games. Reality in current form we will be lucky to get 4 - 6. If its the latter that might see us drop into the bottom four especially if other results go against us.

Start of October sees two very tough games against Solihull and Woking then followed by a early potential relegation against Chesterfield who are doing poorly (We all know Fondop is going to score against us on that one).
Fylde is an AWAY fixture.
Old 4th September 2019, 08.57:57   #4-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Sutton (H)
Aldershot (A)
Flyde (H)
Ebbsfleet (H)

BH must have the confidence to use Saturday's unimportant game against Ayr Utd to experiment with his starting XI and formation in preparation for those vital 4 games.

IMHO, we should have won the last 2 games but we clearly didn't. That was through a combination of poor tactics, bad luck, poor finishing and having key players out. Shit happens, I am afraid, and winning teams cope with these distractions. Currently, we are not.

We will not gain promotion until BH improves the midfield and we stop lumping high balls into giant defences who physically dominate our strikers. We must keep the ball on the ground, improve our movement and play quicker, better balls from our pedestrian midfield.

We have piled pressure on ourselves by not preparing properly in the summer -- keeping too many poor quality players; not sorting out the midfield; not nailing a formation; not nailing a starting XI -- which has led to a very poor start (it matches Dean 'I am waiting for my solicitor' Saunders' first season in 2009/10). The Board and BH are responsible for that, but it is now up to BH to prove he is no stooge by turning things around.

Contrary to what many claim, there are signs he is slowly doing that, but silly mistakes and lapses in concentration are masking it. As an example, just about anyone would have scored a hat-trick last night if in Wright's position around the 6-yard box. He deserves credit for getting there; but he deserves a bollocking for not putting at least one of them away to win the game.

Fine margins. But, at the moment, we are the wrong side of the 'drag-curve' and BH and players must try harder, and be more clinical if we are to get out of this self-made mess.

My advice to BH is: take advantage of Saturday's game and experiment against Ayr, then go on to win those 4 games. However, if we fail to pick up 9 points or more, then I am afraid BH's time is up, and the Board must accept full responsibility for gambling on his appointment and, crucially, not giving him a full-time assistant.

No pressure!
Old 4th September 2019, 09.01:50   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

We have to win 3 of them. Anything less is unacceptable in a hope to keep our season alive. Worried we won't achieve that. Brian Hughes must be nervous, failure to win 3 out of 4 I would imagine would seriously put his job on the line at this point.
Old 4th September 2019, 12.00:24   #6-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedStarksGhost View Post
We have to win 3 of them. Anything less is unacceptable in a hope to keep our season alive. Worried we won't achieve that. Brian Hughes must be nervous, failure to win 3 out of 4 I would imagine would seriously put his job on the line at this point.
And if he takes 6 points we carry on for another 4 games ?

Be decisive !

He's clearly out of his depth and should be removed along with the football club board who appointed him, Newell and Barrow.

The title is gone and we've not played 10 games.Why wait another 4 ?
Old 4th September 2019, 12.03:05   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
And if he takes 6 points we carry on for another 4 games ?

Be decisive !

He's clearly out of his depth and should be removed along with the football club board who appointed him, Newell and Barrow.

The title is gone and we've not played 10 games.Why wait another 4 ?
I'm not saying if we should/shouldn't sack him. Personally think he should be sacked now as we're clearly going nowhere. My comment is from the board's perspective. I can't imagine them sacking him yet, but can see it happening if we don't do well over the next few games.
Old 4th September 2019, 12.08:52   #8-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I think he'll get a lot more time than many would give him.

I don't expect anything to happen before mid October at the earliest. Possibly even November. Unless we lose 3 or 4 games in a row nothing will change for a while yet.

The club know that as soon as they sack him all the attention will turn to them and they will be the only ones in the firing line, so they'll hold out for as long as possible.
Old 4th September 2019, 12.12:29   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

I would also think BF is telling them things will change for the better and stick with it , would BF go as well or is he the caretaker in such a case .
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.42:00.