Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th September 2019, 18.57:44   #100-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Pearson interview on BT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sionwxm View Post
Has anyone got a video of this interview?
I was at the match yesterday - have since watched the BT Sport full recording of the match and post match interviews.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about - the interview was short and covered firstly a Sutton player then Pearson in which he made mention of the number of second balls not won.

I think too many people are making wild inferences of what his comments meant - if your craving for a mind blowing controversial interview I can confirm all you will get is a small chat.

From Pearson's point of view I don't think his body language and words spoken were anything which you wouldn't have expected - no doubt frustrated not to have won and with the poor run we are on. In contrast the Sutton player and his manager were disappointed not to have hung on for the 3 points. However, despite the game being a borefest and them taking the lead we came back stronger and could have won it in the end - it seems we need to go a goal down before we grab a game by the scruff of the neck and instill some urgency in our play. Sutton travelled up on the train (no overnight stay) and were full of inexperienced players with some carrying injuries especially near the end - killer instinct is missing.
Old 15th September 2019, 19.02:26   #101-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
I was at the match yesterday - have since watched the BT Sport full recording of the match and post match interviews.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about - the interview was short and covered firstly a Sutton player then Pearson in which he made mention of the number of second balls not won.

I think too many people are making wild inferences of what his comments meant - if your craving for a mind blowing controversial interview I can confirm all you will get is a small chat.

From Pearson's point of view I don't think his body language and words spoken were anything which you wouldn't have expected - no doubt frustrated not to have won and with the poor run we are on. In contrast the Sutton player and his manager were disappointed not to have hung on for the 3 points. However, despite the game being a borefest and them taking the lead we came back stronger and could have won it in the end - it seems we need to go a goal down before we grab a game by the scruff of the neck and instill some urgency in our play. Sutton travelled up on the train (no overnight stay) and were full of inexperienced players with some carrying injuries especially near the end - killer instinct is missing.
They should be disappointed, I am positive it was over the line when ‘the best number 2 in the league’ flapped like a fairy at another one. While I am on this subject Dibble is an utter disaster, I was absolutely hammered last season and this pre season for pointing out his many flaws he is worse than Coughlin.
Old 15th September 2019, 19.18:35   #102-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

[QUOTE=Red Light;2293607]I was at the match yesterday - have since watched the BT Sport full recording of the match and post match interviews/QUOTE]

You watched it again 😭😭
Old 15th September 2019, 19.23:11   #103-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
They should be disappointed, I am positive it was over the line when ‘the best number 2 in the league’ flapped like a fairy at another one. While I am on this subject Dibble is an utter disaster, I was absolutely hammered last season and this pre season for pointing out his many flaws he is worse than Coughlin.
He's waited in the wings for a long time but when the chance has come he isn't doing anything to justify his selection. No doubt his confidence is low and decision making questionable - second half he made two strange punch like clearances when it looked a simple matter of catching the ball. However, same as the Stockport match a critical lapse in handling which this time he got away with - perhaps he's one of those keepers who cannot remain fully focused for a whole 90 minutes and suffers from poor concentration - eye to ball responses are erratic and its not necessarily when he is under pressure.

But Lainton wont be back anytime soon so what's the alternative ?
Give Szczpaniak a go or stick with Dibble ?
Bye pass both of them and bring in a loanee keeper ? which would be an admission that despite having 3 keepers at the club we don't think two are up to the job.

Good ball handling and the ability to distribute the ball and come and claim it gives the defence a massive confidence boost - perhaps they don't feel that way at the moment.
Old 15th September 2019, 19.31:36   #104-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
He's waited in the wings for a long time but when the chance has come he isn't doing anything to justify his selection. No doubt his confidence is low and decision making questionable - second half he made two strange punch like clearances when it looked a simple matter of catching the ball. However, same as the Stockport match a critical lapse in handling which this time he got away with - perhaps he's one of those keepers who cannot remain fully focused for a whole 90 minutes and suffers from poor concentration - eye to ball responses are erratic and its not necessarily when he is under pressure.

But Lainton wont be back anytime soon so what's the alternative ?
Give Szczpaniak a go or stick with Dibble ?
Bye pass both of them and bring in a loanee keeper ? which would be an admission that despite having 3 keepers at the club we don't think two are up to the job.

Good ball handling and the ability to distribute the ball and come and claim it gives the defence a massive confidence boost - perhaps they don't feel that way at the moment.
Loan keeper in my eyes, who cares if it shatters Dibble’s confidence as football is a results business and he’s costing us much needed points so we need to be ruthless.
Old 15th September 2019, 19.33:25   #105-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2293615]
Quote:
I was at the match yesterday - have since watched the BT Sport full recording of the match and post match interviews/QUOTE]

You watched it again ����
Just the last 10 minutes - the goal and the Bobby Grant incident plus the interviews.

Couldn't watch the first half - recordings of that should be given out by the NHS instead of sleeping pills for insomnia.
Old 15th September 2019, 19.57:29   #106-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
He’s played like a pub player all season, responsible for more goals than anyone. Looks like he can barely move anymore.
Looked good in our uktra defensive system and now being exposed for pace with more space on the pitch
Old 15th September 2019, 20.03:41   #107-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

To think Steve Cooper was interested in the job. Take a look at what he is doing with Swansea
Old 15th September 2019, 20.04:40   #108-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
That's just not true though.
Started 21 games out of 49.

Wasn't injured or suspended at all that season. Made a couple of time wasting appearances as a sub coming on in the 90th+ minute

From 10th November until the end of the season he only made 6 starts for Grimsby - two of them were the last two nothing games at the end of the season

In the playoffs:

First leg - Didn't play
Second leg - Came on in the 113th minute
Final - Came on in the 96th minute

Tell me again how it isn't true?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.07:33.