RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114472-tunnocks-caramel-wafer-cup-r4-draw.html)

Iesty 10th September 2019 14.55:28

Re: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw

[QUOTE=BP Red;2291536]It's the Bootlegger effect. 90% of the St Mirren fans reacting to the draw are talking about having a pilsner with him.[/QUOTE]

Shame he is going Sober for October for charity! :jester:

EnglishRed 10th September 2019 15.27:44

We are in the competition, we can't do anything about it so no point moaning about it really. This is instead of the reserve league everyone wanted.

In ten years all this will just be a pub quiz question.

Phils-an-alki 10th September 2019 15.38:14

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2291560]We are in the competition, we can't do anything about it so no point moaning about it really. This is instead of the reserve league everyone wanted.

In ten years all this will just be a pub quiz question.[/QUOTE]

In ten years when we are in the Conf North we'll be looking back and thinking I wish we were in that biscuit cup again..

subbuteorob 10th September 2019 15.46:29

Just a thought... I know it may be a long shot and I have my concerns as well about this competition BUT

what if our participation leads to us discovering a talent amongst our own ranks that otherwise may not have been given a chance. eg for instance Jake Bickerstaff.

Wouldn't that make participation more than worthwile in terms of giving some of the youth a chance in a more competitive setting and potentially someone breaking into the first team.

EnglishRed 10th September 2019 15.47:39

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291562]In ten years when we are in the Conf North we'll be looking back and thinking I wish we were in that biscuit cup again..[/QUOTE]

A possibility! Or we've been strong armed into the Welsh system and we are being made to watch a match against local rivals Rhostyllen with 300 others.

I was thinking more along the lines of, when we are back in the EFL and all this is just a distant memory.

Clap clap clap.

dagg 10th September 2019 15.52:55

[QUOTE=subbuteorob;2291565]Just a thought... I know it may be a long shot and I have my concerns as well about this competition BUT

what if our participation leads to us discovering a talent amongst our own ranks that otherwise may not have been given a chance. eg for instance Jake Bickerstaff.

Wouldn't that make participation more than worthwile in terms of giving some of the youth a chance in a more competitive setting and potentially someone breaking into the first team.[/QUOTE]

It wont happen, if players are not in our league or above they are not worth looking at. :hiding:

fezbob 10th September 2019 16.08:11

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291562]In ten years when we are in the Conf North we'll be looking back and thinking I wish we were in that biscuit cup again..[/QUOTE]

What's the alternative to the way the club has approached it so far?

Phils-an-alki 10th September 2019 16.16:05

[QUOTE=subbuteorob;2291565]Just a thought... I know it may be a long shot and I have my concerns as well about this competition BUT

Wouldn't that make participation more than worthwile in terms of giving some of the youth a chance in a more competitive setting and potentially someone breaking into the first team.[/QUOTE]

We'd sell them on the cheap in January.

Phils-an-alki 10th September 2019 16.20:28

[QUOTE=fezbob;2291573]What's the alternative to the way the club has approached it so far?[/QUOTE]

Do you think I'm being serious? I'm not.

spuderz123 10th September 2019 16.22:25

Good draw that.

Looking forward to it already

fezbob 10th September 2019 16.58:58

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291576]Do you think I'm being serious? I'm not.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of hard to tell.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

petered 10th September 2019 17.36:20

Totally agree. Good point raised.

Red Light 10th September 2019 17.50:13

A mere three more wins and we are in the final - I was at first dismissive of this competition, it's not ideal but having seen the Ayr game my mindset was changed.

The team was made up of fringe first team players, players that are not getting a regular run out and youth players who we don't normally see - Cleworth and Bikerstaff had good games and will have learnt a lot.

Given the home draw it may well be possible to play Chesterfield on Saturday and this tie on Sunday - we have enough players to put out a strong enough team in the second game if it were to happen. Whether stewarding, security and policing can be arranged plus all other service providers twice in two days is another matter.

No use repeatedly whinging on and on about it - we qualified as one of the two highest National League teams not to gain promotion - those are the rules so we need to get on with it.

Rhosymedre Red 10th September 2019 18.16:52

It would be tough on the St Mirren supporters if they moved to midweek. I can see the Chesterfield being moved.

Corner Flag 10th September 2019 18.20:29

[QUOTE=Red Light;2291593]A mere three more wins and we are in the final - I was at first dismissive of this competition, it's not ideal but having seen the Ayr game my mindset was changed.

The team was made up of fringe first team players, players that are not getting a regular run out and youth players who we don't normally see - Cleworth and Bikerstaff had good games and will have learnt a lot.

Given the home draw it may well be possible to play Chesterfield on Saturday and this tie on Sunday - we have enough players to put out a strong enough team in the second game if it were to happen. Whether stewarding, security and policing can be arranged plus all other service providers twice in two days is another matter.

No use repeatedly whinging on and on about it - we qualified as one of the two highest National League teams not to gain promotion - those are the rules so we need to get on with it.[/QUOTE]

Proved to me we need to be playing our reserve team in another league like the old Flodlit Cup or similar .

dixienormous 10th September 2019 18.27:52

The never ending nightmare continues...

Red Light 10th September 2019 19.55:07

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2291599]Proved to me we need to be playing our reserve team in another league like the old Flodlit Cup or similar .[/QUOTE]

We do which would benefit the playing side - I assume all avenues have been explored and it's not affordable or there isn't a suitable local / regional league we could enter.

Years ago there was always a feature on the then reserve team, match reports and league standings in the match day programme - how times have changed.

Doesn't seem so long ago I remember watching our reserve side play Tranmere Rovers reserves at Globe Way, Buckley - there was even a free raffle on stadium admission - exciting times !

gresford red 10th September 2019 21.00:43

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2291599]Proved to me we need to be playing our reserve team in another league like the old Flodlit Cup or similar .[/QUOTE]

The floodlit league, wow your showing your age. My dad played for Wrexham reserves in the floodlit league mid 60's.

Brinster 10th September 2019 21.09:49

[QUOTE=gresford red;2291635]The floodlit league, wow your showing your age. My dad played for Wrexham reserves in the floodlit league mid 60's.[/QUOTE]

In those days we also had Wrexham A playing in the Welsh National League Wrexham Area.

RedArmy123 10th September 2019 21.19:21

Laughable competition. The fact we’re playing St Mirren kids instead of a televised game against Chesterfield with a decent crowd is a royal pain in the arse. Stick it in midweek or on a Sunday on Lex

southcoastexpress 10th September 2019 23.48:20

[QUOTE=Brinster;2291639]In those days we also had Wrexham A playing in the Welsh National League Wrexham Area.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that Wrexham B in the WNL?

The Reserves played in the Cheshire League and Wrexham A played in the Welsh League(North).

But that was probably in the days before the Northern Floodlit League came into being.

pagl 11th September 2019 05.36:44

Another round.... The real question is this cost effective?
Great that 400 Ayr fans attended in the 1,600 crowd to boost revenue.

What was the price? £10 per adult or full?
Average price either £9 or £6 so its about £15k or £10k.
Take out expenses and Ayr’s cut then is it worth it?

We now lose £6k TV fees as well. The only good thing is fringe players getting a game.

krux 11th September 2019 06.43:34

[QUOTE=Rhosymedre Red;2291598]It would be tough on the St Mirren supporters if they moved to midweek. I can see the Chesterfield being moved.[/QUOTE]

not tough on the Chesterfield fans then?

I know Chesterfield is a little bit closer......but there will be far more of them..

sparky 11th September 2019 07.15:08

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2291560]We are in the competition, we can't do anything about it so no point moaning about it really. This is instead of the reserve league everyone wanted.

In ten years all this will just be a pub quiz question.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember a reserve game taking precedence over a league game.

If there is any chnace of playing both games over the same weekend then that must happen. If that upsets the jocks then so be it. You never know, they may complain and with a bif if luck we get chucked out.

FieldtownRed 11th September 2019 07.26:54

[QUOTE=sparky;2291665]I can't remember a reserve game taking precedence over a league game.

If there is any chnace of playing both games over the same weekend then that must happen. [B]If that upsets the jocks then so be it[/B]. You never know, they may complain and with a bif if luck we get chucked out.[/QUOTE]

Or we encourage them to attend the Chesterfield game too - they're bound to support the Welsh side rather than the English side aren't they? Extra income for the club too. ;)

percy vere 11th September 2019 07.59:23

[QUOTE=spuderz123;2291578]Good draw that.

Looking forward to it already[/QUOTE]

And me. Ayr game was the best entertainment this season,2 teams just going for it, young lads having a go , good atmosphere,no pressure win or lose and a fiver to get in. And to cap it all seeing the usual moaners come on here and have a right winge about it :hurray:

Phils-an-alki 11th September 2019 08.02:25

[QUOTE=percy vere;2291673]And me. Ayr game was the best entertainment this season,2 teams just going for it, young lads having a go , good atmosphere,no pressure win or lose and a fiver to get in. And to cap it all seeing the usual moaners come on here and have a right winge about it :hurray:[/QUOTE]

Irony alert.

chef1 11th September 2019 08.36:56

Play the under 11s and lets be done with this nonsense.

John Neals Dynasty 11th September 2019 08.54:13

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291675]Irony alert.[/QUOTE]

Kellogs man has sent his troops out this joke of a competition I notice a low of new names posting it's to divert yet again attention from the ones keeping us playing pub football.

percy vere 11th September 2019 08.54:23

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2291675]Irony alert.[/QUOTE]

And here’s the first one,just can’t wait :jester:

percy vere 11th September 2019 09.00:58

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2291682]Kellogs man has sent his troops out this joke of a competition I notice a low of new names posting it's to divert yet again attention from the ones keeping us playing pub football.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Here you are

[url]https://images.app.goo.gl/3pSSceox9Bj1YQCg8[/url]

andy buckley 11th September 2019 09.27:52

[QUOTE=percy vere;2291673And to cap it all seeing the usual moaners come on here and have a right winge about it :hurray:[/QUOTE]

Yeh they are almost as blinkered as the football board they despise, more irony alert😊

Ooh aah Paskin 11th September 2019 09.40:21

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2291686]Yeh they are almost as blinkered as the football board they despise, more irony alert😊[/QUOTE]

To be honest, those having a 'moan' about it are probably less blinkered than most, having the ability to see the bigger picture.

:D

dagg 11th September 2019 09.40:27

St Mirren colts.

[url]https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=PSpmE1JV&id=2DA08B7D80B4F265BE3EBCFF874086EC22976C3F&thid=OIP.PSpmE1JVh_k8GJbktG7tRwHaDt&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.stmirren.com%2fimages%2fstock-image-library%2fmascots-201819.jpg&exph=650&expw=1300&q=st+mirren+colts&simid=608008368538584616&selectedIndex=22&qpvt=st+mirren+colts&ajaxhist=0[/url]

Phils-an-alki 11th September 2019 09.47:05

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2291688]To be honest, those having a 'moan' about it are probably less blinkered than most, having the ability to see the bigger picture.

:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean we're 18th in the league so we should all just enjoy the ride and there's no reason to be critical or moan.
The Football board are clearly doing a sterling job, its only those footballing giants such as Woking, Bromley, Maidenhead, Dover etc that are ahead of us in the league.
No need to worry or moan, everything is rosy.
#Fanscan
#excitingtimesahead

Phils-an-alki 11th September 2019 09.51:41

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2291686]Yeh they are almost as blinkered as the football board they despise, more irony alert��[/QUOTE]

Top red and all round super fan andy buckley thinks the football board are blinkered. That's not in the top red instruction manual andy. Might want to read it again.

pagl 11th September 2019 12.47:18

[QUOTE=sparky;2291665]I can't remember a reserve game taking precedence over a league game.

If there is any chnace of playing both games over the same weekend then that must happen. If that upsets the jocks then so be it. You never know, they may complain and with a bif if luck we get chucked out.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Both games the same day would be good.
1pm for cup and 5:30pm for league :)

Not sure how ticketing would work though.

John Neals Dynasty 11th September 2019 13.25:12

[QUOTE=percy vere;2291685]Here you are

[url]https://images.app.goo.gl/3pSSceox9Bj1YQCg8[/url][/QUOTE]

John Neals Dynasty 11th September 2019 13.25:52

Good to see a fool take the bait

John Neals Dynasty 11th September 2019 13.27:06

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2291688]To be honest, those having a 'moan' about it are probably less blinkered than most, having the ability to see the bigger picture.

:D[/QUOTE]

Wasted on him

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.45:36.