RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Hughes and Harris out (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114500-hughes-harris-out.html)

Foxy 15th September 2019 08.12:21

Re: Hughes and Harris out

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2293276]If the board act now and show intent I think that'll win a fair few the fans back again provided they have an overhaul of the management.

What's worrying me is they may (and probably will I think) take the stance of "stick with the manager" and come out with "we believe Hughes is the right man for the job". At which point, the board will lose the majority of people left who were giving them support.[/QUOTE]

If the Board lose the majority of the only supporters they have left, that will probably leave them with less than five.

shetred 15th September 2019 08.14:46

The fans owned model worked for saving the club in its hour of need, it also stabilised the club financially and has taken that worry away so again it worked for that element.

What can't be argued with is the model NOT working on the pitch - you can't​ have a volunteer as a CEO in any organisation, it just doesn't work. You can't expect a civilian to make executive decisions to hire top positions if they haven't got the experience to back that decisions up.

Imagine Liverpool sticking a club fan at CEO level?, It would be akin to letting you or I fly a jumbo jet, we wouldn't have a clue where to begin.

Monday should if Frank Spencer & Co have a shred or morality see the mass resignation of the board, the firing of Darlington, Hughes and all their backroom staff, get an experienced CEO in on salary, football orientated one at that, and get a proper manager in, not a novice or ex player, but someone who can actually command respect and know how to win football matches with this shower we have now. I say that because we are stuck with these very limited dare I say crap players, who are going to have to be coached properly through the long winter until the next transfer window. When we reach there we have to make changes on that side of things.

We are in huge trouble, the good ship is taking on water and radical action is required top to bottom or this club WILL be playing Conference North next season make no bones about it.

NedStarksGhost 15th September 2019 08.16:23

[QUOTE=Foxy;2293277]If the Board lose the majority of the only supporters they have left, that will probably leave them with less than five.[/QUOTE]

I said I'd have confidence in them if they hire someone as director of football. If they don't sack Hughes and Darlington now, then I take that back as well.

It's pretty obvious now what needs to be done. If they don't act, then as far as I'm concerned it's clearer than ever they just aren't up to the job, they're too stubborn and arrogant or just plain naive. Either way isn't good.

Prodigal Dragon 15th September 2019 08.22:19

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2293276]If the board act now and show intent I think that'll win a fair few the fans back again provided they have an overhaul of the management.

What's worrying me is they may (and probably will I think) take the stance of "stick with the manager" and come out with "we believe Hughes is the right man for the job". At which point, the board will lose the majority of people left who were giving them support.[/QUOTE]

I do not know the internal politics that many on here claim to know about.

What I am interested in is that the Board does its job. Sadly, for whatever reason, the players clearly do not believe in the BH and CD partnership, and we are going through the motions -- and doing that badly. I have some sympathy for them both but that sympathy has now run out. The survival of Wrexham AFC is paramount, hence BH and CD must be put on 'gardening leave' now, and the Board must ask someone who understands what is required of a football manager of our club to find 2 candidates for the Board to appoint their preferred option -- they must look at finances etc. The Board also needs to resolve how much pay-off BH and CD are entitled to.

Everybody f*cks up at some point. The Board did so after Ricketts left. What they must not do is prevaricate because they fear the consequences of sacking their latest appointment. The gross failure of duty will be if they fail to act quickly, decisively and with some dignity. It is their mess; they must clear it up now, before it is too late.:guitarist:

Inside Left 15th September 2019 08.37:22

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2293282]I do not know the internal politics that many on here claim to know about.

What I am interested in is that the Board does its job. Sadly, for whatever reason, the players clearly do not believe in the BH and CD partnership, and we are going through the motions -- and doing that badly. I have some sympathy for them both but that sympathy has now run out. The survival of Wrexham AFC is paramount, hence BH and CD must be put on 'gardening leave' now, and the Board must ask someone who understands what is required of a football manager of our club to find 2 candidates for the Board to appoint their preferred option -- they must look at finances etc. The Board also needs to resolve how much pay-off BH and CD are entitled to.

Everybody f*cks up at some point. The Board did so after Ricketts left. What they must not do is prevaricate because they fear the consequences of sacking their latest appointment. The gross failure of duty will be if they fail to act quickly, decisively and with some dignity. It is their mess; they must clear it up now, before it is too late.:guitarist:[/QUOTE]

Prodigal - If I am correct the team have 3 key games ahead against lowly opposition plus perhaps an FA cup match. I would think you might see a recovery once the board have business like words with the management - or - the writing is on the wall so to speak.

aussiejackoinsaudi 15th September 2019 08.38:43

I believe the board must have given Hughes and others contracts where there are cheap get out clauses. If not they're more stupid / naive than what I thought. The clear out should happen tomorrow. If not, relegation here we come.

Prodigal Dragon 15th September 2019 09.01:10

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2293290]Prodigal - If I am correct the team have 3 key games ahead against lowly opposition plus perhaps an FA cup match. I would think you might see a recovery once the board have business like words with the management - or - the writing is on the wall so to speak.[/QUOTE]

Before yesterday, I too thought the same but yesterday’s inept performance, plus the reaction of the crowd — lower gate and level of boos and chants — highlighted the plight we are in.

Unlike some, I do think we have more quality up front, but our lack of quality in the midfield has not been addressed.

I am sure BH is aware that his performance to date is unsatisfactory, and must improve substantially. But if the players do not believe in the manager and coaches — which seems to be so — then the game is up. One could argue that some senior players hold too much sway, but that is when a good, experienced manager uses his skills and weigh of personality to convince most players that he is the boss, and he has the solutions. BH seems unable to make that leap; hence he and CD become ineffective.

Finally, I do think the players need to shoulder some of the responsibility for where we are, but we cannot get rid of them and start again. Hence BH had a great opportunity in the summer to really get a grip of things but, by keeping 3 or 4 too many players he created his own cross to bear. BH might be a footballing genius, but his lack of experience and confidence has found him out before he had the opportunity to develop. Football is a tough business; without Lady Luck you struggle. And, sadly, she doesn’t like BH or Wrexham AFC at the moment!

redinsaudi 15th September 2019 09.08:28

[QUOTE=Connolly;2293275]Why didn’t you raise any of these concerns when your mate Gary Mills was pissing money up the wall?[/QUOTE]

He was no mate of mine but I wanted him here, that’s true. Turns out he did a shit job so we got rid of him. I didn’t raise concerns about underhanded buffoonery, countless managerial appointments without foundations and ego trips because it wasn’t happening then.

mold road trendy 15th September 2019 09.18:38

[QUOTE=Nibs;2292813]The whole lot should go. How can the happy clappers defend this boardxand management team now??? FFS[/QUOTE]

Spot on

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.18:35.