RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Laighton (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114465-laighton.html)

woblob04 9th September 2019 08.58:58

Re: Laighton

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2291152]If it was me, I'd be looking at doing a rolling contract where performance is reviewed every month. Based on results, it could be identified whether to keep paying the manager. Not sure if these 3 year deals have got any clauses which allows the manager (whether he is sacked or moves clubs) allows to claim the remaining money from the contract from the club.[/QUOTE]

Something like that but, you can have a, bad month or two and still get promoted. Salford had a stinker last year around January.

I'd just say two years max for anyone, reviewed yearly with incentives for achieving play offs. Anything less than play offs is failure.

thedischunter96 9th September 2019 09.04:30

[QUOTE=woblob04;2291157]Something like that but, you can have a, bad month or two and still get promoted. Salford had a stinker last year around January.

I'd just say two years max for anyone, reviewed yearly with incentives for achieving play offs. Anything less than play offs is failure.[/QUOTE]

I agree but look at Boreham Wood for example, they made the play offs in 17/18 and finished 20th last season. Yet Luke Garrard is still manager.

I think for a club like us play offs should be the minimum. But, we have been in this league since 08 and still stuck here.

redone 9th September 2019 09.06:05

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2291152]If it was me, I'd be looking at doing a rolling contract where performance is reviewed every month. Based on results, it could be identified whether to keep paying the manager. Not sure if these 3 year deals have got any clauses which allows the manager (whether he is sacked or moves clubs) allows to claim the remaining money from the contract from the club.[/QUOTE]

you cannot go giving 3.5yr deals to someone who has never done the job before(scarboro come on),we are arguably the biggest team in the whole national pyramid 12yrs,would you let a person fly a jumbo jet after havin a few lessons in a simulator, the board have got this one so wrong, the JAN18 was unbelievable and this is on the same level, lessons are not learned time time time again, i think the patience has gone now after 12yrs

Phils-an-alki 9th September 2019 09.08:17

We have tried every type of manager now. Rookies, experienced, ex players, player managers, promoting assistants, managers who did really well at smaller teams (Wilkin), dick heads (Saunders) and nothing has worked.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that the problem isn't the managers we appoint, its the people who appoint them and the support or lack of it for them. If multiple people fail in the same job over and over again, back to back then that screams that something else out of their control is wrong.

thedischunter96 9th September 2019 09.11:19

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291162]We have tried every type of manager now. Rookies, experienced, ex players, player managers, promoting assistants, managers who did really well at smaller teams (Wilkin), dick heads (Saunders) and nothing has worked.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that the problem isn't the managers we appoint, its the people who appoint them and the support or lack of it for them. If multiple people fail in the same job over and over again, back to back then that screams that something else out of their control is wrong.[/QUOTE]

It tells me that there is no leadership or guidance for them. If they fall there is no one there to catch them.

woblob04 9th September 2019 09.25:10

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291162]We have tried every type of manager now. Rookies, experienced, ex players, player managers, promoting assistants, managers who did really well at smaller teams (Wilkin), dick heads (Saunders) and nothing has worked.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that the problem isn't the managers we appoint, its the people who appoint them and the support or lack of it for them. If multiple people fail in the same job over and over again, back to back then that screams that something else out of their control is wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm blaming them sh*t heads up the road, they've got a voodoo on us.

There's not a type like that, experienced or inexperienced, it's the individual and if they are right for it and driven, and can handle the pressure with a meagre budget and high expectation. It's a hard to get the right one and keeping them here if they are half decent.

All signs point to the reappointment of Dean keates shakey defence, relegation looking a possibility, fans up in arms. I can see it, he ticks all the boxes for the board. Ex player now experienced, short stint at another club that was disastrous, likely to tread water in mid table. They'll cream themselves if he comes back here "all is forgiven Dean" you know it's going to happen

dagg 9th September 2019 09.27:04

Well is Rob Lainton fit to play or not.

KingBuxton_Forever red 9th September 2019 09.42:10

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291151]They did though, on here, defended that epic brain fart to the hilt. It didn't take much adding up to realise that was a disastrous appointment.[/QUOTE]

I actually think the Newell one is defendable. The manager at the time wanted him and the board backed him.

Appointing Barrow was the problem in hindsight.

Phils-an-alki 9th September 2019 09.47:24

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2291173]I actually think the Newell one is defendable. The manager at the time wanted him and the board backed him.

Appointing Barrow was the problem in hindsight.[/QUOTE]

Now you're just trying to get a bite. Nice try. :coolgleamA:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.33:29.