RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Hughes and Harris out (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114500-hughes-harris-out.html)

Birdy 15th September 2019 11.10:59

Re: Hughes and Harris out

[QUOTE=shetred;2293279]The fans owned model worked for saving the club in its hour of need, it also stabilised the club financially and has taken that worry away so again it worked for that element.

What can't be argued with is the model NOT working on the pitch - you can't​ have a volunteer as a CEO in any organisation, it just doesn't work. You can't expect a civilian to make executive decisions to hire top positions if they haven't got the experience to back that decisions up.

Imagine Liverpool sticking a club fan at CEO level?, It would be akin to letting you or I fly a jumbo jet, we wouldn't have a clue where to begin.

Monday should if Frank Spencer & Co have a shred or morality see the mass resignation of the board, the firing of Darlington, Hughes and all their backroom staff, get an experienced CEO in on salary, football orientated one at that, and get a proper manager in, not a novice or ex player, but someone who can actually command respect and know how to win football matches with this shower we have now. I say that because we are stuck with these very limited dare I say crap players, who are going to have to be coached properly through the long winter until the next transfer window. When we reach there we have to make changes on that side of things.

We are in huge trouble, the good ship is taking on water and radical action is required top to bottom or this club WILL be playing Conference North next season make no bones about it.[/QUOTE]

Excellent post highlights exactly what is wrong.

At some point Harris and co will need to face the heat. They are being let of scott free here. Imagine if it was Hamilton in charge we wouldn't stand for this crap.

richard1 15th September 2019 12.55:06

Whilst Harris remains as top dog of this club the only place we are going is to the Welsh Premier as no doubt as he reminds us all that he is a welsh speaker. This small minded parochial attitude has no place in our club which was elected to the English Football League nearly 100 years ago.

Harris has to resign or be replaced and his successor can sort out the football side of the club.

Deeside Dragon 15th September 2019 13.39:58

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2293055]There are newbie managers and then there's Bryan Hughes.[/QUOTE]
The appointment is almost as bad as when Swansea appointed Cradley Town youth team coach Kevin Cullis as manager.

dixienormous 15th September 2019 15.10:50

If Darlington and Hughes are still in charge this time tomorrow, and if Spencer, Mills and co are still running the show then I despair.

Terry titface, bumarse or anyone would be an improvement.

marathonplny 15th September 2019 15.14:05

Dixie
I wouldn’t get your ‘hopes’ up

No chance of any changes taking place if you ask me

John Neals Dynasty 15th September 2019 15.17:12

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2293519]If Darlington and Hughes are still in charge this time tomorrow, and if Spencer, Mills and co are still running the show then I despair.

Terry titface, bumarse or anyone would be an improvement.[/QUOTE]

Then despair you will like the rest of us who's heads aren't buried in the sand.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 15th September 2019 15.22:01

Anyone who supports the board at this time are no better than Toss and Robber.

Hometown Unicorn 15th September 2019 15.27:04

Hopefully the delay is just us finalising terms with the interim boss. As no one at the club works full time, I think we'll ask Morrell.

Dee Nine 15th September 2019 15.27:36

Got to give him till at least xmas / new year

OneLoveWrexham 15th September 2019 15.28:28

[QUOTE=Dee Nine;2293531]Got to give him till at least xmas / new year[/QUOTE]
:crampe::crampe::crampe::crampe:

#Topbantz

sparky 15th September 2019 15.28:56

Welcome to the forum Mrs Hughes.

Hometown Unicorn 15th September 2019 15.29:10

You may have form right now but you're still a league below us. Please return to your box.

marathonplny 15th September 2019 16.04:58

Why are so many expecting a change

There’s no chance

RHYLRED 15th September 2019 16.16:22

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2293551]Why are so many expecting a change

There’s no chance[/QUOTE]

Agree, bugger all will happen.

dixienormous 15th September 2019 16.21:17

[QUOTE=RHYLRED;2293554]Agree, bugger all will happen.[/QUOTE]

Aye, seven years of pure hell, and nothing's changed.

fezbob 15th September 2019 16.24:23

Is it really a change if Hughes goes when it'll be the same people choosing his replacement and possibly the same coaching staff?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 15th September 2019 16.27:43

[QUOTE=fezbob;2293557]Is it really a change if Hughes goes when it'll be the same people choosing his replacement and possibly the same coaching staff?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agree. We need an overhaul of the process and the folk making the decisions. Otherwise it will probably be a pointless exercise.

dixienormous 15th September 2019 16.29:54

Nothing will change until we get a load of fans in the yale and protest in their faces. I'm up for it, no breaking the law just a protest and hopefully a chance to say a few things?

Foxy 15th September 2019 16.35:59

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2293551]Why are so many expecting a change

There’s no chance[/QUOTE]

Even if there is a change, will they tell us ? The amount of immigration coming out is declining by the day.

andy buckley 15th September 2019 16.39:02

[QUOTE=Foxy;2293560]Even if there is a change, will they tell us ? The amount of immigration coming out is declining by the day.[/QUOTE]

You're obsessed by brexit lol did you mean to say information🤔

Foxy 15th September 2019 16.43:56

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2293562]You're obsessed by brexit lol did you mean to say information🤔[/QUOTE]

Ha indeed I am and yes I did. Mind you, immigration is also declining by the day.

paddockgraham 15th September 2019 21.22:01

[QUOTE=Foxy;2293564]Ha indeed I am and yes I did. Mind you, immigration is also declining by the day.[/QUOTE]

not surprised why would anyone want to come here

Foxy 15th September 2019 21.23:42

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2293708]not surprised why would anyone want to come here[/QUOTE]

Agree . Who wants to come here when the likes of your six fingered racist mates are at large,

Vambo 15th September 2019 22.06:51

[QUOTE=Foxy;2293269]No chance of that then, he is another who needs to find something else to do.[/QUOTE]

He's just been re elected.

eosceiriog 16th September 2019 13.17:32

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2292958]It appears I am classed as a happy clapper so I feel duty bound to comment.
Firstly I am happy that we have a club and will always be indebted to those who fought the Hamilton era so brilliantly - I’m struggling to see any problem with that.
Off the field we have achieved much but on the field we are clearly struggling and I believe it’s time for god the Flynn god the Hughes and god the Darlington to go. That means we have this time recruited badly and the board are under pressure and due process should follow.
I’m sure nobody cares but just personally if the club were to be put up for sale that would not work for me.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree about performance off the pitch but you have strong views and I always find you logical and consistent. It is important to have a balance in the debates and you are a good advocate for your views.

Where I have a problem is what you mean by the last paragraph. Does it mean you would merely be unhappy or cease to be a supporter altogether?

There are many fans that are not happy with the WST and some who are not happy with a fans owned club but still pay their WST subs and buy their tickets because they support the club.

I would be disappointed if you meant you would no longer attend matches on the back of a change in ownership. I can't speak for others but of course it matters when a fan packs it in.

If you think about your position in the sale scenario you also have some idea of how others feel in the reverse scenario and have been in that position for some time.

The past is glorious or inglorious depending on which side of the debate you are on but it is the past. We cannot live off it forever. We need to move on and find more funding.

My clear belief is it can be done. I don't have a problem with anyone thinking differently but let's put it properly to the test and clear up a festering sore.

I do not believe we are near the stage of needing to sell up 100% so let's have some vision and try the middle ground for once and properly test the water.

Equally, I really worry about people who seem to think a fans owned club cannot go bust due to some magical budget management. I hope it is never put to the test. They are as bad as anyone thinking private ownership will solve all the problems.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.36:22.