RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wales U21 v Germany tonight Tue 10 Sept (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114479-wales-u21-v-germany-tonight-tue-10-sept.html)

Phils-an-alki 11th September 2019 07.34:02

Re: Wales U21 v Germany tonight Tue 10 Sept

[QUOTE=Foxy;2291662]He played in Devante Redmond ‘s position, looked like him and played like him - totally anonymous. In fact it was noticeable how Wales , like Wrexham , played a 4231 formation. And like Wrexham it offered little going forward ( with The striker isolated) and was all over the place at the back. I wonder what the link is between us and Wales ?[/QUOTE]

Hang Foxy, on here you're only allowed to credit the oracle of Welsh football when things go well, when they aren't it isn't anything to do with him and its all the managers fault.

Phils-an-alki 11th September 2019 07.34:42

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2291664]They play Germany we don’t ?[/QUOTE]

How is that a link?

Haruki 11th September 2019 07.56:58

[QUOTE=wrexhamandy;2291650]Do you think Brennan Johnson is worth an early call up to the full squad to try and bag him now given the rumours of England looking at him?[/QUOTE]

He does't look ready, loads of rough edges that will be ironed out as he is till so young. He is behind the likes of Wilson, Lawrence, Brooks etc but sometimes you can just spot a player with potential on how they move and show for the ball.

Also i am not a fan of giving out caps just to cap someone as we did years ago with Harry Wilson. Caps should be an honour that is earn't and if someone is prepared to defect then they weren't the right players for us anyway

Those saying Harris was the best player on the pitch, yes he was decent ploughing a lone role up top but did they have the blinkers onto Jack Evans (number 4 in the holding midfield) I thought he was the one Welshman that would have walked into the German team

Ruabon Red 11th September 2019 07.59:07

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2291592]Ffs

We train on a dog shit riddled park field.[/QUOTE]

WAFC first team also trained at Colliers yesterday

les.gtfc 11th September 2019 09.55:14

One of our lads played in this. Midfielder Harry Clifton. Came on as a sub with 15 minutes left I'm told. Not sure how he played in that time though.

stalybridge sheepshagger 11th September 2019 10.26:37

[QUOTE=gobowenred!;2291642]Yeah they where different gravy moved the ball left to right so quickly as for coxe my god amazed how he stayed on but them Germans some outfit[/QUOTE]

The Germans were impressive, - if that lot don't go onto full honours there is something wrong with German football.
Wales - Wrexham tactics, one lone striker up front to punt the ball to.
Germany attack as a unit, defenders backing up the midfield - when they attacked they seemed to have 5 men up front, always a man spare shouting for the ball

Haruki 11th September 2019 10.58:05

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2291693]One of our lads played in this. Midfielder Harry Clifton. Came on as a sub with 15 minutes left I'm told. Not sure how he played in that time though.[/QUOTE]

Can't remember which he was but none of the subs made an impact as the game was long gone by then and the Germans were well in control and generally camped in the Welsh half

oldtimer 11th September 2019 11.31:39

[QUOTE=Foxy;2291622]800 and something.
Wales awful. Harris probably best of them.
It was good to see the Germans finally producing quality that I haven’t seen at the Racecourse for a long while.[/QUOTE]

Managed decline

les.gtfc 11th September 2019 11.59:03

[QUOTE=Haruki;2291708]Can't remember which he was but none of the subs made an impact as the game was long gone by then and the Germans were well in control and generally camped in the Welsh half[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it must be hard coming on as a sub when the game is already as good as over.

Although born and bred locally, he qualifies to play from his Grandparents.

On another note it turns out that our (superb) keeper James McKeown is eligible to play for San Marino as one of his Grandfathers was born there and he's been hoping to get a call up from them. I bloody hope it doesn't happen as that will destroy all the confidence he has!!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.06:44.