RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Boost turnover by £500k? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114492-boost-turnover-%A3500k.html)

Pieman 13th September 2019 16.08:18

Re: Boost turnover by £500k?

[QUOTE=Red Light;2292169]Disagree (partially)

We need people at the helm of the club dragged into the current century with some vision to harness other organisations and drive the place forward - Blackpool's Bloomfield Road stadium is unrecognizable now to it's not so recent past - office space and a hotel linked into it's stands bringing revenue in 7 days a week in addition to the football - in 10 years time we will still be looking at a weed strewn empty kop and laughing at Jonesy's bar where I absolutely 100 % refuse to spend a penny at every home match. You can't even buy a 50 / 50 ticket or a raffle ticket.

Everything has a cost - progress on the field may come with better players but for that we need money - improved facilities and making them available for more than 2 days at most a week might help.

Place is stuck in a time warp - sentiment for season 78 wont get us anywhere (although it's nice to have the memories)[/QUOTE]
Nail on head mate unfortunately

Pieman 13th September 2019 16.09:06

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2292176]Best post I've read on here in awhile.

That's the music they should play at half time the Time warp...
Let's face it that cringey embarrassing Wrexham is the name is a time warp.

I agree the club is going nowhere as we stand these schemes are just simply talk to distract from the latest cock ups.

Remember Spencer and the big recent gateway to Wrexham new stand...that as expected died a death..but a good distraction from our January cock ups...

I notice posters who have not posted before or rarely do suddenly appear when we beat the Mighty Ayr United and the wetting of trousers with excitement at Playing St Mirren kids.... All help take the heat off being 18th in the league with a top footgolf coach.

#excitingtimes
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Nail on head again

Haruki 13th September 2019 17.18:25

If there is no real work going into these initiatives then it begs the question of why the current FC board have not used the two other co-opted board positions to help them? I mean if they are struggling to get everything done why not enlist more help?

Mr Wonderful 13th September 2019 22.15:43

We need people at the helm of the club dragged into the current century with some vision to harness other organisations and drive the place forward - Blackpool's Bloomfield Road stadium is unrecognizable now to it's not so recent past - office space and a hotel linked into it's stands bringing revenue in 7 days a week in addition to the football - in 10 years time we will still be looking at a weed strewn empty kop and laughing at Jonesy's bar where I absolutely 100 % refuse to spend a penny at every home match. You can't even buy a 50 / 50 ticket or a raffle ticket.

Everything has a cost - progress on the field may come with better players but for that we need money - improved facilities and making them available for more than 2 days at most a week might help.

Place is stuck in a time warp - sentiment for season 78 wont get us anywhere (although it's nice to have the memories)[/QUOTE]

We’re gonna get to 2078 & we will still be celebrating that campaign as our best ever season ..... & playing that damn record!

panda23 13th September 2019 22.32:28

Built whilst Blackpool were raking in multi millions from the premier League not really a great comparison for a non league club

pagl 13th September 2019 22.48:45

[QUOTE=panda23;2292294]Built whilst Blackpool were raking in multi millions from the premier League not really a great comparison for a non league team[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of new grounds and stands not built on prem money that counter this so what about them?

As I have posted (once or twice) it’s about structure, strategy and planning.

We wait on regeneration and kop development, now we have another scheme.
Happy to support it as much as possible but some detail rather than summary would be helpful.

Does anyone know what the current 3 year strategy that is mentioned is?

panda23 13th September 2019 23.23:59

[QUOTE=pagl;2292295]There are plenty of new grounds and stands not built on prem money that counter this so what about them?

As I have posted (once or twice) it’s about structure, strategy and planning.

We wait on regeneration and kop development, now we have another scheme.
Happy to support it as much as possible but some detail rather than summary would be helpful.

Does anyone know what the current 3 year strategy that is mentioned is?[/QUOTE]

Do you know many grounds in the National league that have hotels and conference facilities built whilst being a non league club ? Can only remember Telford United having that done and they went bust not long after. I know Chesterfield have conference facilities at their ground but that was built during their league 1 days and the ground cost over £13 million .

pagl 13th September 2019 23.34:29

[QUOTE=panda23;2292308]Do you know many grounds in the National league that have hotels and conference facilities built whilst being a non league club ? Can only remember Telford United having that done and they went bust not long after. I know Chesterfield have conference facilities at their ground but that was built during their league 1 days and the ground cost over £13 million .[/QUOTE]

My thoughts were about being a league club not a NL one but hey! :)

Can someone kidnap the Boreham Wood owner.

pagl 14th September 2019 06.46:02

[QUOTE=Haruki;2292253]If there is no real work going into these initiatives then it begs the question of why the current FC board have not used the two other co-opted board positions to help them? I mean if they are struggling to get everything done why not enlist more help?[/QUOTE]

There should be a working group per initiative. This should come from the WST board plus anyone that can be co-opted onto the football board.
Each group needs a clear structure and strategy to define a plan of action.

Apparently there is a current 3 year one!
Is anyone aware of it, what it deals with and any measures of success?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.05:01.