RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Boost turnover by £500k? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114492-boost-turnover-%A3500k.html)

Haruki 13th September 2019 08.41:41

Boost turnover by £500k?

Have there been any further communications around this that i may have missed? I am only aware of work to the Gold Bond scheme so far

[url]https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/16316704.wrexham-afc-reveal-ambitious-plans-to-boost-club-turnover-by-500000-within-three-years/[/url]

pagl 13th September 2019 09.40:24

Re: Boost turnover by £500k?

[QUOTE=Haruki;2292138]Have there been any further communications around this that i may have missed? I am only aware of work to the Gold Bond scheme so far

[url]https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/16316704.wrexham-afc-reveal-ambitious-plans-to-boost-club-turnover-by-500000-within-three-years/[/url][/QUOTE]

Strategy! You must be kidding. They need to define one first :)

Stadium redevelopment. They need to sort Jonesy’s bar first.

krux 13th September 2019 09.46:08

[QUOTE=Haruki;2292138]Have there been any further communications around this that i may have missed? I am only aware of work to the Gold Bond scheme so far

[url]https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/16316704.wrexham-afc-reveal-ambitious-plans-to-boost-club-turnover-by-500000-within-three-years/[/url][/QUOTE]

Only 2 things will increase turnover by that amount
- progress on the field (an no, that doesn't include the caramel cup)
- something linked to outside investment.

Red Light 13th September 2019 10.07:22

[QUOTE=krux;2292157]Only 2 things will increase turnover by that amount
- progress on the field (an no, that doesn't include the caramel cup)
- something linked to outside investment.[/QUOTE]

Disagree (partially)

We need people at the helm of the club dragged into the current century with some vision to harness other organisations and drive the place forward - Blackpool's Bloomfield Road stadium is unrecognizable now to it's not so recent past - office space and a hotel linked into it's stands bringing revenue in 7 days a week in addition to the football - in 10 years time we will still be looking at a weed strewn empty kop and laughing at Jonesy's bar where I absolutely 100 % refuse to spend a penny at every home match. You can't even buy a 50 / 50 ticket or a raffle ticket.

Everything has a cost - progress on the field may come with better players but for that we need money - improved facilities and making them available for more than 2 days at most a week might help.

Place is stuck in a time warp - sentiment for season 78 wont get us anywhere (although it's nice to have the memories)

John Neals Dynasty 13th September 2019 10.23:18

[QUOTE=Red Light;2292169]Disagree (partially)

We need people at the helm of the club dragged into the current century with some vision to harness other organisations and drive the place forward - Blackpool's Bloomfield Road stadium is unrecognizable now to it's not so recent past - office space and a hotel linked into it's stands bringing revenue in 7 days a week in addition to the football - in 10 years time we will still be looking at a weed strewn empty kop and laughing at Jonesy's bar where I absolutely 100 % refuse to spend a penny at every home match. You can't even buy a 50 / 50 ticket or a raffle ticket.

Everything has a cost - progress on the field may come with better players but for that we need money - improved facilities and making them available for more than 2 days at most a week might help.

Place is stuck in a time warp - sentiment for season 78 wont get us anywhere (although it's nice to have the memories)[/QUOTE]

Best post I've read on here in awhile.

That's the music they should play at half time the Time warp...
Let's face it that cringey embarrassing Wrexham is the name is a time warp.

I agree the club is going nowhere as we stand these schemes are just simply talk to distract from the latest cock ups.

Remember Spencer and the big recent gateway to Wrexham new stand...that as expected died a death..but a good distraction from our January cock ups...

I notice posters who have not posted before or rarely do suddenly appear when we beat the Mighty Ayr United and the wetting of trousers with excitement at Playing St Mirren kids.... All help take the heat off being 18th in the league with a top footgolf coach.

#excitingtimes
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

krux 13th September 2019 10.29:16

Place is stuck in a time warp - sentiment for season 78 wont get us anywhere (although it's nice to have the memories)[/QUOTE]

we're not going to increase turnover by £500k by selling more 50:50. Blackpool is a good example, but I presume that was funded with outside investment.

Ooh aah Paskin 13th September 2019 11.03:45

Good post.

Birdy 13th September 2019 12.50:15

The way things are going turnover is going to go down not up!

Foxy 13th September 2019 12.53:24

[QUOTE=Birdy;2292206]The way things are going turnover is going to go down not up![/QUOTE]

Apart from Managerial turnover. That’s hitting record growth

Pieman 13th September 2019 16.08:18

Nail on head mate unfortunately

Pieman 13th September 2019 16.09:06

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2292176]Best post I've read on here in awhile.

That's the music they should play at half time the Time warp...
Let's face it that cringey embarrassing Wrexham is the name is a time warp.

I agree the club is going nowhere as we stand these schemes are just simply talk to distract from the latest cock ups.

Remember Spencer and the big recent gateway to Wrexham new stand...that as expected died a death..but a good distraction from our January cock ups...

I notice posters who have not posted before or rarely do suddenly appear when we beat the Mighty Ayr United and the wetting of trousers with excitement at Playing St Mirren kids.... All help take the heat off being 18th in the league with a top footgolf coach.

#excitingtimes
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Nail on head again

Haruki 13th September 2019 17.18:25

If there is no real work going into these initiatives then it begs the question of why the current FC board have not used the two other co-opted board positions to help them? I mean if they are struggling to get everything done why not enlist more help?

Mr Wonderful 13th September 2019 22.15:43

We’re gonna get to 2078 & we will still be celebrating that campaign as our best ever season ..... & playing that damn record!

panda23 13th September 2019 22.32:28

Built whilst Blackpool were raking in multi millions from the premier League not really a great comparison for a non league club

pagl 13th September 2019 22.48:45

[QUOTE=panda23;2292294]Built whilst Blackpool were raking in multi millions from the premier League not really a great comparison for a non league team[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of new grounds and stands not built on prem money that counter this so what about them?

As I have posted (once or twice) it’s about structure, strategy and planning.

We wait on regeneration and kop development, now we have another scheme.
Happy to support it as much as possible but some detail rather than summary would be helpful.

Does anyone know what the current 3 year strategy that is mentioned is?

panda23 13th September 2019 23.23:59

[QUOTE=pagl;2292295]There are plenty of new grounds and stands not built on prem money that counter this so what about them?

As I have posted (once or twice) it’s about structure, strategy and planning.

We wait on regeneration and kop development, now we have another scheme.
Happy to support it as much as possible but some detail rather than summary would be helpful.

Does anyone know what the current 3 year strategy that is mentioned is?[/QUOTE]

Do you know many grounds in the National league that have hotels and conference facilities built whilst being a non league club ? Can only remember Telford United having that done and they went bust not long after. I know Chesterfield have conference facilities at their ground but that was built during their league 1 days and the ground cost over £13 million .

pagl 13th September 2019 23.34:29

[QUOTE=panda23;2292308]Do you know many grounds in the National league that have hotels and conference facilities built whilst being a non league club ? Can only remember Telford United having that done and they went bust not long after. I know Chesterfield have conference facilities at their ground but that was built during their league 1 days and the ground cost over £13 million .[/QUOTE]

My thoughts were about being a league club not a NL one but hey! :)

Can someone kidnap the Boreham Wood owner.

pagl 14th September 2019 06.46:02

[QUOTE=Haruki;2292253]If there is no real work going into these initiatives then it begs the question of why the current FC board have not used the two other co-opted board positions to help them? I mean if they are struggling to get everything done why not enlist more help?[/QUOTE]

There should be a working group per initiative. This should come from the WST board plus anyone that can be co-opted onto the football board.
Each group needs a clear structure and strategy to define a plan of action.

Apparently there is a current 3 year one!
Is anyone aware of it, what it deals with and any measures of success?

pagl 14th September 2019 06.49:30

It would be interesting to know how many staunch WST supporters were not in Goldline and why. Doubt they would tell us.

Or even a poll on here of RP users. This now goes towards COE and is therefore a huge strategic item.

noisy1 14th September 2019 07.10:42

[QUOTE=pagl;2292323]There should be a working group per initiative. This should come from the WST board plus anyone that can be co-opted onto the football board.
Each group needs a clear structure and strategy to define a plan of action.

[B]Apparently there is a current 3 year one!
Is anyone aware of it, what it deals with and any measures of success?[/B][/QUOTE]

That's the thing, the press article is from June 2018 so we are already a third of the way into the 3 year plan. Not many people are aware of its existence nevermind what has been set out or achieved so far.

To quote Spencer Harris

"You have got to aim for something,"

"Some of the plans are more developed than others but we are going to need support from the membership and skills of the membership to help us deliver it."

"But everyone pulling in the right direction, we believe it is possible."

How can we do this unless we know what the plan is? And what is required?

The next announcement on the Gateway development is supposedly coming in the autumn, hopefully that will be released soon.

andy buckley 14th September 2019 07.11:34

[QUOTE=pagl;229232

Apparently there is a current 3 year one!
Is anyone aware of it, what it deals with and any measures of success?[/QUOTE]

According to the governing board and operational board policy released in May 2019 as part of the strategy key performance indicators should be reported to the membership at the AGM and at the half yearly/3 times annual report. Presumably around December would be the next release of any info as the AGM was in June.
No idea if this includes an update on the 3 year initiative?

pagl 14th September 2019 07.47:18

[QUOTE=noisy1;2292326]How can we do this unless we know what the plan is?[/QUOTE]

You can’t have a plan without a strategy otherwise what are you planning for?

noisy1 14th September 2019 07.55:33

[QUOTE=pagl;2292333]You can’t have a plan without a strategy otherwise what are you planning for?[/QUOTE]

Call it what you like, plan, strategy, policy. If they want our help, let us know what is needed!

pagl 14th September 2019 11.49:14

[QUOTE=noisy1;2292335]Call it what you like, plan, strategy, policy. If they want our help, let us know what is needed![/QUOTE]

You have to have both. First a strategy and then a plan that's my point.

You can't have just 1.

noisy1 14th September 2019 13.20:15

[QUOTE=pagl;2292363]You have to have both. First a strategy and then a plan that's my point.

You can't have just 1.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps we need a Roadmap? Or Pathway? 😀

fezbob 14th September 2019 14.27:13

Seem to recall there have been a few of these 'revenue boosting' drives which are launched with great aplomb but never seem to be followed through. The fact is the club is highly reliant on fan income, especially with no gigs taking place last summer, and really needs to diversify.

pagl 14th September 2019 14.27:26

[QUOTE=noisy1;2292370]Perhaps we need a Roadmap? Or Pathway? 😀[/QUOTE]

There we go. Now your thinking right.
So what is the roadmap and then what’s our plan to achieve it. The plan being the tasks.

Rob Edwards 14th September 2019 14.49:18

[QUOTE=fezbob;2292378]Seem to recall there have been a few of these 'revenue boosting' drives which are launched with great aplomb but never seem to be followed through. The fact is the club is highly reliant on fan income, especially with no gigs taking place last summer, and really needs to diversify.[/QUOTE]

The amount of quality acts Venue Cymru attracts surely the Racecourse can too if sufficient work done.

Corner Flag 14th September 2019 15.10:19

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2292380]The amount of quality acts Venue Cymru attracts surely the Racecourse can too if sufficient work done.[/QUOTE]

Last 4 words says it all !

RHYLRED 14th September 2019 15.23:39

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2292380]The amount of quality acts Venue Cymru attracts surely the Racecourse can too if sufficient work done.[/QUOTE]

Slightly different as Venue Cymru is an indoor arena.

pagl 14th September 2019 15.38:12

It's about making time to do the bookings. Venue Cymru will employ people for this. We have volunteers. That's the difference.

They have lives outside the club as well.

Hightown Brymbo Red 14th September 2019 16.15:59

Usual spin tripe from the board.All talk no action

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.17:48.