RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Laighton (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114465-laighton.html)

EnglishRed 11th September 2019 17.30:57

Re: Laighton

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2291769]Good update, hope all are back sooner rather than later but dknt want to rush them and risk further injury.

We have had as much bad luck as bad play this season in my view.

Hopefully we get to see Manny back at some point, encouraging it isnt being talked about officially as a career ending injury albeit that may of course still be the fear privately.[/QUOTE]

Don't say the L word. It triggers certain people.

Percy Sugden 11th September 2019 17.43:36

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2291782]Don't say the L word. It triggers certain people.[/QUOTE]

Clearly somebody from the club has looked on RP and seen the comments to release this little “injury update interview”.

I reckon we will see Lainton mid October at the earliest.

EnglishRed 11th September 2019 18.20:09

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2291785]Clearly somebody from the club has looked on RP and seen the comments to release this little “injury update interview”.

I reckon we will see Lainton mid October at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

They probably have. I'm sure they check social media, they certainly should be doing that. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be asking what's happening with injured players either. Some information may need to be managed but in general I think fans should be updated with that sort of thing.

I hope you are wrong about Lainton! We knew he had issues with injuries and I suppose we were lucky last season. Same with Smith.

Percy Sugden 11th September 2019 18.52:36

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2291791]They probably have. I'm sure they check social media, they certainly should be doing that. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be asking what's happening with injured players either. Some information may need to be managed but in general I think fans should be updated with that sort of thing.

I hope you are wrong about Lainton! We knew he had issues with injuries and I suppose we were lucky last season. Same with Smith.[/QUOTE]

If Lainton is out for a further sustained period then surely we are looking at the loan market to fetch somebody in?

Manny Smith has always been one of our top players when in the team. Lawlor isn’t at the same level and Chambers is even further behind. Even Pearson with all his leadership qualities, doesn’t possess the same footballing ability as Smith.

I think the defence has looked shaky this season with a goalkeeper they lack confidence in behind them, and without the deep lying midfielder in-front. We’ve looked more likely to score at the other end, but the midfield has often been left exposed on the counter.

Tactically we’ve not got it right and recruitment on the whole has been poor. Yes, we have signed Hooper who has scored goals elsewhere at this level but Macintosh, Barton, Bobb, Chambers, Redmond have all shown very little. Rutherford was retained who again is a fill in player at best.

NottsRed 11th September 2019 19.34:50

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2291802]If Lainton is out for a further sustained period then surely we are looking at the loan market to fetch somebody in?

Manny Smith has always been one of our top players when in the team. Lawlor isn’t at the same level and Chambers is even further behind. Even Pearson with all his leadership qualities, doesn’t possess the same footballing ability as Smith.

I think the defence has looked shaky this season with a goalkeeper they lack confidence in behind them, and without the deep lying midfielder in-front. We’ve looked more likely to score at the other end, but the midfield has often been left exposed on the counter.

Tactically we’ve not got it right and recruitment on the whole has been poor. Yes, we have signed Hooper who has scored goals elsewhere at this level but Macintosh, Barton, Bobb, Chambers, Redmond have all shown very little. Rutherford was retained who again is a fill in player at best.[/QUOTE]

Redmond has been especially disappointing.

simon4012 11th September 2019 20.45:42

I agree with redmond. He seemed pivotal to Salford's upturn in form. Watched him on the class of whatever sky thingy. He seemed to be playing a bit deeper.....putting some some superb crosses in.

Willywill 12th September 2019 06.40:25

Redmond has been a big disappointment for me for far. I have seen flashes of brilliance, but that’s it. He lacks application and the drive to accept the physical side of the game. When he does eventually compete, he has the potential to be really good. The ball is in his court.

Back of the Kop 12th September 2019 07.07:45

Almost every player that comes here goes backwards.

We'll be getting a reputation for ruining players.No one with a decent reputation comes here and thrives anymore.

Adds more weight to the talk that all is not well within the club and I'm convinced that's the case.

OneLoveWrexham 12th September 2019 07.16:37

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2291860]Almost every player that comes here goes backwards.

We'll be getting a reputation for ruining players.No one with a decent reputation comes here and thrives anymore.

Adds more weight to the talk that all is not well within the club and I'm convinced that's the case.[/QUOTE]
I disagree, we signed an average player in Paul Rutherford and he’ll be leaving as a hero of the people when he leaves the end of the season.

krux 12th September 2019 07.22:46

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2291861]I disagree, we signed an average player in Paul Rutherford and he’ll be leaving as a hero of the people when he leaves the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

which season?

Percy Sugden 12th September 2019 07.32:07

[QUOTE=Willywill;2291858]Redmond has been a big disappointment for me for far. I have seen flashes of brilliance, but that’s it. He lacks application and the drive to accept the physical side of the game. When he does eventually compete, he has the potential to be really good. The ball is in his court.[/QUOTE]

Tyler Harvey Mk2

Phils-an-alki 12th September 2019 07.33:23

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2291860]Almost every player that comes here goes backwards.

Adds more weight to the talk that all is not well within the club and I'm convinced that's the case.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums us up during the last few years.

Three managers in succession don't all walk out mid season if everything is peachy.

pagl 12th September 2019 07.38:11

How can CD coach players 1 day a week. The manager could be changing anything they have worked on.

I think CD and his 433 is the root cause of our problems. Even the 433 is actually a 4231 as we know.
Leaving an isolated CF, no holding midfield player and a total lack of co-ordination in the midfield.

fezbob 12th September 2019 07.38:58

And still the thread title is annoyingly wrong.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

KingBuxton_Forever red 12th September 2019 13.25:17

The CD thing will obviously be a factor but it probably has alot to do with the kind of player we sign. We are never going to be able to buy ourselves a sure bet, instead we are taking gambles are varying sizes.

Some work (Moult) some dont (Fondop)

Must admit, I was looking forward to Redmond, but he has been a huge let down so far.

Redpensioner 12th September 2019 14.00:36

I can see talent in Redmond but he lets himself down with some stupid misplaced passes. I'm willing the lad on to have a good 90 mins. I think its a confidence thing and once he gets a good game under his belt we'll see a different player.

WREX01 12th September 2019 15.37:10

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2291959]I can see talent in Redmond but he lets himself down with some stupid misplaced passes. I'm willing the lad on to have a good 90 mins. I think its a confidence thing and once he gets a good game under his belt we'll see a different player.[/QUOTE]

I think he may be better suited to playing in the two. Maybe:

Barton Redmond

Grant

Tollitt Harris

Hooper

Harsh on young , but it’s important we get the right balance.

Phils-an-alki 12th September 2019 15.48:40

[QUOTE=WREX01;2292013]I think he may be better suited to playing in the two. Maybe:

Barton Redmond

Grant

Tollitt Harris

Hooper

Harsh on young , but it’s important we get the right balance.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

You cannot leave Young out, especially for Barton? Mental.

WREX01 12th September 2019 16.08:22

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2292015]You cannot leave Young out, especially for Barton? Mental.[/QUOTE]

At this moment in time I’d play Barton and Young , I’m just suggesting an alternative way for Redmond to impress in the team.

OneLoveWrexham 12th September 2019 16.18:27

[QUOTE=WREX01;2292025]At this moment in time I’d play Barton and Young , I’m just suggesting an alternative way for Redmond to impress in the team.
Redmond won’t impress in this team, he’s a luxury without the luxuries. Dom Vose was slated for his ‘tracking back’ and Redmond keeps getting cut slack for some reason, from what I’ve seen I’d play Rutherford over him and that’s saying something as he’s offered nothing.

WREX01 12th September 2019 17.51:35

A decent coaching team would work wonders with these players. Most teams in our league would want Young, Redmond, Tollitt, Harris , Grant , Hooper. The tactics , team selections , coaching are all wrong .

Imagine what a John Coleman could do with us ! Very frustrating.

Huffy 12th September 2019 18.12:55

[QUOTE=WREX01;2292050]A decent coaching team would work wonders with these players. Most teams in our league would want Young, Redmond, Tollitt, Harris , Grant , Hooper. The tactics , team selections , coaching are all wrong .

It does make you wonder

marathonplny 12th September 2019 18.40:01

Get Ian Holloway in

He would sort matters out quickly and get us promoted

Redpensioner 12th September 2019 19.05:57

Spot on Wrexo1

Colonel D 12th September 2019 20.10:05

[QUOTE=WREX01;2292050]A decent coaching team would work wonders with these players. Most teams in our league would want Young, Redmond, Tollitt, Harris , Grant , Hooper. The tactics , team selections , coaching are all wrong .

John Coleman would get rid of Redmond , Tollitt and Grant for starters as well as Oswald ,McIntosh, Bobb, and more.

pagl 12th September 2019 21.35:46

When you think of Kevin Ellison at L2 level player and has based his game on hard work and effort. Regularly scored goals since 2011.

A lesson for some players at our level. How much coaching do you need with an attitude like his.

WREX01 12th September 2019 21.41:45

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2292076]John Coleman would get rid of Redmond , Tollitt and Grant for starters as well as Oswald ,McIntosh, Bobb, and more.[/QUOTE]

Strange statement

KingBuxton_Forever red 13th September 2019 09.55:03

Ah I see we are having a game of "managers who wont be coming to us".

My turn - Alan Pardew.

Phils-an-alki 13th September 2019 10.04:39

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2292163]Ah I see we are having a game of "managers who wont be coming to us".

My turn - Alan Pardew.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who hasn't previously played for us.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2019 10.49:48

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2292167]Anyone who hasn't previously played for us.[/QUOTE]

Obviously. They have to know the area.

Vorporix 13th September 2019 11.02:20

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2292063]Get Ian Holloway in

He would sort matters out quickly and get us promoted[/QUOTE]

Would love him here - just for the after game interviews alone would be worth it :)

paddockgraham 13th September 2019 23.04:50

Hughes is here for the season, get over it

GarryOggy 13th September 2019 23.09:41

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2292300]Hughes is here for the season, get over it[/QUOTE]

The clique won't like that.

John Neals Dynasty 13th September 2019 23.17:34

Mark Hughes pretend he's Bryans brother, Bryan as his assistant.

OneLoveWrexham 13th September 2019 23.31:01

I hope he is, you lot will still be defending the club when we’re playing conference north football next season. #toobigtogodown #fanscan #wearenotbury

OneLoveWrexham 13th September 2019 23.32:13

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2292303]The clique won't like that.[/QUOTE]
You’ll still be creaming your pyjamas in the conference north #genius #getthemdownyoulad

Percy Sugden 14th September 2019 06.33:05

Only in name. We all know Spencer and Darlo run the show. Bobby Grant gives the team talks.

dixienormous 14th September 2019 09.51:29

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2292303]The clique won't like that.[/QUOTE]

And if others do like it, when we're failing on the pitch, then they are complete numpties aren't they? Complete brain dead simpletonians.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.57:12.