RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Doug Tharme recalled (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114446-doug-tharme-recalled.html)

Huffy 8th September 2019 08.00:29

Re: Doug Tharme recalled

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2290825]DT played well today. Why are some ‘fans’ so keen to knock young lads?[/QUOTE]

Its great to see .
I wonder if its because in the past (as it always will be ) there are some youngsters that wilt a bit under first team duty , some that shine (isnt it the pride and buzz of playing with the big boys that lifts their game too ? )
When they struggle folk think the moans and groans will destroy them ?
Making that step up usually brings one or the other .
Well done Doug

sparky 8th September 2019 08.32:05

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2290825]DT played well today. Why are some ‘fans’ so keen to knock young lads?[/QUOTE]

I've no idea. Very difficult to fathom and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to.

Percy Sugden 8th September 2019 08.49:23

[QUOTE=sparky;2290911]I've no idea. Very difficult to fathom and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to.[/QUOTE]

It’s not knocking the lad at all. It’s an honest assessment and there are plenty of facts to back up that assessment - not playing at Telford, not having any impact here last year, and the few times I’ve seen him he’s looked out of his depth.

To some blinkered folk on here, anything other than pro player or pro club posts are seen as wrong and unjustified. The predictions thread is the same. God help anyone who thinks we may lose a game!!!

noisy1 8th September 2019 16.53:30

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290916]It’s not knocking the lad at all. It’s an honest assessment and there are plenty of facts to back up that assessment - not playing at Telford, not having any impact here last year, and the few times I’ve seen him he’s looked out of his depth.

To some blinkered folk on here, anything other than pro player or pro club posts are seen as wrong and unjustified. The predictions thread is the same. God help anyone who thinks we may lose a game!!![/QUOTE]

It's too much to expect these young lads to come in and instantly be the finished article. They are learning their trade and need time to learn from those around them and develop their game.
You are being very unfair to DT in my opinion as we have many professionals with years of experience who are just as capable of making mistakes.
For me Doug can hold his head up high as he has done well enough whenever he has stepped onto the pitch.

But your perfect aren't you,

NOT!

Percy Sugden 8th September 2019 17.31:29

[QUOTE=noisy1;2291032]It's too much to expect these young lads to come in and instantly be the finished article. They are learning their trade and need time to learn from those around them and develop their game.
You are being very unfair to DT in my opinion as we have many professionals with years of experience who are just as capable of making mistakes.
For me Doug can hold his head up high as he has done well enough whenever he has stepped onto the pitch.

But your perfect aren't you,

NOT![/QUOTE]

Not perfect no - I am close to that though.

Doug can hold his head high, I agree. When he’s come in he’s tried his best and done okay. That doesn’t mean he’s good enough. He’ll be in the LOW next year IMO.

pagl 8th September 2019 17.38:16

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2291049]Not perfect no - I am close to that though.

Doug can hold his head high, I agree. When he’s come in he’s tried his best and done okay. That doesn’t mean he’s good enough. He’ll be in the LOW next year IMO.[/QUOTE]

As with other COE players they dont progress IMO.
I would love to see a team with Sargent, Thorn, Tharme...... in a few years.
If you look at Evans and Smith though they didn’t improve.
Evans had a better chance than anyone being with Keates, Harris, Fowler etc. Who better to learn from.

Percy Sugden 8th September 2019 17.57:45

[QUOTE=pagl;2291055]As with other COE players they dont progress IMO.
I would love to see a team with Sargent, Thorn, Tharme...... in a few years.
If you look at Evans and Smith though they didn’t improve.
Evans had a better chance than anyone being with Keates, Harris, Fowler etc. Who better to learn from.[/QUOTE]

Exactly this. The only ones that do generally progress disappear off to clubs higher up the pyramid long before they get near the first team. Sadly our youth system will never be what it once was without major investment and league football.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.33:36.