RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   We Haven’t Replaced Manny Smith (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114462-we-haven%92t-replaced-manny-smith.html)

sionwxm 7th September 2019 21.19:43

We Haven’t Replaced Manny Smith

He was a very good centre half for us. Lawlor has done well but I don’t think he’s half as good as a reliable Manny. We looked a class organised outfit when Manny Pearson Jennings and Roberts/Carrington were involved and massively exposed since.

Also, what’s wrong with Lainton??

Percy Sugden 7th September 2019 21.32:12

Re: We Haven’t Replaced Manny Smith

[QUOTE=sionwxm;2290848]He was a very good centre half for us. Lawlor has done well but I don’t think he’s half as good as a reliable Manny. We looked a class organised outfit when Manny Pearson Jennings and Roberts/Carrington were involved and massively exposed since.

[B]Also, what’s wrong with Lainton??[[/B]/QUOTE]

“Freak injury. He won’t be out for long”

Maybe the media team could ask a question that we actually want an answer too?

If not, the Leader or Daily Post could ask?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 7th September 2019 22.16:15

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290855][QUOTE=sionwxm;2290848]He was a very good centre half for us. Lawlor has done well but I don’t think he’s half as good as a reliable Manny. We looked a class organised outfit when Manny Pearson Jennings and Roberts/Carrington were involved and massively exposed since.

[B]Also, what’s wrong with Lainton??[[/B]/QUOTE]

“Freak injury. He won’t be out for long”

Maybe the media team could ask a question that we actually want an answer too?

If not, the Leader or Daily Post could ask?[/QUOTE]

We don't get told anymore, all seems to be part of the a*se covering in January. Where the football board didn't consult the WST board because of the GDPR apparently, even though the leak knew what was going on.

Poor.

louisleftboot 7th September 2019 23.06:53

Rmember manny smith hahah basically the ghost of Christmas past

Birdy 8th September 2019 00.41:47

Didn't think he had left. When did this happen?

pagl 8th September 2019 02.25:51

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2290874][QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290855]

We don't get told anymore, all seems to be part of the a*se covering in January. Where the football board didn't consult the WST board because of the GDPR apparently, even though the leak knew what was going on.

Poor.[/QUOTE]

GDPR. Bllx. What personal data was being disclosed?
RU wasn’t aware of the approach/appointment, the hush was blamed on a leak.
It’s just a cover up and lack of transparency. Like the injury situation all round.

Be nice to know JJ situation as well.

Answer Release 8th September 2019 08.09:35

Manny Smith is sadly, finished. He got a sympathy contract out of Spencer, hence the hush hush stance taken and keeping it a secret for so long.

Following his fantastic form last season, Lainton wasn’t staying until his injury problem and wouldn’t pass a medical elsewhere. Another sympathy contract dished out in the hope he recovers soon.

Our board really are astounding.

Percy Sugden 8th September 2019 08.44:47

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2290906]Manny Smith is sadly, finished. He got a sympathy contract out of Spencer, hence the hush hush stance taken and keeping it a secret for so long.

Following his fantastic form last season, Lainton wasn’t staying until his injury problem and wouldn’t pass a medical elsewhere. Another sympathy contract dished out in the hope he recovers soon.

Our board really are astounding.[/QUOTE]

Why doesn’t the question even get asked? The media team clearly only put out what they are told, but the local papers could ask about when certain players will be back.

Fans want to be involved and know what is going on in the club, especially on the playing side. Why should we turn up week in, week out and put up with a select few withholding simple information about the squad? Aren’t we all “part owners?”

the spirit of 76 8th September 2019 08.48:58

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290914]Why doesn’t the question even get asked? The media team clearly only put out what they are told, but the local papers could ask about when certain players will be back.

Fans want to be involved and know what is going on in the club, especially on the playing side. Why should we turn up week in, week out and put up with a select few withholding simple information about the squad? Aren’t we all “part owners?”[/QUOTE]

Only part owners when the begging bowls come out.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 8th September 2019 08.53:15

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290914]Why doesn’t the question even get asked? The media team clearly only put out what they are told, but the local papers could ask about when certain players will be back.

Fans want to be involved and know what is going on in the club, especially on the playing side. Why should we turn up week in, week out and put up with a select few withholding simple information about the squad? Aren’t we all “part owners?”[/QUOTE]

Ask questions like that and the club won't allow access, they'll pass it off as abuse or some other rubbish.

Like other regimes over the years they use propaganda to manipulate the masses. They'll go full Goebbles and film the equivalent of Kolberg, probably to do with 1978.

aussiejackoinsaudi 8th September 2019 08.57:38

Rumour is that Steve Wright is back at the club. Is this true or is it a rumour.

Red Light 8th September 2019 08.57:38

Presumably there is a system of insurance to protect players in the event of career ending injuries ? Perhaps they only kick in when contracts come to an end.

Manny was at the ground for our recent home game v SCFC with his family - I too doubt he will return but there is very rarely any information or update being put out anymore - same applies to Lainton and Hooper.

Ooh aah Paskin 8th September 2019 08.58:00

Thought fans were members, not owners?
And on topic, why would we replace Manny Smith? He's still here and contracted. We wouldn't give a player that's finished a contract would we?

dixienormous 8th September 2019 09.07:43

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2290919]Ask questions like that and the club won't allow access, they'll pass it off as abuse or some other rubbish.

Like other regimes over the years they use propaganda to manipulate the masses. They'll go full Goebbles and film the equivalent of Kolberg, probably to do with 1978.[/QUOTE]

Careful, I got banned for comparing the hardliners to Himler's SS.

Percy Sugden 8th September 2019 09.11:56

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2290922]Thought fans were members, not owners?
And on topic, why would we replace Manny Smith? He's still here and contracted. We wouldn't give a player that's finished a contract would we?[/QUOTE]

In my eyes we are members. The football board see themselves as owners and actively encourage the rest of us to think we’re owners - we’re not though.

As for Smith, only the chosen few know the full circumstances and whether he needs replacing.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 8th September 2019 09.14:38

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2290924]Careful, I got banned for comparing the hardliners to Himler's SS.[/QUOTE]

I knew I should've mentioned the Catholic church, Persians, Roundheads, Cavaliers or Trump.

Percy Sugden 8th September 2019 09.20:28

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2290919]Ask questions like that and the club won't allow access, they'll pass it off as abuse or some other rubbish.

Like other regimes over the years they use propaganda to manipulate the masses. They'll go full Goebbles and film the equivalent of Kolberg, probably to do with 1978.[/QUOTE]

Why? They’re questions that get answered by every other club in the land. It’s not sensitive information. The media team is the football boards spin machine and it’s getting more and more ridiculous. Knowledge is power!!!

Changes are needed. The football board along with a few happy clappers will be the only ones watching at the racecourse if it carries on.

Answer Release 8th September 2019 09.41:05

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2290922]Thought fans were members, not owners?
And on topic, why would we replace Manny Smith? He's still here and contracted. We wouldn't give a player that's finished a contract would we?[/QUOTE]

Manny Smith signed his extension long after he got injured. Complications with infections etc have been mentioned but I believe these to just be more spin. Whilst in an ideal world we would look after injured players, football rarely carries this level of sympathy these days, we should be no different. Our future should not be jeopardised by carrying injured players.

Manny Smith is about to turn 31 and by the time this season is through will have missed nearly two seasons. Sadly as he’s one of my favourite players over recent years, he’s finished, move on.

pagl 8th September 2019 09.44:59

[QUOTE=aussiejackoinsaudi;2290920]Rumour is that Steve Wright is back at the club. Is this true or is it a rumour.[/QUOTE]

Probably make a good assistant and BF can go and put his slippers on.

Corner Flag 8th September 2019 09.46:02

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290928]Why? They’re questions that get answered by every other club in the land. It’s not sensitive information. The media team is the football boards spin machine and it’s getting more and more ridiculous. Knowledge is power!!!

Changes are needed. The football board along with a few happy clappers will be the only ones watching at the racecourse if it carries on.[/QUOTE]

I stopped giving the club anything extra this season as my protest regarding last January tall story telling by Harris and Co . We are being fed bull to keep us quiet , I wonder what would happen if I asked for my share cash back in protest ?

wxmultra 8th September 2019 10.40:20

At last people are beginning to see the real picture, the biggest problem is trying to make the so called "happy clappers" and Spencer's merry band of followers take off there rose tinted specs.

In some people's eyes even after the January debacle, the unambitious Hughes appointment and the contracts for injured players farce, Mr Harris and his football/Trust boards can do no wrong.

It's time to show the club we're not happy with the current on field situation nor the men that make the crucial decisions.

thedischunter96 8th September 2019 10.46:24

I think we need an update as to where Manny is with his injury.

I remember a few years ago when Creights got injured and he decided to retire.

sparky 8th September 2019 11.01:19

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2290940]I think we need an update as to where Manny is with his injury.

[/QUOTE]

Like the one we got when he signed (allegedly)a new contract.

andy buckley 8th September 2019 11.03:08

[QUOTE=wxmultra;2290936]

It's time to show the club we're not happy with the current on field situation nor the men that make the crucial decisions.[/QUOTE]

What do you propose a demonstration at the next game, form an anti trust supporters club, boycott home games??

pagl 8th September 2019 11.06:57

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2290931]I stopped giving the club anything extra this season as my protest regarding last January tall story telling by Harris and Co . We are being fed bull to keep us quiet , I wonder what would happen if I asked for my share cash back in protest ?[/QUOTE]

What share cash? Community shares?
I think you can only have a %age in 1 year.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 8th September 2019 11.12:00

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290928]Why? They’re questions that get answered by every other club in the land. It’s not sensitive information. The media team is the football boards spin machine and it’s getting more and more ridiculous. Knowledge is power!!!

Changes are needed. The football board along with a few happy clappers will be the only ones watching at the racecourse if it carries on.[/QUOTE]

No idea, a journalist asks some questions about the Bangor City friendly and gets banned from SO78.

Enough said really.

eosceiriog 8th September 2019 12.09:55

Put ownership or membership on one side. Just ask the simple question. A Trust selling point has always been transparency. Are the fans given more or less information about injuries and players contracts under the current ownership than under any previous owners?

There is an increasing lack of confidence in the way the club is being run.

The first step in regaining confidence is for the WST to shape up in a number of areas.

If they do not then things will at BEST remain as they are.

benwilliams 8th September 2019 12.24:11

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2290940]I think we need an update as to where Manny is with his injury.

I remember a few years ago when Creights got injured and he decided to retire.[/QUOTE]

We seem to have fallen back into the pattern of no injury updates. I cant see why it would be so confidential to know what's happening with Manny, Lainton and Hooper.

eosceiriog 8th September 2019 12.29:22

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2290951]What do you propose a demonstration at the next game, form an anti trust supporters club, boycott home games??[/QUOTE]

More to the point what do you propose? Do nothing?

Regarding a boycott, that does not need organizing. Attendance will go down as results deteriorate.

The Trust do not need to step aside but adjust. If they do not adjust the alternative is no change or. more likely, another disaster which see an end of the WST and then almost certainly the club as well.

How many more seasons are the fans expected to give them to improve?

Co-opted board members are sought for all sorts of things. Why not co-opt a few people who are open minded to outside money? Note, open minded not dogmatic "privateers".

There does not have to be a giant leap in another direction when a step by step approach can be tried. Dipping toes in water etc. If it seems positive take the next step, if not re-trench and try something else but keep testing out alternatives not dismissing them out of hand,

What about approaching other parties instead of hunkering down in the bunkers? Oh no, can't do that. Someone might actually be interested. At present the Trust Board appear actually hostile to outside interest. This has to change.

Birdy 8th September 2019 12.35:47

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2290965]We seem to have fallen back into the pattern of no injury updates. I cant see why it would be so confidential to know what's happening with Manny, Lainton and Hooper.[/QUOTE]

Don't ask the question you won't get an answer! The fact that the club issued 2 contracts to players who had long term injuries at the time is even more evidence that the board are incompetent in their duties of running the football club. Pissing away budget on players whom won't play many or even no games this season you couldn't make it up:freak:

GarryOggy 8th September 2019 13.11:24

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2290965]We seem to have fallen back into the pattern of no injury updates. I cant see why it would be so confidential to know what's happening with Manny, Lainton and Hooper.[/QUOTE]

Listen to the Dragonheart podcast where Hughes says Hooper has a groin problem and will be out for a couple of weeks.

Bustas Nads 8th September 2019 13.26:47

[QUOTE=Birdy;2290971]Don't ask the question you won't get an answer! The fact that the club issued 2 contracts to players who had long term injuries at the time is even more evidence that the board are incompetent in their duties of running the football club. Pissing away budget on players whom won't play many or even no games this season you couldn't make it up:freak:[/QUOTE]

Because someone wrote this on red passion doesnt make it true!!

No idea with Manny and yes that needs clarity on what happened BUT

Rob Lainton was offered his deal at the end of the season along with the others on the retained list etc.....he got injured in the 1st session of the season....whilst an update on the injury would be nice lets not pretend its fact.

everyone was happy when a fit lainton signed the deal !

Percy Sugden 8th September 2019 13.32:16

Just simple updates on injuries are all that are required. It’s not hard.

The same with contracts. At what other club would you have you’re star centre back signing a contract without no mention of it in the press?

andy buckley 8th September 2019 13.38:40

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2290968]More to the point what do you propose? Do nothing?

The Trust do not need to step aside but adjust. If they do not adjust the alternative is no change or. more likely, another disaster which see an end of the WST and then almost certainly the club as well. [/QUOTE]

I propose to continue to watch Wrexham play football disaster permitting. BTW please define disaster does anything at Wrexham compare with for example the recent hurricane in the Bahamas?

thedischunter96 8th September 2019 14.31:06

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2290983]Just simple updates on injuries are all that are required. It’s not hard.

The same with contracts. At what other club would you have you’re star centre back signing a contract without no mention of it in the press?[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. But we are now part time and updates on injury/contracts are very sparse.

eosceiriog 8th September 2019 17.15:27

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2290984]I propose to continue to watch Wrexham play football disaster permitting. BTW please define disaster does anything at Wrexham compare with for example the recent hurricane in the Bahamas?[/QUOTE

So will I but that is not the point. Many will not think that way. I leave it you to find an alternative word for the end consequences if they vote with their feet.

Corner Flag 8th September 2019 17.27:43

[QUOTE=pagl;2290953]What share cash? Community shares?
I think you can only have a %age in 1 year.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about you but I bought a number of shares at £250 each and have a certificate to prove it .

pagl 8th September 2019 17.32:53

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2291045]Don't know about you but I bought a number of shares at £250 each and have a certificate to prove it .[/QUOTE]

They must be community shares.

mattw 8th September 2019 18.16:15

[QUOTE=pagl;2291051]They must be community shares.[/QUOTE]

Can we still buy these? I want some

blackbrookred 8th September 2019 18.33:56

Hooper was 2-4 weeks from injury so possibly another couple weeks. Lainton should start training on grass after the Sutton game. Manny more long term.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.45:14.