RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114472-tunnocks-caramel-wafer-cup-r4-draw.html)

fezbob 10th September 2019 14.08:55

Re: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw

[QUOTE=BP Red;2291536]It's the Bootlegger effect. 90% of the St Mirren fans reacting to the draw are talking about having a pilsner with him.[/QUOTE]

You just knew that would 'appen!

John Neals Dynasty 10th September 2019 14.17:15

How far this club has fallen when some are getting so excited over this joke competition, dear oh dear
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 10th September 2019 14.37:27

I remember the days when we used to talk about not putting too much energy into the LDV vans trophy. That seems like the Champions League these days compared to this drivel.

Iesty 10th September 2019 14.55:28

[QUOTE=BP Red;2291536]It's the Bootlegger effect. 90% of the St Mirren fans reacting to the draw are talking about having a pilsner with him.[/QUOTE]

Shame he is going Sober for October for charity! :jester:

EnglishRed 10th September 2019 15.27:44

We are in the competition, we can't do anything about it so no point moaning about it really. This is instead of the reserve league everyone wanted.

In ten years all this will just be a pub quiz question.

Phils-an-alki 10th September 2019 15.38:14

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2291560]We are in the competition, we can't do anything about it so no point moaning about it really. This is instead of the reserve league everyone wanted.

In ten years all this will just be a pub quiz question.[/QUOTE]

In ten years when we are in the Conf North we'll be looking back and thinking I wish we were in that biscuit cup again..

subbuteorob 10th September 2019 15.46:29

Just a thought... I know it may be a long shot and I have my concerns as well about this competition BUT

what if our participation leads to us discovering a talent amongst our own ranks that otherwise may not have been given a chance. eg for instance Jake Bickerstaff.

Wouldn't that make participation more than worthwile in terms of giving some of the youth a chance in a more competitive setting and potentially someone breaking into the first team.

EnglishRed 10th September 2019 15.47:39

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291562]In ten years when we are in the Conf North we'll be looking back and thinking I wish we were in that biscuit cup again..[/QUOTE]

A possibility! Or we've been strong armed into the Welsh system and we are being made to watch a match against local rivals Rhostyllen with 300 others.

I was thinking more along the lines of, when we are back in the EFL and all this is just a distant memory.

Clap clap clap.

dagg 10th September 2019 15.52:55

[QUOTE=subbuteorob;2291565]Just a thought... I know it may be a long shot and I have my concerns as well about this competition BUT

what if our participation leads to us discovering a talent amongst our own ranks that otherwise may not have been given a chance. eg for instance Jake Bickerstaff.

Wouldn't that make participation more than worthwile in terms of giving some of the youth a chance in a more competitive setting and potentially someone breaking into the first team.[/QUOTE]

It wont happen, if players are not in our league or above they are not worth looking at. :hiding:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.36:21.