Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th September 2019, 21.50:58   #73-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ayr Utd. (H) ratings

I didn’t want us to progress in this Trophy, so I stayed at home. I understand the theory that if we win, it could boost confidence, but overall it is a total waste of time. Now I see that we have another game! Aarrgghhh.
Old 7th September 2019, 21.56:06   #74-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

I didn't want us to win the game purely because IMO it is an unwanted extra competition that could seriously affect our league form as we all know we aren't the best at playing catch up.
However, I would never want us to throw a game intentionally.
It was fine to play a mix of fringe and youth today and in the end it was enough for a win.
Normally I would be happier bit in the current situation I can't help but feel this could have a negative impact on our league form.
Just my opinion. For all I know, we could win this, the trophy and get in the playoffs!
Old 7th September 2019, 22.01:33   #75-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydyp View Post
Is this from the same poster who moans about no reserve games or not giving youth a chance. Players played today who may never start another game for a full time club. Would you begrudge them that chance. 2 or 3 games in this competition won’t cost us promotion. An inept manager and recruitment team have already done that.

Read my reply to Wirral Red the live thread if he lightened up would realise it was in jest... Yes I do think we should have a reserve side and it's good that they're playing in this...

Reason I want out as explained earlier is further we go then more backlog of games we ain't exactly got a big squad and if we get a few injuries more suspension gamesmanship information hand mean a lost of catching up.

But the live thread Jeese anyone could see I would of thought it was indeed jest.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 7th September 2019, 22.51:08   #76-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I didn't want us to win the game purely because IMO it is an unwanted extra competition that could seriously affect our league form as we all know we aren't the best at playing catch up.
However, I would never want us to throw a game intentionally.
It was fine to play a mix of fringe and youth today and in the end it was enough for a win.
Normally I would be happier bit in the current situation I can't help but feel this could have a negative impact on our league form.
Just my opinion. For all I know, we could win this, the trophy and get in the playoffs!
Our league form is crap so how can winning a game with mostly fringe players be a bad thing.
Old 7th September 2019, 23.32:32   #77-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

There are some positives from today in addition to creating some problems.

Some of the important first choice players were rested - it's been a hectic start to the season, those that have played continually like Pearson will benefit as will others.

Fringe players got a good work out and much game time.

Youth players got a taste of what might be for the future - it should inspire them to greater things and they should all be ager for more - indeed there will be more if we keep on progressing. Might be a bit of Brian Flynn involved here in giving the youth an opportunity to show us what they have got - Cleworth and Bickerstaff did Ok for their first ever games.

Downside is futuristic fixture congestion and potential for injuries - Macintosh when replaced headed straight down the tunnel obviously injured and Redmond was hobbling badly as he left the pitch at the end.
Old 7th September 2019, 23.58:52   #78-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Not ratings as such but all in all a decent afternoons work.
Lots of fringe players and youngsters got an opportunity - hopefully they will see that if they work hard there will be opportunities for them in the future.

Formation was interesting and 'different'.

Szczpaniak made his debut in goal - had little to do in reality - a one armed save at his near post first half and tipped over a good effort in the closing stages - also saved a penalty - looked decent and his handling was sound - claimed a number of crosses.

Reverted to a 3 man defence with Lawlor at centre, Tharme to the left and Cleworth to the right - all did well marshalled by Lawlor who wasn't afraid of running direct out of defence with the ball.

Midfield consisted of Redmond, Tollitt and Barton with Rutherford on the left flank and Barnum Bobb on the right - up front was Mackintosh and Bickerstaff.

In summary I thought we should have been home and dry by the time they got their very late equaliser - we squandered a number of second half chances with poor finishing or the wrong option taken when it mattered.

Strangely I have to say Ayr were far the better footballing side - but everything that was thrown at us was defended well - they never looked like scoring until the closing stages where they could have got more than one goal. We defended very deep and seemed better and more threatening on the break.

Bickerstaff took his goal well.
Cleworth looked composed beyond his years.
Barton was solid and broke up play in a deep midfield role.
Redmond was for me very poor especially first half.
Lawlor had a good game.
Tollitt looked the most dangerous outlet and with his pace looked capable.

The downside - Mackintosh went off injured straight down the tunnel - Redmond was limping badly at the end of the game.

Szczpaniak and Lawlor were the penalty shoot out heroes.

Attendance was 1,697 with a healthy away support of 421 and no less than 11 big Ayr flags.

Mold Road stand is bloody freezing - let me back in the Tech End ASAP where the central heating is.

Somehow it was more fun than expected - winning a game with a penalty shoot out is special but as we know its dreadful to lose one.
Based on those attendance figures and the attitude of many on here, I'm sure Ayr supporters are entitled to call Wrexham a tinpot club!
Old 8th September 2019, 01.21:46   #79-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

If we don’t win next game I’d fire Hughes. We all know this story all so well.

I’d have got shot of him 2 games ago. Let him get back to his golf game.

Harsh, but this guy won’t get us promoted. This is a decent squad.
Old 8th September 2019, 02.27:45   #80-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
I would but I don't really need a criminal record for stalking.
Posted via mobile theme
Isn’t asking a question journalism?
Just asking.
Old 8th September 2019, 03.02:30   #81-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_1072 View Post
I remember a few years ago we played 2 games at the same time, welsh cup and league game, can’t we do the same for this assuming we’re not drawn at home?
I think you mean when we played airbus in Welsh cup at home and Brentford in fa cup away on the same day
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.31:57.