RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ayr Utd. (H) ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114459-ayr-utd-h-ratings.html)

Lods 7th September 2019 17.14:11

Ayr Utd. (H) ratings

For those who turned up, what did you think of the team? A couple of youngsters showed promise IMO.

Szczepaniak: 5 - Didn't have too much to do. Claimed the ball well but kicking left a lot to be desired. Saved a penalty.
Barnum-Bobb: 5 - Wasn't overly impressed with him, played a great through ball in the 2nd half but was average either side of that.
Cleworth: 6 - Liked him. Obviously has a long way to go but he didn't really put a foot wrong
Lawlor: 7 - Had a good game. If only we can have this Lawlor in the league.
Tharme: 6 - Was okay, coming back from a small injury. Would rather him playing in these games than bench warming at Telford.
Rutherford: 5 - Wasn't great, but was played out of position. Did work hard but was mostly ineffective.
Barton: 7 - Man of the match, especially 2nd half. Calm and composed in all he did. Hughes has to heavily consider him for Saturday, I think.
Redmond: 6 - Did okay, seems to have ups and downs, just need to get the ups happening a lot more often.
Bickerstaff: 6 - Looked decent, got himself a well-taken goal too. Possibly one to look for.
Tollitt: 6 - Not his best game in a Wrexham shirt but still had some good runs. He can excite the fans, just needs to work on his decision-making for me.
McIntosh: 5 - Might as well have not been there. Quickly becoming the new invisible man for me.

SUBS:
Williams: 5 - Just average, didn't really get into the game.
Jones: N/A - Not on long enough to give a fair rating
Beaumont: N/A - Same as above

Foxy 7th September 2019 17.18:43

Re: Ayr Utd. (H) ratings

They need to learn when to throw a game, especially when it’s very easy to do in a penalty shoot out.

brymboman 7th September 2019 17.24:34

Why do so many people on here want their own team to lose a match!

thedischunter96 7th September 2019 17.26:37

[QUOTE=brymboman;2290745]Why do so many people on here want their own team to lose a match![/QUOTE]

Probably because there's not much prize money for winning. Also now as we have won today, the Chesterfield home game will need to be re arranged. It is due to be shown on BT too.

NottsRed 7th September 2019 17.29:03

[QUOTE=brymboman;2290745]Why do so many people on here want their own team to lose a match![/QUOTE]

Agree this is valuable experience for fringe and young players. Id rather we had teams regardless of make up that want to go out and win every game.

What worries me speaking to a friend who went was how poor BB and Redmond where. If they are struggling at this level or can't be bothered thats a real concern.

Taff9172 7th September 2019 17.32:46

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2290747]Probably because there's not much prize money for winning. Also now as we have won today, the Chesterfield home game will need to be re arranged. It is due to be shown on BT too.[/QUOTE]

Surely the BT game will take president over this game bloody hope so

Vambo 7th September 2019 17.35:25

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2290747]Probably because there's not much prize money for winning. Also now as we have won today, the Chesterfield home game will need to be re arranged. It is due to be shown on BT too.[/QUOTE]

The fact that money is your primary answer demonstrates all that is wrong with the game

Red Kite 7th September 2019 17.36:04

[QUOTE=Lods;2290742]For those who turned up, what did you think of the team? A couple of youngsters showed promise IMO.

Szczepaniak: 5 - Didn't have too much to do. Claimed the ball well but kicking left a lot to be desired. Saved a penalty.
Barnum-Bobb: 5 - Wasn't overly impressed with him, played a great through ball in the 2nd half but was average either side of that.
Cleworth: 6 - Liked him. Obviously has a long way to go but he didn't really put a foot wrong
Lawlor: 7 - Had a good game. If only we can have this Lawlor in the league.
Tharme: 6 - Was okay, coming back from a small injury. Would rather him playing in these games than bench warming at Telford.
Rutherford: 5 - Wasn't great, but was played out of position. Did work hard but was mostly ineffective.
Barton: 7 - Man of the match, especially 2nd half. Calm and composed in all he did. Hughes has to heavily consider him for Saturday, I think.
Redmond: 6 - Did okay, seems to have ups and downs, just need to get the ups happening a lot more often.
Bickerstaff: 6 - Looked decent, got himself a well-taken goal too. Possibly one to look for.
Tollitt: 6 - Not his best game in a Wrexham shirt but still had some good runs. He can excite the fans, just needs to work on his decision-making for me.
McIntosh: 5 - Might as well have not been there. Quickly becoming the new invisible man for me.

SUBS:
Williams: 5 - Just average, didn't really get into the game.
Jones: N/A - Not on long enough to give a fair rating
Beaumont: N/A - Same as above[/QUOTE]

Good & fair assessment.

My man of the match is also Adam Barton .... had the ability to slow time down when he received/won the ball and also to pick a pass.

thedischunter96 7th September 2019 17.37:36

[QUOTE=Taff9172;2290749]Surely the BT game will take president over this game bloody hope so[/QUOTE]

Have to see what happens.....

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.39:34.