RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Laighton (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114465-laighton.html)

dixienormous 8th September 2019 19.34:23

Re: Laighton

I think he'd honestly consider it, and he's a scouser. Mellon went to Tranmere didn't he? Maybe it is wishful thinking, but he's the perfect bloke for me.

Colonel D 8th September 2019 19.48:57

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2291079]I think he'd honestly consider it, and he's a scouser. Mellon went to Tranmere didn't he? Maybe it is wishful thinking, but he's the perfect bloke for me.[/QUOTE]

More likely to get Challinor from Fylde .

OneLoveWrexham 8th September 2019 19.53:23

Coleman would require paying so that’s the end of that

redone 8th September 2019 20.00:14

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2291081]More likely to get Challinor from Fylde .[/QUOTE]

more likely get Wayne Phillips from bbc wales

andy buckley 8th September 2019 21.07:33

[QUOTE=redone;2291086]more likely get Wayne Phillips from bbc wales[/QUOTE]

Welsh speaker so would please certain people and has management experience

willyheckerslike 8th September 2019 21.25:24

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2291079]I think he'd honestly consider it, and he's a scouser. Mellon went to Tranmere didn't he? Maybe it is wishful thinking, but he's the perfect bloke for me.[/QUOTE]

Mates with Gary Bennett apparently....not sure how much Benno does with the current management though?

rob_1072 8th September 2019 21.50:52

[QUOTE=short_gog;2291048]I think results WILL improve, we have a much better squad than recent years, BH has done better than recent managers in the transfer market, but we've been unlucky with red cards and injury this season, something we haven't really had over the last few seasons at this stage.

Most (if not all) were shouting for "more entertainment" last season, we're getting that, just not the results, I am confident they will come, if not Hughes will be gone by Christmas.

As for the board, we need new fresh blood to help out on the football side, maybe somebody impartial outside the normal sphere of influence[/QUOTE]
We have not been unlucky it’s down to poor play, simple as that.

Being gone by Christmas is too late, need to act now to save the season.

Percy Sugden 8th September 2019 21.52:49

[QUOTE=short_gog;2291048]I think results WILL improve, we have a much better squad than recent years, BH has done better than recent managers in the transfer market, but we've been unlucky with red cards and injury this season, something we haven't really had over the last few seasons at this stage.

Most (if not all) were shouting for "more entertainment" last season, we're getting that, just not the results, I am confident they will come, if not Hughes will be gone by Christmas.

As for the board, we need new fresh blood to help out on the football side, maybe somebody impartial outside the normal sphere of influence[/QUOTE]

Who has improved the squad?

Red Light 8th September 2019 22.05:49

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2291075]Have I missed something - At the last count John Coleman was manager of Accrington Stanley in League Division one working for a sensible chairman. WHY would he join us or any other non league team?[/QUOTE]

This - the most sensible post I have read all weekend.

Wasn't it the Everly Brothers who had a hit record called 'Dream'.

We would be better served sending a club delegation to Accrington and examining how a tiny club with a ramshackle ground and a small fanbase have overtaken us in the league pyramid. That would be the nearest we would get to benefiting from anything from Accrington.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.19:04.