RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Hughes and Harris out (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114500-hughes-harris-out.html)

NedStarksGhost 14th September 2019 19.13:30

Re: Hughes and Harris out

[QUOTE=welshgrunt;2292865]Hughes post match interview in highlights show. Oh dear !
* Our fans are fantastic. We're a fans owned club.
* They expect to see us winning games... which is great. Especially here, as our record over the last 18 months or so has been fantastic.
* But if we're not winning games, it can turn quite quickly... that's where we're at at the moment.
* We're in this little rut... that's no win in 6 now
* But yeah... the fans have been great so far
* We need them to keep pushing with us
* With regard to how it affects the players... like I said ... they're human... it will affect them
* What I need to do is manage them so it doesn't affect them... we need them to be on top of their game right from minute 1

So inspiring.... Not ![/QUOTE]

What worried me more was the commentary claiming it hasn't been that bad of a run. I'm sure there's logic behind it but you can't really say that when we are in our current position.

richard1 14th September 2019 19.36:47

Say Darlo manages to persuade the football amateurs who claim to run the Club to get rid of BH, it would not surprise me to see Darlo's old TNS buddy, Craig Harrison to come here. He has a wonderful pedigree, lasted 1/2 season at Hartlepool at the beginning of the last season.

dixienormous 14th September 2019 19.38:07

[QUOTE=richard1;2292912]Say Darlo manages to persuade the football amateurs who claim to run the Club to get rid of BH, it would not surprise me to see Darlo's old TNS buddy, Craig Harrison to come here. He has a wonderful pedigree, lasted 1/2 season at Hartlepool at the beginning of the last season.[/QUOTE]

A better CV than Hughes has and he's a clown.

Halkynred 14th September 2019 19.38:51

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2292765]Darlington as well.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, not brought nothing in his 3 seasons.
This tin pot management wouldn’t happen in any other club
Clean sweep required.

Halkynred 14th September 2019 19.46:56

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2292818]They cant. But there will be some who say "at least we have a club" etc[/QUOTE]

Happy clappers need to take a reality check, this is a disaster of epic proportion.
The league doesn’t lie, we are on an all time low.

BH & CD are out of their depth - the shape of that team today was embarrassing
No passion until the last ten minutes, same as the Maidenhead game

moynkeepthefaith 14th September 2019 19.59:01

[QUOTE=Halkynred;2292932]Happy clappers need to take a reality check, this is a disaster of epic proportion.
The league doesn’t lie, we are on an all time low.

BH & CD are out of their depth - the shape of that team today was embarrassing
No passion until the last ten minutes, same as the Maidenhead game[/QUOTE]

It appears I am classed as a happy clapper so I feel duty bound to comment.
Firstly I am happy that we have a club and will always be indebted to those who fought the Hamilton era so brilliantly - I’m struggling to see any problem with that.
Off the field we have achieved much but on the field we are clearly struggling and I believe it’s time for god the Flynn god the Hughes and god the Darlington to go. That means we have this time recruited badly and the board are under pressure and due process should follow.
I’m sure nobody cares but just personally if the club were to be put up for sale that would not work for me.

Geordielad 14th September 2019 20.06:21

It's ok saying Hughes out and i would not disagree with that but all the stick Spencer has I am surprised he has not walked and would not blame him. If he did the club would be in a sorry state as who would replace him working hours and hours for the club free of charge as well as holding down a full time job. Just remember this when giving him shit in less you have the know how to do his job here ( for nothing),

sparky 14th September 2019 20.18:08

[QUOTE=Geordielad;2292979]It's ok saying Hughes out and i would not disagree with that but all the stick Spencer has I am surprised he has not walked and would not blame him. If he did the club would be in a sorry state as who would replace him working hours and hours for the club free of charge as well as holding down a full time job. Just remember this when giving him shit in less you have the know how to do his job here ( for nothing),[/QUOTE]

Just a thought, and call me old fashioned, but maybe, we could employ someone. I know, ground breaking isn't it?

Deeside Dragon 14th September 2019 20.25:13

The decks need to be well and truly cleared with fresh ideas from outside. Hughes should go although I've nothing against him personally Darlington and Harris have even more to answer for.

I think Hughes will stay for now but as we've got 3 matches against sides below us. The rest of September is critical, a poor return and surely the writing will be on the wall and the penny will have to drop

moynkeepthefaith 14th September 2019 20.27:51

[QUOTE=sparky;2292993]Just a thought, and call me old fashioned, but maybe, we could employ someone. I know, ground breaking isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Not groundbreaking but obviously with a cost impact. If I was spencer I would walk.

dixienormous 14th September 2019 20.29:25

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2293005]Not groundbreaking but obviously with a cost impact. If I was spencer I would walk.[/QUOTE]

" I never pray but tonight I'm on my knees "

Lets hope to god he does the right thing, along with Mills.

standman 14th September 2019 20.31:10

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2293005]Not groundbreaking but obviously with a cost impact. If I was spencer I would walk.[/QUOTE]

He won’t walk because he thinks it’s his club not ours but this is all his fault, the others all follow him like sheep. Not one back bone on the board.

Foxy 14th September 2019 20.32:12

It would be staggering if he didn’t. Unfortunately there seems to be an arrogance there which Might lead him to cling on.

Lets Av A Riot 14th September 2019 20.32:54

[QUOTE=flynhater;2292854]Unfortunately Spencer has to go to, it is his reluctance to go for an experienced Manager. That means time after time we go for Rookies that dont answer back. The Cheaper option to although the way we go through them it probably works out even dearer.[/QUOTE]

yes because inexperienced managers DONT work....

im so glad we managed to get rid of Ricketts and Keates,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....

Before they got us relegated.as both of them were unexperienced in the FL or our league... or below

REDJB 14th September 2019 20.34:15

Carl Darlington �� said it for years. Useless

I'm hoping he gets Osians job at the coaching course school. He won't be allowed to have one day off doing that.

Vorporix 14th September 2019 20.34:25

[QUOTE=standman;2293009]He won’t walk because he thinks it’s his club not ours but this is all his fault, the others all follow him like sheep. Not one back bone on the board.[/QUOTE]

Mistakes have been made by the board but this is an unfair comment...I'm sure he doesn't think it is his club beyond being a supporter like everyone else.

Lets Av A Riot 14th September 2019 20.35:09

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2292839]Call yourself a fan #Hughesin[/QUOTE]

Im normally optomistic and have faith in the squad and management team and i always want to give them time,,, but although he has recruited well and has some decent players at his disposal. they either dont want to play for him and he has lost the dressing room completely.. or he doesnt have a clue on how to get the best out of them.. either way... sadly... we have to consider letting him go

standman 14th September 2019 20.37:22

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2293016]Mistakes have been made by the board but this is an unfair comment...I'm sure he doesn't think it is his club beyond being a supporter like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

One of current board members has said to me, it needs changes the others lap everything up he wants and no one challenges him.

stalybridge sheepshagger 14th September 2019 20.37:58

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2292779]National North next season anyone?[/QUOTE]

Look on the bright side, less travelling!

flynhater 14th September 2019 20.38:05

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2293013]yes because inexperienced managers DONT work....

im so glad we managed to get rid of Ricketts and Keates,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....

Before they got us relegated.as both of them were unexperienced in the FL or our league... or below[/QUOTE]

Whoa hold on tiger under Keates everyone was saying it was worst football we had played for years, I will concede the defence was good. As for Sammy the Snake ask the Shrews fans what they think of him.

Lets Av A Riot 14th September 2019 20.39:50

[QUOTE=sparky;2292993]Just a thought, and call me old fashioned, but maybe, we could employ someone. I know, ground breaking isn't it?[/QUOTE]

lose-lose for the club if that was to happen.. as IF that didnt work out.. the board would get slated for wasting money on said vacancy!

Foxy 14th September 2019 20.41:15

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2293016]Mistakes have been made by the board but this is an unfair comment...I'm sure he doesn't think it is his club beyond being a supporter like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

He does, he thinks he is Owain Glyndwr leading some sort of nationalist romantic battle against the imperialism of English privately owned clubs,

dixienormous 14th September 2019 20.44:15

[QUOTE=Foxy;2293027]He does, he thinks he is Owain Glyndwr leading some sort of nationalist romantic battle against the imperialism of English privately owned clubs,[/QUOTE]

Is this another " I walked into a pub in Caernarfon and everyone started speaking Welsh " moment Foxy?

I get it, most of our fanbase like the most of Wales, don't speak the language(which doesn't make them less of a Welsh person by the way) but a minority like myself do, daily with every member of my family and friends. It was here before the English tried to kill it, and it's still alive today unlike many other celtic languages, get over it.

Lets Av A Riot 14th September 2019 20.46:52

[QUOTE=flynhater;2293022]Whoa hold on tiger under Keates everyone was saying it was worst football we had played for years, I will concede the defence was good. As for Sammy the Snake ask the Shrews fans what they think of him.[/QUOTE]

Keates.... left us, was it 2nd in the league ? with 6 games to go ? or something like that.

Ricketts also left us in a very strong position in the league also...

the fact ricketts may not be liked by shrews fans.. or that keates failed at wallsall is irellivent as the fact is... both were new to managing (i discount ricketts management of wolves youngsters as its different kettle of fish to adult mens football)

basiclly both done well for us.. with no experience.. so to me the fact some fans want Harris gone for signing a reletivly new manager with little experience.. to me is just moaners looking for a scapegoat. yes Harris may of made mistakes.. (im fairly certain we alll do at some point as we are only human) . we may make a bad error of judgement..

but the way some of our fans abuse him... for the time and effort he puts into the club.. to me is unwarrented and uncalled for.

wasnt too long ago half the forum on here was up in arms because a section of our fans chanted to the boreham wood pyshio to get her wobbly bits out.... and loads on here said it was out of order.

yet some of the abuse ive seen typed at and about hughes is way over the top

Vorporix 14th September 2019 20.48:20

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2293030]Is this another " I walked into a pub in Caernarfon and everyone started speaking Welsh " moment Foxy?[/QUOTE]

It happened to me once. But my attempt to converse with them in welsh, which consists of a long list of monotonous stock phrases made them laugh so much they all spoke English to me :)

Jaded 14th September 2019 20.50:42

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2293023]lose-lose for the club if that was to happen.. as IF that didnt work out.. the board would get slated for wasting money on said vacancy![/QUOTE]

Lose-lose suggests there’s no potential it could work out. Do you think the board are completely incapable of identifying and appointing a competent CEO?

pagl 14th September 2019 20.53:43

LAAR,
What did you think of the quality of performance today. Genuinely.

standman 14th September 2019 20.53:52

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2293031]

basiclly both done well for us.. with no experience.. so to me the fact some fans want Harris gone for signing a reletivly new manager with little experience.. to me is just moaners looking for a scapegoat. yes Harris may of made mistakes.. (im fairly certain we alll do at some point as we are only human) . we may make a bad error of judgement..
[/QUOTE]

This is not just a mistake, BH shows zero management or leadership skills. There is no way BH had impressed at any interview, he has a terrible record in management having managed 5 and lost all five games before being sacked. This appointment can not be defended in any way, it should be explained how on earth he ever got the position in the first place.

Lets Av A Riot 14th September 2019 20.55:08

[QUOTE=Jaded;2293035]Lose-lose suggests there’s no potential it could work out. Do you think the board are completely incapable of identifying and appointing a competent CEO?[/QUOTE]

Gary Mills was considered competant and experienced enough.. and played the right style of football we "thought" we get us promoted...

we all know how that ended.. arguably one of our worst managers since we been down here.

my point being.. wether considered competant or not.. experienced or not.. paid salary or work for free.. doesnt matter what the job is.. hiring somebody can be . shall be and always will be a risk... with no guarentee of success.

Inside Left 14th September 2019 20.57:45

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2293032]It happened to me once. But my attempt to converse with them in welsh, which consists of a long list of monotonous stock phrases made them laugh so much they all spoke English to me :)[/QUOTE]

Last pub I went into in that town seemed full of Liverpudlians.

REDJB 14th September 2019 20.59:48

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2293041]Gary Mills was considered competant and experienced enough.. and played the right style of football we "thought" we get us promoted...

we all know how that ended.. arguably one of our worst managers since we been down here.

my point being.. wether considered competant or not.. experienced or not.. paid salary or work for free.. doesnt matter what the job is.. hiring somebody can be . shall be and always will be a risk... with no guarentee of success.[/QUOTE]

Mills played some of the best passing football I've seen at this level. Not sure what happened with him after such a good start.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 14th September 2019 20.59:49

[QUOTE=REDJB;2293014]Carl Darlington �� said it for years. Useless

I'm hoping he gets Osians job at the coaching course school. He won't be allowed to have one day off doing that.[/QUOTE]

He wont get anywhere near that job, far better internal candidates.

They'll put 2 and 2 together too, unlike our board.

Lets Av A Riot 14th September 2019 21.00:03

[QUOTE=standman;2293039]management or leadership skills. There is no way BH had impressed at any interview.[/QUOTE]

did some random bloke down the pub tell you this? or are you just presuming?

im going to guess a bit of both.. as im fairly sure if BH had an interview.. the people who interviewed him wouldnt of told anybody how impressive he was or wasnt.

although if he did have an interview im presuming he did impress and do well.. after all he got the job.....

as for his ability as our manager.. as already stated im inclined to agree he aint the right man to take us forward (i was originally sceptical when he signed.. and was astonished at the contract length... but when he signed i was happy to give the guy a chance.. and time to mould his team and hopefully do well)

one thing i wont do.. and never will. is get overly dramatic or aggresive (as some fans do) towards somebody who is only trying their best to do whats best for the club..

im just as disapointed... than majority of posters on here.. but im not gonna get angry or abusive like many

Vambo 14th September 2019 21.00:38

[QUOTE=Wenttoanderlechtin76;2292770]And Mills never goes to away games and never used to go at all before he fluked his way on to the board[/QUOTE]

He does

Lets Av A Riot 14th September 2019 21.03:11

[QUOTE=REDJB;2293047]Mills played some of the best passing football I've seen at this level. Not sure what happened with him after such a good start.[/QUOTE]

thats my point mate.. prior to him comming here.. he was the fans choice as our next manager... myself included wanted him (even the season before i wanted him but we wenty for morrell or wilkin instead if i recall correct (im crap with time frames).

but experienced .. good football playing managers dont always work.. as dont newbie managers , its hit n miss

dixienormous 14th September 2019 21.04:22

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2293054]thats my point mate.. prior to him comming here.. he was the fans choice as our next manager... myself included wanted him (even the season before i wanted him but we wenty for morrell or wilkin instead if i recall correct (im crap with time frames).

but experienced .. good football playing managers dont always work.. as dont newbie managers , its hit n miss[/QUOTE]

There are newbie managers and then there's Bryan Hughes.

Ooh aah Paskin 14th September 2019 21.07:19

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2293054]thats my point mate.. prior to him comming here.. he was the fans choice as our next manager... myself included wanted him (even the season before i wanted him but we wenty for morrell or wilkin instead if i recall correct (im crap with time frames).

but experienced .. good football playing managers dont always work.. as dont newbie managers , its hit n miss[/QUOTE]

Then the only constant in all of this is the board. Buck will always have to stop with them. Time to evolve.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 14th September 2019 21.10:01

[QUOTE=standman;2293039]This is not just a mistake, BH shows zero management or leadership skills. There is no way BH had impressed at any interview, he has a terrible record in management having managed 5 and lost all five games before being sacked. This appointment can not be defended in any way, it should be explained how on earth he ever got the position in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Literally the cheap option, won't ruffle feathers as we keep seeing in his interviews. Seems a bit meek to me, a bit of a walk over yes man type.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 14th September 2019 21.13:15

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2293049]did some random bloke down the pub tell you this? or are you just presuming?

im going to guess a bit of both.. as im fairly sure if BH had an interview.. the people who interviewed him wouldnt of told anybody how impressive he was or wasnt.

although if he did have an interview im presuming he did impress and do well.. after all he got the job.....

as for his ability as our manager.. as already stated im inclined to agree he aint the right man to take us forward (i was originally sceptical when he signed.. and was astonished at the contract length... but when he signed i was happy to give the guy a chance.. and time to mould his team and hopefully do well)

one thing i wont do.. and never will. is get overly dramatic or aggresive (as some fans do) towards somebody who is only trying their best to do whats best for the club..

im just as disapointed... than majority of posters on here.. but im not gonna get angry or abusive like many[/QUOTE]

How about a tale on allegedly, no interviews took place at all? He was headhunted like big Den - Barrows blessing and suggestion apparently - on Darlos recommendation because the board couldnt be bothered with all the faff of appointing yet another manager at a critical stage of the season!

NottsRed 14th September 2019 21.24:45

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2293055]There are newbie managers and then there's Bryan Hughes.[/QUOTE]

Warning signs were raised on here with his experience at Scarborough but we were told that he should be given a chance.

Are the board waiting for him to resign? Lets not forget he was given a 3 year + contract so i imagine getting rid of will not come cheap.

Main issue if Hughes does go is its the same set up in place who will appoint another similar manager. IMHO Darlington has to go first now along with Flynn. We need somone in fulltime and the board to realise this very quickly.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.16:38.