Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th September 2019, 08.58:58   #73-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Laighton

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedischunter96 View Post
If it was me, I'd be looking at doing a rolling contract where performance is reviewed every month. Based on results, it could be identified whether to keep paying the manager. Not sure if these 3 year deals have got any clauses which allows the manager (whether he is sacked or moves clubs) allows to claim the remaining money from the contract from the club.
Something like that but, you can have a, bad month or two and still get promoted. Salford had a stinker last year around January.

I'd just say two years max for anyone, reviewed yearly with incentives for achieving play offs. Anything less than play offs is failure.
Old 9th September 2019, 09.04:30   #74-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by woblob04 View Post
Something like that but, you can have a, bad month or two and still get promoted. Salford had a stinker last year around January.

I'd just say two years max for anyone, reviewed yearly with incentives for achieving play offs. Anything less than play offs is failure.
I agree but look at Boreham Wood for example, they made the play offs in 17/18 and finished 20th last season. Yet Luke Garrard is still manager.

I think for a club like us play offs should be the minimum. But, we have been in this league since 08 and still stuck here.
Old 9th September 2019, 09.06:05   #75-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedischunter96 View Post
If it was me, I'd be looking at doing a rolling contract where performance is reviewed every month. Based on results, it could be identified whether to keep paying the manager. Not sure if these 3 year deals have got any clauses which allows the manager (whether he is sacked or moves clubs) allows to claim the remaining money from the contract from the club.
you cannot go giving 3.5yr deals to someone who has never done the job before(scarboro come on),we are arguably the biggest team in the whole national pyramid 12yrs,would you let a person fly a jumbo jet after havin a few lessons in a simulator, the board have got this one so wrong, the JAN18 was unbelievable and this is on the same level, lessons are not learned time time time again, i think the patience has gone now after 12yrs
Old 9th September 2019, 09.08:17   #76-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

We have tried every type of manager now. Rookies, experienced, ex players, player managers, promoting assistants, managers who did really well at smaller teams (Wilkin), dick heads (Saunders) and nothing has worked.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that the problem isn't the managers we appoint, its the people who appoint them and the support or lack of it for them. If multiple people fail in the same job over and over again, back to back then that screams that something else out of their control is wrong.
Old 9th September 2019, 09.11:19   #77-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
We have tried every type of manager now. Rookies, experienced, ex players, player managers, promoting assistants, managers who did really well at smaller teams (Wilkin), dick heads (Saunders) and nothing has worked.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that the problem isn't the managers we appoint, its the people who appoint them and the support or lack of it for them. If multiple people fail in the same job over and over again, back to back then that screams that something else out of their control is wrong.
It tells me that there is no leadership or guidance for them. If they fall there is no one there to catch them.
Old 9th September 2019, 09.25:10   #78-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:

What does that tell you?

I'm blaming them sh*t heads up the road, they've got a voodoo on us.

There's not a type like that, experienced or inexperienced, it's the individual and if they are right for it and driven, and can handle the pressure with a meagre budget and high expectation. It's a hard to get the right one and keeping them here if they are half decent.

All signs point to the reappointment of Dean keates shakey defence, relegation looking a possibility, fans up in arms. I can see it, he ticks all the boxes for the board. Ex player now experienced, short stint at another club that was disastrous, likely to tread water in mid table. They'll cream themselves if he comes back here "all is forgiven Dean" you know it's going to happen
Old 9th September 2019, 09.27:04   #79-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Well is Rob Lainton fit to play or not.
Old 9th September 2019, 09.42:10   #80-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
They did though, on here, defended that epic brain fart to the hilt. It didn't take much adding up to realise that was a disastrous appointment.
I actually think the Newell one is defendable. The manager at the time wanted him and the board backed him.

Appointing Barrow was the problem in hindsight.
Old 9th September 2019, 09.47:24   #81-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I actually think the Newell one is defendable. The manager at the time wanted him and the board backed him.

Appointing Barrow was the problem in hindsight.
Now you're just trying to get a bite. Nice try.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.04:15.