RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Laighton (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114465-laighton.html)

willyheckerslike 8th September 2019 19.16:29

Re: Laighton

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2291034]Get John Coleman in[/QUOTE]

That would be some early Christmas present! He would sort this lot out for sure and would get us out of this bloody league, but whilst we have Dick and Dom in the boardroom there is no chance that we could even dream of getting John Coleman here....they wouldn't know how to handle his direct no nonsense approach and would not risk losing their lofty positions by appointing him in the first place....we are in a vicious circle which if we don't manage to get rid of soon, will eventually consign us to non league football for good.

jacthelad 8th September 2019 19.26:23

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2291073]That would be some early Christmas present! He would sort this lot out for sure and would get us out of this bloody league, but whilst we have Dick and Dom in the boardroom there is no chance that we could even dream of getting John Coleman here....they wouldn't know how to handle his direct no nonsense approach and would not risk losing their lofty positions by appointing him in the first place....we are in a vicious circle which if we don't manage to get rid of soon, will eventually consign us to non league football for good.[/QUOTE]

What if we all chip in a few quid and get him on darlingtons course. He'll be qualified enough for us then
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

wrexham forever 8th September 2019 19.30:05

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2291073]That would be some early Christmas present! He would sort this lot out for sure and would get us out of this bloody league, but whilst we have Dick and Dom in the boardroom there is no chance that we could even dream of getting John Coleman here....they wouldn't know how to handle his direct no nonsense approach and would not risk losing their lofty positions by appointing him in the first place....we are in a vicious circle which if we don't manage to get rid of soon, will eventually consign us to non league football for good.[/QUOTE]

Have I missed something - At the last count John Coleman was manager of Accrington Stanley in League Division one working for a sensible chairman. WHY would he join us or any other non league team?

dixienormous 8th September 2019 19.31:54

Coleman is fed up at Accrington by all accounts, he's said a few times how shocking the crowds are over there. I'm sure he'd love it here, but the way the club is run at the moment, we wouldn't pay what's required and he's no yes man, so he wouldn't get an interview. The club is broken, well, only if you care about the football.

TomWFC 8th September 2019 19.32:50

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2291075]Have I missed something - At the last count John Coleman was manager of Accrington Stanley in League Division one working for a sensible chairman. WHY would he join us or any other non league team?[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right.
It is all wishful thinking - no chance at all he'd come here.

dixienormous 8th September 2019 19.34:23

I think he'd honestly consider it, and he's a scouser. Mellon went to Tranmere didn't he? Maybe it is wishful thinking, but he's the perfect bloke for me.

Colonel D 8th September 2019 19.48:57

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2291079]I think he'd honestly consider it, and he's a scouser. Mellon went to Tranmere didn't he? Maybe it is wishful thinking, but he's the perfect bloke for me.[/QUOTE]

More likely to get Challinor from Fylde .

OneLoveWrexham 8th September 2019 19.53:23

Coleman would require paying so that’s the end of that

redone 8th September 2019 20.00:14

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2291081]More likely to get Challinor from Fylde .[/QUOTE]

more likely get Wayne Phillips from bbc wales

andy buckley 8th September 2019 21.07:33

[QUOTE=redone;2291086]more likely get Wayne Phillips from bbc wales[/QUOTE]

Welsh speaker so would please certain people and has management experience

willyheckerslike 8th September 2019 21.25:24

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2291079]I think he'd honestly consider it, and he's a scouser. Mellon went to Tranmere didn't he? Maybe it is wishful thinking, but he's the perfect bloke for me.[/QUOTE]

Mates with Gary Bennett apparently....not sure how much Benno does with the current management though?

rob_1072 8th September 2019 21.50:52

[QUOTE=short_gog;2291048]I think results WILL improve, we have a much better squad than recent years, BH has done better than recent managers in the transfer market, but we've been unlucky with red cards and injury this season, something we haven't really had over the last few seasons at this stage.

Most (if not all) were shouting for "more entertainment" last season, we're getting that, just not the results, I am confident they will come, if not Hughes will be gone by Christmas.

As for the board, we need new fresh blood to help out on the football side, maybe somebody impartial outside the normal sphere of influence[/QUOTE]
We have not been unlucky it’s down to poor play, simple as that.

Being gone by Christmas is too late, need to act now to save the season.

Percy Sugden 8th September 2019 21.52:49

[QUOTE=short_gog;2291048]I think results WILL improve, we have a much better squad than recent years, BH has done better than recent managers in the transfer market, but we've been unlucky with red cards and injury this season, something we haven't really had over the last few seasons at this stage.

Most (if not all) were shouting for "more entertainment" last season, we're getting that, just not the results, I am confident they will come, if not Hughes will be gone by Christmas.

As for the board, we need new fresh blood to help out on the football side, maybe somebody impartial outside the normal sphere of influence[/QUOTE]

Who has improved the squad?

Red Light 8th September 2019 22.05:49

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2291075]Have I missed something - At the last count John Coleman was manager of Accrington Stanley in League Division one working for a sensible chairman. WHY would he join us or any other non league team?[/QUOTE]

This - the most sensible post I have read all weekend.

Wasn't it the Everly Brothers who had a hit record called 'Dream'.

We would be better served sending a club delegation to Accrington and examining how a tiny club with a ramshackle ground and a small fanbase have overtaken us in the league pyramid. That would be the nearest we would get to benefiting from anything from Accrington.

joe 8th September 2019 22.09:29

John Coleman hahahahaha. Get real. We probably could have got him 4-5 years ago though.

fezbob 8th September 2019 22.13:21

Can someone correct the title? It's just offensive tbh.

borntobered 8th September 2019 22.48:03

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2291077]Coleman is fed up at Accrington by all accounts, he's said a few times how shocking the crowds are over there. I'm sure he'd love it here, but the way the club is run at the moment, we wouldn't pay what's required and he's no yes man, so he wouldn't get an interview. The club is broken, well, only if you care about the football.[/QUOTE]
Lol

John Neals Dynasty 8th September 2019 23.15:14

[QUOTE=Haruki;2291031]Or we could keep the supporters owned model but replace them with a board more capable of making football decisions and with a tad more humility?[/QUOTE]

Even the Peaky Blinders would have a job clearing the deadwood at the top table.

John Neals Dynasty 8th September 2019 23.17:00

[QUOTE=Halkynred;2291040]We need to get closer to the Swansea model, think
they have a 50/50 partnership with outside US investment.

Credit to our current board dragging us out of the post Moss dark days but they clearly can’t take the club any further, last seasons mess appointing Borrow was clear to see that they’d lost the plot.

Any manager we’ve had and have in future isn’t really answerable to a full director as such, the part time stuff by Harris & Co is really honourable of them
but good management starts at the very top of the tree.

Been said many times that there’s something wrong at the core of the club, in my humble opinion it’s management and direction of the club/team.
Change is needed if we are to prosper.[/QUOTE]

^^^
This

Lets Av A Riot 8th September 2019 23.37:20

more rumors from the pub :(

Nibs 9th September 2019 00.56:40

It’s clear what needs to happen. If a manager at any club loses the players, the manager goes no matter who he is....Brian Hughes is not a good manager end of. Now F OFF.

OneLoveWrexham 9th September 2019 04.42:20

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2291125]more rumors from the pub :([/QUOTE]
So they’re not true then?

Maccie 9th September 2019 06.36:46

[QUOTE=Red Light;2291113]This - the most sensible post I have read all weekend.

Wasn't it the Everly Brothers who had a hit record called 'Dream'.

We would be better served sending a club delegation to Accrington and examining how a tiny club with a ramshackle ground and a small fanbase have overtaken us in the league pyramid. That would be the nearest we would get to benefiting from anything from Accrington.[/QUOTE]

Having a fantastic owner, who invests prudently, will not risk the club by overspending, has an amazing rapport with the fans (mostly cus he is one) and works his arse off leading from the front. Probably explains it! They basically have a much better ownership model than us (and many others)!!

Rhosddu Red 9th September 2019 07.54:17

We should look at a fan owned club instead such as Wimbledon or Exeter.

woblob04 9th September 2019 08.14:39

We are a shambles. If I could see the logic behind any of the decisions made from a management perspective, I think it would be easier to take.

We have a windfall from Danny ward, the like if which we are never likely to see again. Since that happened, Ricketts jumped ship, Barrow, Newell and now Hughes (with Flynn) who it seems we will be paying off again in the near future.

So a chunk of that has been squandered and what have we got to show for it? A squad in disarray, crowds dwindling, poor discipline, apathetic support that is so used to this type of thing its no longer funny.

This is why we are a laughing stock, even if this current patch was miraculously turned around and Hughes pulled a Fergie. The current board do not inspire any confidence whatsoever and they will inevitably mess it up if its going too well.

It's clear from decisions made, they have no idea how to manage a successful competitive club. The right intentions and effort but amateur in terms of skills and know how needed for us to progress. As long as we are run like this, we won't be getting out of this league.

thedischunter96 9th September 2019 08.23:10

[QUOTE=woblob04;2291145]We are a shambles. If I could see the logic behind any of the decisions made from a management perspective, I think it would be easier to take.

We have a windfall from Danny ward, the like if which we are never likely to see again. Since that happened, Ricketts jumped ship, Barrow, Newell and now Hughes (with Flynn) who it seems we will be paying off again in the near future.

So a chunk of that has been squandered and what have we got to show for it? A squad in disarray, crowds dwindling, poor discipline, apathetic support that is so used to this type of thing its no longer funny.

This is why we are a laughing stock, even if this current patch was miraculously turned around and Hughes pulled a Fergie. The current board do not inspire any confidence whatsoever and they will inevitably mess it up if its going too well.

It's clear from decisions made, they have no idea how to manage a successful competitive club. The right intentions and effort but amateur in terms of skills and know how needed for us to progress. As long as we are run like this, we won't be getting out of this league.[/QUOTE]

Agree, but there will be some who will say "at least we still have a club"

Phils-an-alki 9th September 2019 08.29:21

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2291146]Agree, but there will be some who will say "at least we still have a club"[/QUOTE]

"There's no one else to run the club"

Funny_Old_Game 9th September 2019 08.44:51

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291147]"There's no one else to run the club"[/QUOTE]

Never forget Bury.

woblob04 9th September 2019 08.45:26

There were arguements for Barrow when appointed, the hurt of Ricketts doing well and jumping ship so soon after keates had done the same thing. Barrow seemed like a good way to keep consistency, well liked around the place. I can see why they give it him. Didn't work out in hindsight but, that's why it's a wonderful thing.

Newell... well you can't defend this one.

We have Hughes a 3 year contract on what grounds? Niceness? Ex player? Excellent interview? He pulled one out of the bag here. We only gave keates 18 months at first, Barrow was two and ricketts the same I think. Why three years? It's a massive risk especially if it goes like it is at present.

Never really criticised the board before but they would be let go in any other job. The structure at the club means they're bombproof and if they have the best intentions they should be looking around for options to improve, whether it be the Swansea model or something else. But if the balls ups were this colossal as they have been and you were a fan, you would hold your hands up and let someone else take the reins.

Phils-an-alki 9th September 2019 08.50:10

[QUOTE=woblob04;2291149]

[/QUOTE]

They did though, on here, defended that epic brain fart to the hilt. It didn't take much adding up to realise that was a disastrous appointment.

thedischunter96 9th September 2019 08.51:17

[QUOTE=woblob04;2291149]There were arguements for Barrow when appointed, the hurt of Ricketts doing well and jumping ship so soon after keates had done the same thing. Barrow seemed like a good way to keep consistency, well liked around the place. I can see why they give it him. Didn't work out in hindsight but, that's why it's a wonderful thing.

We have Hughes a 3 year contract on what grounds? Niceness? Ex player? Excellent interview? He pulled one out of the bag here. We only gave keates 18 months at first, Barrow was two and ricketts the same I think. Why three years? It's a massive risk especially if it goes like it is at present.

Never really criticised the board before but they would be let go in any other job. The structure at the club means they're bombproof and if they have the best intentions they should be looking around for options to improve, whether it be the Swansea model or something else. But if the balls ups were this colossal as they have been and you were a fan, you would hold your hands up and let someone else take the reins.[/QUOTE]

If it was me, I'd be looking at doing a rolling contract where performance is reviewed every month. Based on results, it could be identified whether to keep paying the manager. Not sure if these 3 year deals have got any clauses which allows the manager (whether he is sacked or moves clubs) allows to claim the remaining money from the contract from the club.

woblob04 9th September 2019 08.55:33

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291151]They did though, on here, defended that epic brain fart to the hilt. It didn't take much adding up to realise that was a disastrous appointment.[/QUOTE]

People believe, its the reason people turn up week after week. When they stop believing that's when we have problems.

No one wants to admit we sitting here stranded but we're all doing our best to deny it.

woblob04 9th September 2019 08.58:58

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2291152]If it was me, I'd be looking at doing a rolling contract where performance is reviewed every month. Based on results, it could be identified whether to keep paying the manager. Not sure if these 3 year deals have got any clauses which allows the manager (whether he is sacked or moves clubs) allows to claim the remaining money from the contract from the club.[/QUOTE]

Something like that but, you can have a, bad month or two and still get promoted. Salford had a stinker last year around January.

I'd just say two years max for anyone, reviewed yearly with incentives for achieving play offs. Anything less than play offs is failure.

thedischunter96 9th September 2019 09.04:30

[QUOTE=woblob04;2291157]Something like that but, you can have a, bad month or two and still get promoted. Salford had a stinker last year around January.

I'd just say two years max for anyone, reviewed yearly with incentives for achieving play offs. Anything less than play offs is failure.[/QUOTE]

I agree but look at Boreham Wood for example, they made the play offs in 17/18 and finished 20th last season. Yet Luke Garrard is still manager.

I think for a club like us play offs should be the minimum. But, we have been in this league since 08 and still stuck here.

redone 9th September 2019 09.06:05

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2291152]If it was me, I'd be looking at doing a rolling contract where performance is reviewed every month. Based on results, it could be identified whether to keep paying the manager. Not sure if these 3 year deals have got any clauses which allows the manager (whether he is sacked or moves clubs) allows to claim the remaining money from the contract from the club.[/QUOTE]

you cannot go giving 3.5yr deals to someone who has never done the job before(scarboro come on),we are arguably the biggest team in the whole national pyramid 12yrs,would you let a person fly a jumbo jet after havin a few lessons in a simulator, the board have got this one so wrong, the JAN18 was unbelievable and this is on the same level, lessons are not learned time time time again, i think the patience has gone now after 12yrs

Phils-an-alki 9th September 2019 09.08:17

We have tried every type of manager now. Rookies, experienced, ex players, player managers, promoting assistants, managers who did really well at smaller teams (Wilkin), dick heads (Saunders) and nothing has worked.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that the problem isn't the managers we appoint, its the people who appoint them and the support or lack of it for them. If multiple people fail in the same job over and over again, back to back then that screams that something else out of their control is wrong.

thedischunter96 9th September 2019 09.11:19

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291162]We have tried every type of manager now. Rookies, experienced, ex players, player managers, promoting assistants, managers who did really well at smaller teams (Wilkin), dick heads (Saunders) and nothing has worked.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that the problem isn't the managers we appoint, its the people who appoint them and the support or lack of it for them. If multiple people fail in the same job over and over again, back to back then that screams that something else out of their control is wrong.[/QUOTE]

It tells me that there is no leadership or guidance for them. If they fall there is no one there to catch them.

woblob04 9th September 2019 09.25:10

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291162]We have tried every type of manager now. Rookies, experienced, ex players, player managers, promoting assistants, managers who did really well at smaller teams (Wilkin), dick heads (Saunders) and nothing has worked.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that the problem isn't the managers we appoint, its the people who appoint them and the support or lack of it for them. If multiple people fail in the same job over and over again, back to back then that screams that something else out of their control is wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm blaming them sh*t heads up the road, they've got a voodoo on us.

There's not a type like that, experienced or inexperienced, it's the individual and if they are right for it and driven, and can handle the pressure with a meagre budget and high expectation. It's a hard to get the right one and keeping them here if they are half decent.

All signs point to the reappointment of Dean keates shakey defence, relegation looking a possibility, fans up in arms. I can see it, he ticks all the boxes for the board. Ex player now experienced, short stint at another club that was disastrous, likely to tread water in mid table. They'll cream themselves if he comes back here "all is forgiven Dean" you know it's going to happen

dagg 9th September 2019 09.27:04

Well is Rob Lainton fit to play or not.

KingBuxton_Forever red 9th September 2019 09.42:10

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291151]They did though, on here, defended that epic brain fart to the hilt. It didn't take much adding up to realise that was a disastrous appointment.[/QUOTE]

I actually think the Newell one is defendable. The manager at the time wanted him and the board backed him.

Appointing Barrow was the problem in hindsight.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.31:16.