Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th September 2019, 17.07:30   #100-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Default Re: Laighton

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
You were one of the few who spoke up about MN, that is correct and you have been proven bang on in this instance. All I was saying is surely we had to back Barrow at the time, surely? Neither of us REALLY knew MN or what he was about.

So to confirm re N'Tame,are you saying he was signed behind Morrell's back? Or Morrell had blown his budget on other players who weren't up to it? Or are you saying the board had a bottomless pit of money they should have delved into? I dont think you can point to his signing as an example of the board not backing the manager. Morrell appeared hopeless in the transfer market, I would suggest that has more to do with it.

Re Ricketts, again you seem to know more than me. The version I was aware of, is he was working with someone already at Shrewsbury to try and wangle a move. They knew an awful lot of detail about his contract for example. If he wanted to go to Shrewsbury, in my opinion, he has to go. Even more so if he has been working towards the move himself.

You cant say I am not critical of the current regime or that they have been flawless before. I have often said they appear to be trying the right things for the right reasons, but its just not working and they need somebody with a football background to assist. The Barrow situation was a mess, and probably cost us promotion. As I have said before though, Barrow for me deserves a lot of criticism for it also.
Morrell had an impossible task. He was trying to replace good players with cheaper alternatives when our “playing budget” was slashed. At no moment did anyone’s expectation drop. It’s no coincidence that we haven’t seen a team as good as the one that was built by Saunders, and then managed by Morrell since.

Even before the Barrow situation, there have been strange appointments. Gary Mills the assistant? Sacked as a player from a previous club! Andy Davies? Another stupid appointment that cost us.

Jonesy’s bar - a spectacular Wrexham media campaign for a slab of concrete and a stainless steal shelf. They couldn’t even be arsed to put some proper lighting under there. Another miserable effort by all involved.

I could go on and on about the mistakes made. It really pisses me off.
Old 9th September 2019, 17.40:19   #101-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricey View Post
So, how's Rob lainton getting on?
I heard at the County game from someone who works at the club he would be out for three months. So back mid November if there is no other issues. Same person also told me Manny will not be back and that his career is over, the infection he has suffered has wasted all the muscles in his knee

Last edited by NottsRed; 9th September 2019 at 17.41:28..
Old 9th September 2019, 17.46:58   #102-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
I heard at the County game from someone who works at the club he would be out for three months. So back mid November if there is no other issues. Same person also told me Manny will not be back and that his career is over, the infection he has suffered has wasted all the muscles in his knee
Nah mate. He’s training on grass next week!
Old 9th September 2019, 19.02:15   #103-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
Nah mate. He’s training on grass next week!
That's what the board have been told.
Old 9th September 2019, 19.23:46   #104-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
That's what the board have been told.
Let’s hope whoever has leaked this to the bored is right. If he’s out much longer we’ll have get someone in on loan.
Old 9th September 2019, 19.52:35   #105-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintshirefan View Post
Anyway back to the subject ... lainton any news on injury ?
how dare you try to get back on topic . Surely you must realise that other agendas take precedence - it's not as if the same old shite hasn't been trotted out on every other bloody thread for the past God knows how long
Old 9th September 2019, 21.09:31   #106-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
Let’s hope whoever has leaked this to the bored is right. If he’s out much longer we’ll have get someone in on loan.
It's no leak. I simply asked Spencer Harris on Twitter.
Old 9th September 2019, 21.18:32   #107-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
It's no leak. I simply asked Spencer Harris on Twitter.
I asked him a few weeks ago how much time Flynn spends at the club and didnt get an answer. He is too busy tweeting about Amber Rudd
Old 10th September 2019, 09.34:38   #108-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

I had heard the 3 month rumour about Lainton too. hope its just that, a rumour.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.32:18.