RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Loan Wage Payments (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114467-loan-wage-payments.html)

Rhosddu Red 8th September 2019 20.21:18

Loan Wage Payments

Do we pay some of a players wages when they are out on loan?

How come a few years ago we would have players out on loan to places like conwy and penycae and now even 2 players out on loan is considered a shock?
As there is no reserve league I thought we should either have a team to play friendly matches or create our own small league or save money by loaning them out.

We should set up partnerships with clubs in the region of a decent level with my thoughts being Telford , maybe Nantwich and a welsh club such as Prestatyn or Cefn Druids.

Imagine if a bigger club would be willing to do this with us like on Football Manager and if Harris succeeds then maybe Cardiff could offer more players as they do have a lot of younger deadwood or we should find teams without a U23 team and sign their players at a cheap rate?

The discounts are what lead us to keep signing Massanka as he was on around 150 quid a week with Burnley paying the other 350.

billybersham 8th September 2019 21.16:26

Re: Loan Wage Payments

[QUOTE=Rhosddu Red;2291091]Do we pay some of a players wages when they are out on loan?

How come a few years ago we would have players out on loan to places like conwy and penycae and now even 2 players out on loan is considered a shock?
As there is no reserve league I thought we should either have a team to play friendly matches or create our own small league or save money by loaning them out.

We should set up partnerships with clubs in the region of a decent level with my thoughts being Telford , maybe Nantwich and a welsh club such as Prestatyn or Cefn Druids.

Imagine if a bigger club would be willing to do this with us like on Football Manager and if Harris succeeds then maybe Cardiff could offer more players as they do have a lot of younger deadwood or we should find teams without a U23 team and sign their players at a cheap rate?

The discounts are what lead us to keep signing Massanka as he was on around 150 quid a week with Burnley paying the other 350.[/QUOTE]

He was not worth the £150 per week,I am afraid.

Rhosddu Red 9th September 2019 07.52:40

[QUOTE=billybersham;2291104]He was not worth the £150 per week,I am afraid.[/QUOTE]

He’s not even worth a few quid as target practice.

I’ve heard as well that some of the lower clubs in this league can get a average L1 or L2 striker for 50 quid even.

Harris is probably around 500 quid as he’s a relative bigger name than unproven strikers as he’s a welsh youth international.
Where is Massanka now?

louisleftboot 9th September 2019 08.14:10

[QUOTE=Rhosddu Red;2291140]

Harris is probably around 500 quid as he’s a relative bigger name than unproven strikers as he’s a welsh youth international.
Where is Massanka now?[/QUOTE]

Chorley

thedischunter96 9th September 2019 08.59:20

[QUOTE=Rhosddu Red;2291140]He’s not even worth a few quid as target practice.

I’ve heard as well that some of the lower clubs in this league can get a average L1 or L2 striker for 50 quid even.

Where is Massanka now?[/QUOTE]

I am all for youth and academies as they produce future potential first team players. However, with us being in the 5th tier there is no reserve league. The only way to allow the youth players to play a game is FA trophy or the scottish cup that we are in (as they played on Sat).

I hate to say this but most fans will agree, that the youth players we have turned out over the recent years have not really been good enough for the first team and are sold to welsh prem sides or leagues below us.

KingBuxton_Forever red 9th September 2019 09.25:50

I selected the "Ajax" option.

Without knowing full facts its really difficult to make an informed answer. Sure reserve football would be the best option, but if "pricey" means it has an overly negative impact on the first team budget I wouldn't be interested.

Few on here will be able to give a proper answer for that reason. We don't know the money side of things well enough.

Rhosddu Red 9th September 2019 11.03:13

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2291158]I am all for youth and academies as they produce future potential first team players. However, with us being in the 5th tier there is no reserve league. The only way to allow the youth players to play a game is FA trophy or the scottish cup that we are in (as they played on Sat).

I hate to say this but most fans will agree, that the youth players we have turned out over the recent years have not really been good enough for the first team and are sold to welsh prem sides or leagues below us.[/QUOTE]

I agree to but where is Jordan Davies now and what happened to Bradley Reid?

Rhosddu Red 9th September 2019 11.03:57

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2291144]Chorley[/QUOTE]

How did that Belgian team find him last year?

Rhosddu Red 9th September 2019 11.06:58

Could we have a reserve side in the Welsh league system or not with a name such as CPD Wrecsam as a international clearance loophole and a way to get us back in European football?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.12:14.