RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114472-tunnocks-caramel-wafer-cup-r4-draw.html)

Redordead 10th September 2019 13.21:07

Re: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw

St Mirren seem up for it!

Wrexham going to get a shock when 500+ St Mirren fans turn up for a full weekend of partying for an Under20s game.

Closest we've got to Europe in years

RHYLRED 10th September 2019 13.21:12

[QUOTE=fezbob;2291530]Unless they're taking the royal piss it looks like they might actually bring a few hundred for this game. Wrexham is fast becoming a tourist trap for Scots.[/QUOTE]

Ayr did, so maybe they will.

Ooh aah Paskin 10th September 2019 13.23:12

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2291523]The embarrassment will be bigger if we are beaten by an U21 side.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I wouldn't care.

jase1runner 10th September 2019 13.28:07

So called fans wanting us to lose so that we can 'concentrate' on the league, or perhaps they are to busy watching their other team (Liverpool, MUFC etc.) to care.

BP Red 10th September 2019 13.30:26

[QUOTE=fezbob;2291530]Unless they're taking the royal piss it looks like they might actually bring a few hundred for this game. Wrexham is fast becoming a tourist trap for Scots.[/QUOTE]

It's the Bootlegger effect. 90% of the St Mirren fans reacting to the draw are talking about having a pilsner with him.

andy buckley 10th September 2019 13.34:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy buckley View Post
Another home tie so more money in the bank

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2291518]Haha haha[/QUOTE]

At least you appreciated the irony of my post unlike several others!!!

Ooh aah Paskin 10th September 2019 13.42:29

[QUOTE=jase1runner;2291535]So called fans wanting us to lose so that we can 'concentrate' on the league, or perhaps they are to busy watching their other team (Liverpool, MUFC etc.) to care.[/QUOTE]

I assume that is directed at me. I'm sorry if I feel that this cup is a waste of time and could have a detrimental effect on our season. Its just my opinion, it doesn't mean I want my team to lose a game, or throw a game..whatever. All I am saying is if we get beat by an U21 team I wouldn't care.
If we get beat by Sutton, however, then I most definitely would care.
I won't apologise for stating that the league should be our priority over all other ventures this season. Its about time we get out of here.
If we get a good run in the FA cup then fine, we don't miss league games until the third round and hopefully if we make it that far we would get a decent payday.
As for the trophy, we've been there done that so I wouldn't be too disheartened if we made an early exit from that either.

As for supporting another club, I don't. I would probably struggle to even name three or four players in any premiership squad and in fact I don't even know who is top.

For 12 years I have paid little attention to the divisions above as we have been down here.

A third of my time supporting Wrexham has now been non league. IMO that isn't good enough and we should be seriously looking at prioritising promotion. And IMO that means the likes of the Trophy and Tunnocks cup don't hold much attraction for me.

If they do for others, that's fine.

Phils-an-alki 10th September 2019 13.47:59

[QUOTE=jase1runner;2291535]So called fans wanting us to lose so that we can 'concentrate' on the league, or perhaps they are to busy watching their other team (Liverpool, MUFC etc.) to care.[/QUOTE]

Top Red Alert.

krux 10th September 2019 14.06:12

concentrating on the league is one this. The fact that this competition is worthless is another.

don't understand the other team reference as you could say that about the league campaign.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.47:48.