RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Hughes and Harris out (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114500-hughes-harris-out.html)

pagl 15th September 2019 07.31:36

Re: Hughes and Harris out

[QUOTE=REDJB;2293240]Last two home games have been at least 1000 down. At £20 a ticket, there's your wage for the CEO. Haven't included money the 2000 missing would spend on catering and the like.[/QUOTE]

Sadly and it pains me but the crowd bubble has burst unless results and performances improve.
2,100 STs was a really great pre-season but the budget set at 4,200 relied on the pay on the gate and that was always going to be a big ask with January still unanswered, goals a problem and underwhelming summer recruitment.

Most fans knew BH was a very strange appointment, bourne out of necessity rather than planning. Even now I ask myself how/why did this happen. I have my theories as I am sure many others do.
Was he a better choice than say Kevin Russell for instance.

Hats off to the STs who I think rallied round to back the club in the face of criticism.

It’s now about the timing of the decision and not the decision itself.

BertieDragon 15th September 2019 07.34:00

[QUOTE=pagl;2293250]It’s now about the timing of the decision and not the decision itself.[/QUOTE]

Spot on

redinsaudi 15th September 2019 07.52:12

The sad part is that Spencer’s ego is bigger than his love for the club. He won’t go. Any man with a rip of decency would have explained January and then offered to resign. He did neither and is single handedly piloting our club to relegation.

redone 15th September 2019 07.52:27

[QUOTE=Geordielad;2292979]It's ok saying Hughes out and i would not disagree with that but all the stick Spencer has I am surprised he has not walked and would not blame him. If he did the club would be in a sorry state as who would replace him working hours and hours for the club free of charge as well as holding down a full time job. Just remember this when giving him shit in less you have the know how to do his job here ( for nothing),[/QUOTE]

Apart from all the power and ego tripping, he gets paid nothing to do a job that is possibly the most important at the club, we need a paid full time person to do it, sentiment and nodding fodder will only get you so far.get rid now

Prodigal Dragon 15th September 2019 07.55:52

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2293261]The sad part is that Spencer’s ego is bigger than his love for the club. He won’t go. Any man with a rip of decency would have explained January and then offered to resign. He did neither and is single handedly piloting our club to relegation.[/QUOTE]

If this is so, then the onus is on Pete Jones, the WST Chairman, to ask Spencer Harris to step down.

Foxy 15th September 2019 07.59:02

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2293265]If this is so, then the onus is on Pete Jones, the WST Chairman, to ask Spencer Harris to step down.[/QUOTE]

No chance of that then, he is another who needs to find something else to do.

Prodigal Dragon 15th September 2019 08.03:46

[QUOTE=pagl;2293250]Sadly and it pains me but the crowd bubble has burst unless results and performances improve.
2,100 STs was a really great pre-season but the budget set at 4,200 relied on the pay on the gate and that was always going to be a big ask with January still unanswered, goals a problem and underwhelming summer recruitment.

Most fans knew BH was a very strange appointment, bourne out of necessity rather than planning. Even now I ask myself how/why did this happen. I have my theories as I am sure many others do.
Was he a better choice than say Kevin Russell for instance.

Hats off to the STs who I think rallied round to back the club in the face of criticism.

It’s now about the timing of the decision and not the decision itself.[/QUOTE]

It's the prospect of our finances imploding that has convinced me that neither BH nor CD deserve any more time at the helm. We have no 'sugar daddy', just a load of bitter and frustrated fans who are beginning to lose interest.

That loss of support must be arrested now. Only winning football will do that. But do the Board and WST Chairman have the wisdom to recognize they are now part of the problem and not the solution?

If we blow these 2 difficult but winnable away games, followed by a winnable home game, September will witness the end of the club as we know it without radical change at the top. Very sad it has come to this, but club before WST and current manager.

Connolly 15th September 2019 08.07:28

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2293261]The sad part is that Spencer’s ego is bigger than his love for the club. He won’t go. Any man with a rip of decency would have explained January and then offered to resign. He did neither and is single handedly piloting our club to relegation.[/QUOTE]

Why didn’t you raise any of these concerns when your mate Gary Mills was pissing money up the wall?

NedStarksGhost 15th September 2019 08.10:23

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2293273]It's the prospect of our finances imploding that has convinced me that neither BH nor CD deserve any more time at the helm. We have no 'sugar daddy', just a load of bitter and frustrated fans who are beginning to lose interest.

That loss of support must be arrested now. Only winning football will do that. But do the Board and WST Chairman have the wisdom to recognize they are now part of the problem and not the solution?

If we blow these 2 difficult but winnable away games, followed by a winnable home game, September will witness the end of the club as we know it without radical change at the top. Very sad it has come to this, but club before WST and current manager.[/QUOTE]

If the board act now and show intent I think that'll win a fair few the fans back again provided they have an overhaul of the management.

What's worrying me is they may (and probably will I think) take the stance of "stick with the manager" and come out with "we believe Hughes is the right man for the job". At which point, the board will lose the majority of people left who were giving them support.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.08:24.