RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   We Haven’t Replaced Manny Smith (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114462-we-haven%92t-replaced-manny-smith.html)

benwilliams 8th September 2019 12.24:11

Re: We Haven’t Replaced Manny Smith

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2290940]I think we need an update as to where Manny is with his injury.

I remember a few years ago when Creights got injured and he decided to retire.[/QUOTE]

We seem to have fallen back into the pattern of no injury updates. I cant see why it would be so confidential to know what's happening with Manny, Lainton and Hooper.

eosceiriog 8th September 2019 12.29:22

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2290951]What do you propose a demonstration at the next game, form an anti trust supporters club, boycott home games??[/QUOTE]

More to the point what do you propose? Do nothing?

Regarding a boycott, that does not need organizing. Attendance will go down as results deteriorate.

The Trust do not need to step aside but adjust. If they do not adjust the alternative is no change or. more likely, another disaster which see an end of the WST and then almost certainly the club as well.

How many more seasons are the fans expected to give them to improve?

Co-opted board members are sought for all sorts of things. Why not co-opt a few people who are open minded to outside money? Note, open minded not dogmatic "privateers".

There does not have to be a giant leap in another direction when a step by step approach can be tried. Dipping toes in water etc. If it seems positive take the next step, if not re-trench and try something else but keep testing out alternatives not dismissing them out of hand,

What about approaching other parties instead of hunkering down in the bunkers? Oh no, can't do that. Someone might actually be interested. At present the Trust Board appear actually hostile to outside interest. This has to change.

Birdy 8th September 2019 12.35:47

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2290965]We seem to have fallen back into the pattern of no injury updates. I cant see why it would be so confidential to know what's happening with Manny, Lainton and Hooper.[/QUOTE]

Don't ask the question you won't get an answer! The fact that the club issued 2 contracts to players who had long term injuries at the time is even more evidence that the board are incompetent in their duties of running the football club. Pissing away budget on players whom won't play many or even no games this season you couldn't make it up:freak:

GarryOggy 8th September 2019 13.11:24

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2290965]We seem to have fallen back into the pattern of no injury updates. I cant see why it would be so confidential to know what's happening with Manny, Lainton and Hooper.[/QUOTE]

Listen to the Dragonheart podcast where Hughes says Hooper has a groin problem and will be out for a couple of weeks.

Bustas Nads 8th September 2019 13.26:47

[QUOTE=Birdy;2290971]Don't ask the question you won't get an answer! The fact that the club issued 2 contracts to players who had long term injuries at the time is even more evidence that the board are incompetent in their duties of running the football club. Pissing away budget on players whom won't play many or even no games this season you couldn't make it up:freak:[/QUOTE]

Because someone wrote this on red passion doesnt make it true!!

No idea with Manny and yes that needs clarity on what happened BUT

Rob Lainton was offered his deal at the end of the season along with the others on the retained list etc.....he got injured in the 1st session of the season....whilst an update on the injury would be nice lets not pretend its fact.

everyone was happy when a fit lainton signed the deal !

Percy Sugden 8th September 2019 13.32:16

Just simple updates on injuries are all that are required. It’s not hard.

The same with contracts. At what other club would you have you’re star centre back signing a contract without no mention of it in the press?

andy buckley 8th September 2019 13.38:40

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2290968]More to the point what do you propose? Do nothing?

The Trust do not need to step aside but adjust. If they do not adjust the alternative is no change or. more likely, another disaster which see an end of the WST and then almost certainly the club as well. [/QUOTE]

I propose to continue to watch Wrexham play football disaster permitting. BTW please define disaster does anything at Wrexham compare with for example the recent hurricane in the Bahamas?

thedischunter96 8th September 2019 14.31:06

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290983]Just simple updates on injuries are all that are required. It’s not hard.

The same with contracts. At what other club would you have you’re star centre back signing a contract without no mention of it in the press?[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. But we are now part time and updates on injury/contracts are very sparse.

eosceiriog 8th September 2019 17.15:27

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2290984]I propose to continue to watch Wrexham play football disaster permitting. BTW please define disaster does anything at Wrexham compare with for example the recent hurricane in the Bahamas?[/QUOTE

So will I but that is not the point. Many will not think that way. I leave it you to find an alternative word for the end consequences if they vote with their feet.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.07:21.