Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th September 2019, 11.03:52   #31-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Doug Tharme recalled

He will play today
Don’t risk Pearson
Old 7th September 2019, 11.43:19   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Is Lawlor able to play today or is it a suspension day ?
Old 7th September 2019, 11.44:47   #33-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: On the centre spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman View Post
Do we train these days?
No
Old 7th September 2019, 11.58:49   #34-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: On the centre spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
..........Why sign shite like Ainge and co when they are never going to be good enough? We’ve waste so much money on just shite.
And the reason we sign shite? Because we don't offer potential players enough money. As they say, 'pay peanuts and you get monkeys'. We have too many monkeys in the squad. This has been the same old story for years now. Managers budget restrictions. I appreciate that any business cannot run at a loss and this will be the case for years to come unless we can attract a wealthy investor, like other clubs have in order to get out of this league, and flourish in the leagues above.

I'll get my coat
Old 7th September 2019, 12.13:36   #35-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
And the reason we sign shite? Because we don't offer potential players enough money. As they say, 'pay peanuts and you get monkeys'. We have too many monkeys in the squad. This has been the same old story for years now. Managers budget restrictions. I appreciate that any business cannot run at a loss and this will be the case for years to come unless we can attract a wealthy investor, like other clubs have in order to get out of this league, and flourish in the leagues above.

I'll get my coat
My point is we signed Ainge, franks and deverdic’s in that window if I’m not mistaken. Those 3 wages combined would have got us somebody far more competent. The wage cap argument then resurfaces.
Old 7th September 2019, 12.23:28   #36-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
My point is we signed Ainge, franks and deverdic’s in that window if I’m not mistaken. Those 3 wages combined would have got us somebody far more competent. The wage cap argument then resurfaces.
How do we know those were cheap?

All three were flops and question marks should be on why they were brought in (neither Aignr nor Frank's were fit when we signed them either). But I don't think it follows that it is anything to do with a wage cap, which after all is pure conjecture isn't it? Has anything concrete ever been put forward about this?

I'm not as much of a happy clapper as I probably appear to be. But it annoys me when pure conjecture is put forward and then people run with it with no evidence.
Old 7th September 2019, 12.50:57   #37-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Unhappy Re: Doug Tharme recalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post

All three were flops and question marks should be on why they were brought in (neither Aignr nor Frank's were fit when we signed them either). But I don't think it follows that it is anything to do with a wage cap, which after all is pure conjecture isn't it? Has anything concrete ever been put forward about this?

I'm not as much of a happy clapper as I probably appear to be. But it annoys me when pure conjecture is put forward and then people run with it with no evidence.
Ainge was a ridiculous signing - very reminiscent of some of the odd signings this year (mcintosh, bobb, Barton, Chambers). Are we simply bringing players in on a whim? Has the likes of Macintosh even been watched?

If the January signing weren’t cheap, there would be more money to fetch a proper signing in!
Old 7th September 2019, 13.39:26   #38-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Ainge was a ridiculous signing - very reminiscent of some of the odd signings this year (mcintosh, bobb, Barton, Chambers). Are we simply bringing players in on a whim? Has the likes of Macintosh even been watched?

If the January signing weren’t cheap, there would be more money to fetch a proper signing in!
Ainge had scored 26 goals the previous season so wasnt that strange albeit I agree he turned out to be terrible
Old 7th September 2019, 13.40:33   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post

I'd imagine we have a relatively healthy budget, not right at the top of the league but not far off. Its then how we have spent it that has continued to be highly questionable
Old 7th September 2019, 13.49:39   #40-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Ainge had scored 26 goals the previous season so wasnt that strange albeit I agree he turned out to be terrible
In the league below!!! He couldn’t run for Christ sake. We’d of only needed to see him once to work that out.

The thing that made it worse was Keates persevered in bringing him off the bench in nearly every game.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.50:32.