RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114472-tunnocks-caramel-wafer-cup-r4-draw.html)

Red Light 9th September 2019 15.14:55

Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw

Love it or loathe it, having entered the competition at the third round stage we are in the draw for Round 4. If we reach the final there are only four more games to play.

The draw will take place at 1230 pm on Tuesday 10 September.
It will be live streamed on the SPFL youtube channel for anyone interested.

The format for the following rounds is as follows.

Round 4
Ties are scheduled to take place on either Saturday 12 or Sunday 13 October - this weekend clashes with out home televised BT Sport league fixture v Chesterfield.

Perhaps shortly after completion of the draw we will receive an update as to what happens with our match v Chesterfield - I am fully expecting it to be displaced to a futuristic evening fixture.

Quarter Finals
Are scheduled to take place on either Saturday 16 or Sunday 17 November - this weekend clashes with our away league fixture at Eastleigh.

Semi Finals
Are scheduled to take place on either Saturday 15 or Sunday 16 February - this weekend clashes with our home league fixture v Torquay United.

The final
Will take place either Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 March which clashes with our away league fixture v Halifax Town.

Worthy of mention is that in addition to us, Connahs Quay Nomads also won on Saturday evening at the Deeside stadium thanks to a goal from Michael Bakare - from now on I believe the draw is a total free for all with no segregation i.e. all clubs are in the draw as equals and we could end up being paired with anyone left remaining from Scotland, Ireland or Wales - exciting times !

Rhosymedre Red 9th September 2019 15.17:31

Re: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw

Where's the Final being played?

Loughboroughred 9th September 2019 15.20:04

The final is played at a neutral venue inbetween the two finalist. So if we were to play a Scottish club in the final anywhere in North of England / South of Scotland would be favorable.

Loughboroughred 9th September 2019 15.21:53

Rangers won the competition back in 2015/2016 when they were on the rise in front of 48,000 fans at Hampden Park. Would love to see us play somewhere like there.

boomer 9th September 2019 15.34:54

And if we play Connah's Quay in the final maybe we play at Airbus?

Red Light 9th September 2019 15.38:25

[QUOTE=Loughboroughred;2291254]Rangers won the competition back in 2015/2016 when they were on the rise in front of 48,000 fans at Hampden Park. Would love to see us play somewhere like there.[/QUOTE]

Rangers Under 21's are still in the competition - it's a possibility.

borntobered 9th September 2019 16.12:36

with our game against Chesterfield scheduled as a BT Sports live match, what are the chances that this tie could be played on a Sunday, involving the youth set up and any first teamers who didn't get game time on the Saturday?

spuderz123 9th September 2019 16.15:14

Connahs Quay (a) please

flintshirefan 9th September 2019 16.19:48

[QUOTE=borntobered;2291274]with our game against Chesterfield scheduled as a BT Sports live match, what are the chances that this tie could be played on a Sunday, involving the youth set up and any first teamers who didn't get game time on the Saturday?[/QUOTE]

Ideal scenario

Red Light 9th September 2019 16.44:11

[QUOTE=borntobered;2291274]with our game against Chesterfield scheduled as a BT Sports live match, what are the chances that this tie could be played on a Sunday, involving the youth set up and any first teamers who didn't get game time on the Saturday?[/QUOTE]

Interesting possibility.

Maybe the draw and specifically the location might have an influence on that particular weekend - if it pairs us with Connahs Quay perhaps possible - anyone away long distance might be a step too far - in any case the whole scenario undermines the competition. Nobody really wants to see two under strength seriously weakend teams but sadly that's the way its going.

I see there has been some disquiet and representation by Irish clubs as the competition has clashed with the Irish FA Cup competition.

gresford red 9th September 2019 16.49:31

I don't think we were that weak on Saturday to be honest, lawler, Redmond, tollit,Rutherford, jazzy B and Dibble were all in the squad against Ayr. These players have been involved in our first eleven enough times this season.

Windsor Mike 9th September 2019 18.27:36

Really fancy Inverness Caley away, I've driven past their stadium many times on the way to my sisters in the Highlands, and it has to be one of the most beautiful settings to watch a game of football, would look even better with Wrexham and Welsh flags all over the place

fezbob 9th September 2019 18.38:38

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2291303]Really fancy Inverness Caley away, I've driven past their stadium many times on the way to my sisters in the Highlands, and it has to be one of the most beautiful settings to watch a game of football, would look even better with Wrexham and Welsh flags all over the place[/QUOTE]

That was the name that stood out for me too.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Windsor Mike 9th September 2019 18.56:22

[QUOTE=fezbob;2291306]That was the name that stood out for me too.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I'm a defo if it comes off, cracking night on the lash as well:)

Foxy 9th September 2019 18.58:30

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2291308]I'm a defo if it comes off, cracking night on the lash as well:)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a real hoot . A right piss up whilst we wonder how on Earth we are embroiled in a relegation battle.

fluffysheepsupporter 9th September 2019 19.05:10

Been to Inverness many times on the way North West from there . Would be a good weekend . Elgin, Arbroath ( try the smokies) would be next best. The rest of the Scottish teams left are in general in the rather boring Central Valley area. Waterford away looks promising . Fishguard - Rosslare and not much further on in the South East. Glenavon still in from Northern Ireland and Ballymena if they beat the Rangers U21 on 18/9 . It will be sods law we get Solihull away!!!

Windsor Mike 9th September 2019 19.15:28

[QUOTE=Foxy;2291309]Sounds like a real hoot . A right piss up whilst we wonder how on Earth we are embroiled in a relegation battle.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah of course, all relegation battles take place in September don't they

fezbob 9th September 2019 19.16:04

[QUOTE=Foxy;2291309]Sounds like a real hoot . A right piss up whilst we wonder how on Earth we are embroiled in a relegation battle.[/QUOTE]

Christmas is cancelled.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Windsor Mike 9th September 2019 19.22:54

[QUOTE=fezbob;2291315]Christmas is cancelled.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Jesus, can you give Foxy the number of Wrexham Samaratians, if he doesn't have it on speed dial

Inside Left 9th September 2019 19.27:36

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2291303]Really fancy Inverness Caley away, I've driven past their stadium many times on the way to my sisters in the Highlands, and it has to be one of the most beautiful settings to watch a game of football, would look even better with Wrexham and Welsh flags all over the place[/QUOTE]

Cross the Ness river and walk about quarter of a mile and you will arrive at the ground of Clachnacuddin F C. Heart of the Highlands and 2nd club of Inverness - Perhaps Clachy fans would disagree.

EnglishRed 9th September 2019 19.30:48

Would be a good draw. Familiar faces there too, Carl Tremarco is their captain and their top scorer is Jordan White!

Windsor Mike 9th September 2019 19.36:01

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2291322]Cross the Ness river and walk about quarter of a mile and you will arrive at the ground of Clachnacuddin F C. Heart of the Highlands and 2nd club of Inverness - Perhaps Clachy fans would disagree.[/QUOTE]

Have a soft spot for Wick Academy myself as it's not far from my sister, have been to see them a couple of times, frankly the standard is shite, would fancy us to even get a result there :D

the_holt_dragon 9th September 2019 19.49:39

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2291328]Have a soft spot for Wick Academy myself as it's not far from my sister, have been to see them a couple of times, frankly the standard is shite, would fancy us to even get a result there :D[/QUOTE]

Where does your sister live? My wife is from a village called Halkirk which is near Thurso. I went to watch Inverness play Celtic in the SPL a few years ago to escape the in laws! Tremarco, Devine and Raven were all in the squad.

Windsor Mike 9th September 2019 19.53:02

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2291336]Where does your sister live? My wife is from a village called Halkirk which is near Thurso. I went to watch Inverness play Celtic in the SPL a few years ago to escape the in laws! Tremarco, Devine and Raven were all in the squad.[/QUOTE]

She's in Lybster, about 15 miles from Wick, 90 bloody miles from Inverness as well !!!

fluffysheepsupporter 9th September 2019 19.58:07

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2291336]Where does your sister live? My wife is from a village called Halkirk which is near Thurso. I went to watch Inverness play Celtic in the SPL a few years ago to escape the in laws! Tremarco, Devine and Raven were all in the squad.[/QUOTE]

Just a few on here who want to look at the map of Scotland . Wick and Thurso a long way from Inverness. If you really want to find a club beyond nowhere try Ness at the north end of the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides. Or Barra United at the southern end of the Hebrides chain. Saw them in their cup final a few years ago . Won 5-2 . Island has 1250 inhabitants . Half of them turned up at the match. Celebrations afterwards with the Vatersay Boys were monumental

the_holt_dragon 9th September 2019 20.42:47

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2291338]She's in Lybster, about 15 miles from Wick, 90 bloody miles from Inverness as well !!![/QUOTE]

We were in Lybster last month. Had lunch at the harbour cafe. I always thought Inverness was north until I discovered the mainland went up for another 2 hours!

cynprifathro 9th September 2019 20.53:36

I would really like to banish some idiotic RP posters beyond John o'Groats!!!

Hometown Unicorn 9th September 2019 22.04:07

Partick Thistle away and a night on the ale in Glasgow, if you please.

Vorporix 10th September 2019 01.02:28

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2291340]Just a few on here who want to look at the map of Scotland . Wick and Thurso a long way from Inverness. If you really want to find a club beyond nowhere try Ness at the north end of the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides. Or Barra United at the southern end of the Hebrides chain. Saw them in their cup final a few years ago . Won 5-2 . Island has 1250 inhabitants . Half of them turned up at the match. Celebrations afterwards with the Vatersay Boys were monumental[/QUOTE]

Flown into Inverness and driven to Thurso on many occasions....

A long drive but fabulous scenery along the coast road.

BertieDragon 10th September 2019 06.29:23

Well its Waterford for me. Great city, lovely people and a ground I've not visited yet. Oh and before some numpty jumps in, I'm teetotal so I'll be on the lash with mineral water!

Rhosddu Red 10th September 2019 07.03:13

Do Rangers U21s play at Ibrox?

Mr Wonderful 10th September 2019 07.19:57

I think they play at Dumbarton. Not 100% though.

pagl 10th September 2019 07.49:25

We will get CQN :)

joe 10th September 2019 07.53:12

Partick Thistle away would be lovely.

CRUMBS 10th September 2019 09.40:12

I'm getting a bit excited about this draw now , who will it be .

Ooh aah Paskin 10th September 2019 09.49:09

[QUOTE=pagl;2291393]We will get CQN :)[/QUOTE]

Fine by me!

We can scout their star striker Bakare. I've heard he is quite prolific.

:D

WinchesterRed 10th September 2019 10.07:53

Link for anyone wanting to watch:

[URL="https://spfl.co.uk/videos?v=ZIio_UlXIOo&pl=PLAmNSUlUap5us5l2AZR17o2P5OW6SAkhR"]https://spfl.co.uk/videos?v=ZIio_UlXIOo&pl=PLAmNSUlUap5us5l2AZR17o2P5OW6SAkhR[/URL]

fezbob 10th September 2019 10.22:46

[QUOTE=WinchesterRed;2291418]Link for anyone wanting to watch:

[URL="https://spfl.co.uk/videos?v=ZIio_UlXIOo&pl=PLAmNSUlUap5us5l2AZR17o2P5OW6SAkhR"]https://spfl.co.uk/videos?v=ZIio_UlXIOo&pl=PLAmNSUlUap5us5l2AZR17o2P5OW6SAkhR[/URL][/QUOTE]

I wonder which glamorous location it will be held - a service station perhaps?

Windsor Mike 10th September 2019 11.08:42

[QUOTE=fezbob;2291424]I wonder which glamorous location it will be held - a service station perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Would love it if Rod Stewart was doing the draw......

Iesty 10th September 2019 11.16:07

draw will be here in 15

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07-aJj-YhBo&feature=youtu.be[/url]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.37:10.