Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th September 2019, 19.52:59   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Around the half way line in The MRS
Twitter: @

Default Emergency General Meeting

As a member, I feel that the club board have questions to answer in relation to events both on and off the pitch. It may be a bit drastic, but I feel an emergency general meeting would be helpful.

I feel the following questions need to be answered.

1. Since our director of football and CEO Barry Horne & Don Bircham have left the club has anyone taken over these roles? If so, are they being done by individuals on a full time or part time basis?
2. What led the board to appoint Bryan Hughes as manager? Given his total lack of coaching experience.
3.Could the board confirm if Carl Darlington and Bryan Flynn are indeed working on a part time basis? If this is the case, why does the club board feel it adequate that a professional football club, employ it's coaching staff on a semi professional basis?

I am incredibly worried at the direction that the club is taking and the board has questions to answer.
Old 14th September 2019, 20.02:37   #2-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Default Re: Emergency General Meeting

The club will do exactly what the paranoid fools who run
the show are afraid of if we don't act now, it'll die.
Old 15th September 2019, 08.39:43   #3-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
The club will do exactly what the paranoid fools who run
the show are afraid of if we don't act now, it'll die.

Still the sheep appear on the threads Dixie with scaremongering about nobody else being able to do the job.... Those that have turned our club into a joke and it's heading for National North
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th September 2019, 08.59:42   #4-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

I can answer question 1 as I've asked it myself, basically they saw fit and felt they could do the tasks Horne and Bircham could do. Apparently they've split it between them, no idea who does what though.

At the time I said it was nothing but a power grab, i see nothing to prove that wrong.

It's said some management choices in recent times were done on recommendation, no interviews, basically head hunted for the job. This is because they couldn't be bothered with all the faff and they dont have the time.

Not replacing Horne or Bircham as they felt they could cover those roles between was sound logic evidently.
Old 15th September 2019, 09.14:09   #5-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

We the “fans” need to make change happen, enough of all this board room power rubbish, they need to listen from our perspective how the team has nosedived since BH took control.
CD hasn’t worked and neither has the BF appointment.
If they don’t act now and listen then I feel dwindling crowds, relegation battle and a very toxic environment will inevitably happen.

It’s stick or twist for the board, if they have the club at heart they will do the decent thing.
Old 15th September 2019, 09.20:23   #6-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
I can answer question 1 as I've asked it myself, basically they saw fit and felt they could do the tasks Horne and Bircham could do. Apparently they've split it between them, no idea who does what though.

At the time I said it was nothing but a power grab, i see nothing to prove that wrong.

It's said some management choices in recent times were done on recommendation, no interviews, basically head hunted for the job. This is because they couldn't be bothered with all the faff and they dont have the time.

Not replacing Horne or Bircham as they felt they could cover those roles between was sound logic evidently.
Management recruitment should be no difficult to appointing high level staff in the real non football world. If they haven't gone through paper sift, initial interviews, scoring matrix's, methods of assessment, references both for both character and performance etc then the board are barking mad.

It very much appears that our method of recruitment is asking clipboard Darlington who is next from his courses. He keeps his job at the club by appointing an FAW candidate and gets another pat on the back from FAW for placing another student in employment. I've said it before, his role in appointing his own boss is beyond belief.
Old 15th September 2019, 09.20:30   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

When there is an AGM (WST or Club) or members meeting I do not hear the comments that are made on this RP site.
Old 15th September 2019, 12.21:11   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

I've been reading all that should be done on here and agree on something needs to be done because this club is dying a slow death.

All the usual ones are shouting out loud. Well, why don't you get together and challenge this board? organize meetings get a strategy going. Get a vote of no confidence then replace all and sundry.
Old 15th September 2019, 12.29:44   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
When there is an AGM (WST or Club) or members meeting I do not hear the comments that are made on this RP site.
What does that tell you about the WST and fan base? I bet they've got no idea on how many members they've got. Those who say something vaguely controversial get hecked and always have done.

Next they'll have a load of chimps turning up to meeting, akin to Homer Simpson and the stone cutters.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.34:14.