RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Doug Tharme recalled (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114446-doug-tharme-recalled.html)

Percy Sugden 7th September 2019 12.50:57

Re: Doug Tharme recalled

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2290544]How do we know those were cheap?

All three were flops and question marks should be on why they were brought in (neither Aignr nor Frank's were fit when we signed them either). But I don't think it follows that it is anything to do with a wage cap, which after all is pure conjecture isn't it? Has anything concrete ever been put forward about this?

I'm not as much of a happy clapper as I probably appear to be. But it annoys me when pure conjecture is put forward and then people run with it with no evidence.[/QUOTE]

Ainge was a ridiculous signing - very reminiscent of some of the odd signings this year (mcintosh, bobb, Barton, Chambers). Are we simply bringing players in on a whim? Has the likes of Macintosh even been watched?

If the January signing weren’t cheap, there would be more money to fetch a proper signing in!

benwilliams 7th September 2019 13.39:26

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290550]Ainge was a ridiculous signing - very reminiscent of some of the odd signings this year (mcintosh, bobb, Barton, Chambers). Are we simply bringing players in on a whim? Has the likes of Macintosh even been watched?

If the January signing weren’t cheap, there would be more money to fetch a proper signing in![/QUOTE]

Ainge had scored 26 goals the previous season so wasnt that strange albeit I agree he turned out to be terrible

benwilliams 7th September 2019 13.40:33

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2290544]How do we know those were cheap?

All three were flops and question marks should be on why they were brought in (neither Aignr nor Frank's were fit when we signed them either). But I don't think it follows that it is anything to do with a wage cap, which after all is pure conjecture isn't it? Has anything concrete ever been put forward about this?

I'm not as much of a happy clapper as I probably appear to be. But it annoys me when pure conjecture is put forward and then people run with it with no evidence.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine we have a relatively healthy budget, not right at the top of the league but not far off. Its then how we have spent it that has continued to be highly questionable

Percy Sugden 7th September 2019 13.49:39

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2290578]Ainge had scored 26 goals the previous season so wasnt that strange albeit I agree he turned out to be terrible[/QUOTE]

In the league below!!! He couldn’t run for Christ sake. We’d of only needed to see him once to work that out.

The thing that made it worse was Keates persevered in bringing him off the bench in nearly every game.

Percy Sugden 7th September 2019 13.52:38

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2290578]Ainge had scored 26 goals the previous season so wasnt that strange albeit I agree he turned out to be terrible[/QUOTE]

Maybe the 26 goals tells you more about the standard of the league below than Ainge’s ability at this level.

John Neals Dynasty 7th September 2019 14.00:50

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2290420]I didn't see him put a foot wrong when he played for us in the league last season.[/QUOTE]

^^^
Me to a great prospect if he could get a run in the first team
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 7th September 2019 20.18:41

DT played well today. Why are some ‘fans’ so keen to knock young lads?

Hometown Unicorn 8th September 2019 01.40:51

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2290825]DT played well today. Why are some ‘fans’ so keen to knock young lads?[/QUOTE]

He was behind Lawlor and Barton for MOTM earlier but by no means had a poor game. His distribution was impressive.

pagl 8th September 2019 02.39:09

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2290597]^^^
Me to a great prospect if he could get a run in the first team
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

This depends on BHs opinion of him and chances that become available.
Then it’s down to him to perform (that’s also going to be opinion).

Not sure where he sits in the pecking order now.
Pearson and Lawlor main choices, Chambers seems to marmite on the opinions and Barton was tried as an option in the friendlies. He could squeeze those 2 for a place though. Be interesting to see how BH now uses him after recall as it’s obviously not for injury. An update on Manny would be welcome as well.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.30:11.