RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Doug Tharme recalled (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114446-doug-tharme-recalled.html)

blackbrookred 6th September 2019 17.04:27

Doug Tharme recalled

As per titled, recalled from loan.

Red Light 6th September 2019 17.15:22

Re: Doug Tharme recalled

Well we are down to just Pearson & Chambers - albeit Lawlor is almost due back - that's if all three remain fit enough to play.

Not certain but unless things have changed I don't think Tharme was getting any game time (might be wrong) perhaps with his latest injury it's not worth him remaining at Telford - the other spin is we have the additional burden of tomorrow's cup competition to put a team out for.

WV1 6th September 2019 17.39:57

I’d give him a go.

Not much to lose given where we are

joe 6th September 2019 17.45:51

3-5-2 imminent in a last ditch attempt to save his job methinks.

Foxy 6th September 2019 17.52:02

He was back in training with us on Monday.

Percy Sugden 6th September 2019 18.05:52

When the club finally realise we can’t carry people who simply aren’t good enough, maybe we will move forward. Just remember, Doug couldn’t get in Telford’s team.

benwilliams 6th September 2019 18.23:13

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290395]When the club finally realise we can’t carry people who simply aren’t good enough, maybe we will move forward. Just remember, Doug couldn’t get in Telford’s team.[/QUOTE]

Maybe but he is a young lad and my understanding is he hasn't let us down on the limited occasions he has played

NottsRed 6th September 2019 18.25:35

[QUOTE=WV1;2290388]I’d give him a go.

Not much to lose given where we are[/QUOTE]

I thought he was injured??? If fit i wonder if he will be in the squad tomorrow or has someone picked up an injury in training (If we do any).

Pieman 6th September 2019 19.02:19

[QUOTE=Foxy;2290392]He was back in training with us on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Do we train these days?

sparky 6th September 2019 19.03:31

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290395]When the club finally realise we can’t carry people who simply aren’t good enough, maybe we will move forward. Just remember, Doug couldn’t get in Telford’s team.[/QUOTE]

How will we know if he is or isn't good enough if he isn't given some game time? The reference to Telford is horseshit, as well you know.

jacthelad 6th September 2019 19.06:30

Think chambers has been gash tbf. So if tharme is also gash then no extra harm done.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 6th September 2019 19.07:30

I rate Tharme quite a lot.

Swansea were after him a couple of years ago.

Percy Sugden 6th September 2019 19.12:43

[QUOTE=sparky;2290413]How will we know if he is or isn't good enough if he isn't given some game time? The reference to Telford is horseshit, as well you know.[/QUOTE]

Why?

Surely he would be playing for them if was even good enough for our bench. I’ve seen him play a few times and he looked all over the place. I appreciate he’s young, but it’s just a waste of a wage if he isn’t good enough!

dixienormous 6th September 2019 19.25:48

I didn't see him put a foot wrong when he played for us in the league last season.

thedischunter96 6th September 2019 19.34:43

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2290420]I didn't see him put a foot wrong when he played for us in the league last season.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. But don't think he is good enough....yet for the first team

Nibs 6th September 2019 19.39:43

Yes exactly. We are obsessed with the age of players! Who actually gives a FF.

I’d take a 40year old if he made our team better.

KingBuxton_Forever red 6th September 2019 19.51:01

[QUOTE=jacthelad;2290415]Think chambers has been gash tbf. So if tharme is also gash then no extra harm done.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

This. May as well give Tharme a go over Chambers who has been shite for me. Ropey on the ball and doesnt win enough.

Percy Sugden 6th September 2019 20.03:31

[QUOTE=Nibs;2290425]Yes exactly. We are obsessed with the age of players! Who actually gives a FF.

I’d take a 40year old if he made our team better.[/QUOTE]

We’ve kept so many players on in recent years who are simply nowhere near being good enough, simply because they are young and may eventually turn into a Welsh Prem player.

Maybe as a league team, it would be finically viable to keep a few youngsters on the off chance they improve enough to make an impact. At our level, everything should be thrown at the first team.

Red Light 6th September 2019 20.08:22

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2290420]I didn't see him put a foot wrong when he played for us in the league last season.[/QUOTE]

Agree - thought he would possibly have gone up a notch this season and potentially gained more match time - was quite surprised when the combination of Tharme being loaned out to Telford was quickly followed by the arrival of Chambers.

But what can we read into the thinking of Bryan Hughes in recalling him ? after all it's hardly been a month since he went out on loan.

I for one don't think Chambers has done much wrong partnering Pearson - although he made a couple of passes that went astray on Tuesday night during the second half - but he wasn't alone and have said it many times - when working the ball out from the defence we seem like a team of statues, nobody appears to want to take responsibility for receiving the ball, dropping deep from midfield and taking the ball and driving forward - end result is an over complicated attempt pass or a big hoof and hope up the field.

Looking forward to the team selection and formation for tomorrow's match.

sparky 6th September 2019 20.09:57

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290431]

Maybe as a league team, it would be finically viable to keep a few youngsters on the off chance they improve enough to make an impact. At our level, everything should be thrown at the first team.[/QUOTE]

That's been our business model since the WST took over, where has it got us?

Percy Sugden 6th September 2019 20.17:11

[QUOTE=sparky;2290434]That's been our business model since the WST took over, where has it got us?[/QUOTE]

Has it? Who paid for the go faster strips down the tunnel? And the new “dugouts”? Grey paint in the MRS? Why sign shite like Ainge and co when they are never going to be good enough? We’ve waste so much money on just shite.

sparky 6th September 2019 20.32:44

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290438]Has it? Who paid for the go faster strips down the tunnel? And the new “dugouts”? Grey paint in the MRS? Why sign shite like Ainge and co when they are never going to be good enough? We’ve waste so much money on just shite.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. So when a player like Tharme comes along I'd like to give them some slack that given the chance they might (and it's a long shot) become the next Craig Morgan, as opposed to Johnny Journeymen who never will and are doing feck all in the short term to boot.

Percy Sugden 6th September 2019 20.37:55

[QUOTE=sparky;2290440]Agreed. So when a player like Tharme comes along I'd like to give them some slack that given the chance they might (and it's a long shot) become the next Craig Morgan, as opposed to Johnny Journeymen who never will and are doing feck all in the short term to boot.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I’ve no doubt Doug is destined for the Welsh Prem.

sparky 6th September 2019 20.49:07

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290441]Not really. I’ve no doubt Doug is destined for the Welsh Prem.[/QUOTE]

OK. I won't bother engaging with you again. Night. X.

Red Light 6th September 2019 20.50:41

Had a look on the official AFC Telford United site.
The clubs match reports make interesting reading - they have played 9 games yet Doug Tharme (going by the team sheets for each fixture) has never started a game for them.
He appeared in the match day squad for only 3 games as an unused sub - the last listing / showing was back on 13 August in a fixture v Hereford.

So what can we deduct from the situation ?

AFC Telford management team simply do not fancy him and / or have what they consider better options ?

Or he has been injured for such a considerable duration that he simply was not fit enough to play.

Is unsettled and not fitting in as a possibility ?

Of interest making regular appearances on the Telford team sheet were the names of Ross White and Jonathan Royle.

So why is Tharme being recalled after such a very short time ? will he be loaned out straight away to an alternative club or does BH see an opportunity to give him game time with us where a club a league lower than is didn't.

Prodigal Dragon 7th September 2019 07.13:25

[QUOTE=Red Light;2290445]Had a look on the official AFC Telford United site.
The clubs match reports make interesting reading - they have played 9 games yet Doug Tharme (going by the team sheets for each fixture) has never started a game for them.
He appeared in the match day squad for only 3 games as an unused sub - the last listing / showing was back on 13 August in a fixture v Hereford.

AFC Telford management team simply do not fancy him and / or have what they consider better options ?

Or he has been injured for such a considerable duration that he simply was not fit enough to play.

Of interest making regular appearances on the Telford team sheet were the names of Ross White and Jonathan Royle.

So why is Tharme being recalled after such a very short time ? will he be loaned out straight away to an alternative club or does BH see an opportunity to give him game time with us where a club a league lower than is didn't.[/QUOTE]

Could a CB be departing soon? Someone claimed there would soon be an event that would rock the club to its foundations.

DT certainly needs to step-up and toughen-up if he is to make it with us, but too soon to write him off without seeing him in action.

Jaded 7th September 2019 08.11:55

So why is Tharme being recalled after such a very short time ? will he be loaned out straight away to an alternative club or does BH see an opportunity to give him game time with us where a club a league lower than is didn't.[/QUOTE]

Presumably he was sent out on loan to get game time, so if he’s not getting any it makes sense for him to be brought back.

OneLoveWrexham 7th September 2019 08.15:01

We can deduct they think he isn’t good enough, maybe he was homesick....

rexham 7th September 2019 09.02:46

He came on against Kiddy in their first home game - had about 30 mins and didn't stand out

Vorporix 7th September 2019 10.48:53

Hope he gets a good run.

Good enough for us in my view.

marathonplny 7th September 2019 11.03:52

He will play today
Don’t risk Pearson

Colonel D 7th September 2019 11.43:19

Is Lawlor able to play today or is it a suspension day ?

Chief 7th September 2019 11.44:47

[QUOTE=Pieman;2290412]Do we train these days?[/QUOTE]

No

Chief 7th September 2019 11.58:49

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290438]..........Why sign shite like Ainge and co when they are never going to be good enough? We’ve waste so much money on just shite.[/QUOTE]

And the reason we sign shite? Because we don't offer potential players enough money. As they say, 'pay peanuts and you get monkeys'. We have too many monkeys in the squad. This has been the same old story for years now. Managers budget restrictions. I appreciate that any business cannot run at a loss and this will be the case for years to come unless we can attract a wealthy investor, like other clubs have in order to get out of this league, and flourish in the leagues above.

I'll get my coat

Percy Sugden 7th September 2019 12.13:36

[QUOTE=Chief;2290534]And the reason we sign shite? Because we don't offer potential players enough money. As they say, 'pay peanuts and you get monkeys'. We have too many monkeys in the squad. This has been the same old story for years now. Managers budget restrictions. I appreciate that any business cannot run at a loss and this will be the case for years to come unless we can attract a wealthy investor, like other clubs have in order to get out of this league, and flourish in the leagues above.

I'll get my coat[/QUOTE]

My point is we signed Ainge, franks and deverdic’s in that window if I’m not mistaken. Those 3 wages combined would have got us somebody far more competent. The wage cap argument then resurfaces.

EnglishRed 7th September 2019 12.23:28

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290539]My point is we signed Ainge, franks and deverdic’s in that window if I’m not mistaken. Those 3 wages combined would have got us somebody far more competent. The wage cap argument then resurfaces.[/QUOTE]

How do we know those were cheap?

All three were flops and question marks should be on why they were brought in (neither Aignr nor Frank's were fit when we signed them either). But I don't think it follows that it is anything to do with a wage cap, which after all is pure conjecture isn't it? Has anything concrete ever been put forward about this?

I'm not as much of a happy clapper as I probably appear to be. But it annoys me when pure conjecture is put forward and then people run with it with no evidence.

Percy Sugden 7th September 2019 12.50:57

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2290544]How do we know those were cheap?

All three were flops and question marks should be on why they were brought in (neither Aignr nor Frank's were fit when we signed them either). But I don't think it follows that it is anything to do with a wage cap, which after all is pure conjecture isn't it? Has anything concrete ever been put forward about this?

I'm not as much of a happy clapper as I probably appear to be. But it annoys me when pure conjecture is put forward and then people run with it with no evidence.[/QUOTE]

Ainge was a ridiculous signing - very reminiscent of some of the odd signings this year (mcintosh, bobb, Barton, Chambers). Are we simply bringing players in on a whim? Has the likes of Macintosh even been watched?

If the January signing weren’t cheap, there would be more money to fetch a proper signing in!

benwilliams 7th September 2019 13.39:26

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290550]Ainge was a ridiculous signing - very reminiscent of some of the odd signings this year (mcintosh, bobb, Barton, Chambers). Are we simply bringing players in on a whim? Has the likes of Macintosh even been watched?

If the January signing weren’t cheap, there would be more money to fetch a proper signing in![/QUOTE]

Ainge had scored 26 goals the previous season so wasnt that strange albeit I agree he turned out to be terrible

benwilliams 7th September 2019 13.40:33

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2290544]How do we know those were cheap?

I'm not as much of a happy clapper as I probably appear to be. But it annoys me when pure conjecture is put forward and then people run with it with no evidence.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine we have a relatively healthy budget, not right at the top of the league but not far off. Its then how we have spent it that has continued to be highly questionable

Percy Sugden 7th September 2019 13.49:39

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2290578]Ainge had scored 26 goals the previous season so wasnt that strange albeit I agree he turned out to be terrible[/QUOTE]

In the league below!!! He couldn’t run for Christ sake. We’d of only needed to see him once to work that out.

The thing that made it worse was Keates persevered in bringing him off the bench in nearly every game.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.43:36.