RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114472-tunnocks-caramel-wafer-cup-r4-draw.html)

fezbob 10th September 2019 16.08:11

Re: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291562]In ten years when we are in the Conf North we'll be looking back and thinking I wish we were in that biscuit cup again..[/QUOTE]

What's the alternative to the way the club has approached it so far?

Phils-an-alki 10th September 2019 16.16:05

[QUOTE=subbuteorob;2291565]Just a thought... I know it may be a long shot and I have my concerns as well about this competition BUT

what if our participation leads to us discovering a talent amongst our own ranks that otherwise may not have been given a chance. eg for instance Jake Bickerstaff.

Wouldn't that make participation more than worthwile in terms of giving some of the youth a chance in a more competitive setting and potentially someone breaking into the first team.[/QUOTE]

We'd sell them on the cheap in January.

Phils-an-alki 10th September 2019 16.20:28

[QUOTE=fezbob;2291573]What's the alternative to the way the club has approached it so far?[/QUOTE]

Do you think I'm being serious? I'm not.

spuderz123 10th September 2019 16.22:25

Good draw that.

Looking forward to it already

fezbob 10th September 2019 16.58:58

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291576]Do you think I'm being serious? I'm not.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of hard to tell.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

petered 10th September 2019 17.36:20

[QUOTE=subbuteorob;2291565]Just a thought... I know it may be a long shot and I have my concerns as well about this competition BUT

what if our participation leads to us discovering a talent amongst our own ranks that otherwise may not have been given a chance. eg for instance Jake Bickerstaff.

Wouldn't that make participation more than worthwile in terms of giving some of the youth a chance in a more competitive setting and potentially someone breaking into the first team.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Good point raised.

Red Light 10th September 2019 17.50:13

A mere three more wins and we are in the final - I was at first dismissive of this competition, it's not ideal but having seen the Ayr game my mindset was changed.

The team was made up of fringe first team players, players that are not getting a regular run out and youth players who we don't normally see - Cleworth and Bikerstaff had good games and will have learnt a lot.

Given the home draw it may well be possible to play Chesterfield on Saturday and this tie on Sunday - we have enough players to put out a strong enough team in the second game if it were to happen. Whether stewarding, security and policing can be arranged plus all other service providers twice in two days is another matter.

No use repeatedly whinging on and on about it - we qualified as one of the two highest National League teams not to gain promotion - those are the rules so we need to get on with it.

Rhosymedre Red 10th September 2019 18.16:52

It would be tough on the St Mirren supporters if they moved to midweek. I can see the Chesterfield being moved.

Corner Flag 10th September 2019 18.20:29

[QUOTE=Red Light;2291593]A mere three more wins and we are in the final - I was at first dismissive of this competition, it's not ideal but having seen the Ayr game my mindset was changed.

The team was made up of fringe first team players, players that are not getting a regular run out and youth players who we don't normally see - Cleworth and Bikerstaff had good games and will have learnt a lot.

Given the home draw it may well be possible to play Chesterfield on Saturday and this tie on Sunday - we have enough players to put out a strong enough team in the second game if it were to happen. Whether stewarding, security and policing can be arranged plus all other service providers twice in two days is another matter.

No use repeatedly whinging on and on about it - we qualified as one of the two highest National League teams not to gain promotion - those are the rules so we need to get on with it.[/QUOTE]

Proved to me we need to be playing our reserve team in another league like the old Flodlit Cup or similar .

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.30:21.