RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Chesterfield home - 15th October & not on BT Sport (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114519-chesterfield-home-15th-october-not-bt-sport.html)

Phils-an-alki 17th September 2019 10.10:03

Re: Chesterfield home - 15th October & not on BT Sport

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2294488]So we are automatically entered into it?

What a load of bollocks that is, how can they possibly force you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's my understanding based on our finishing position last season and the fact we weren't promoted

John Neals Dynasty 17th September 2019 10.11:04

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2294557]Yeah that's my understanding based on our finishing position last season and the fact we weren't promoted[/QUOTE]

Yes it's a punishment for failure
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

TWREX 17th September 2019 12.22:46

So for coming 3/4 last season they award you a disadvantage for the following season mad just mad.

michaelps 17th September 2019 12.37:49

Are there any rules though (I assume not given the side we put out against Ayr) about the strength of side we have to put out?

Maybe we should have kept the Chesterfield league game when it was (they are also in as poor form as us!) and played our first team (such as it's known who that is!) in that game at the scheduled time.

Then play in the Tunnocks cup the same day or the next day either at the Racecourse or another ground if we need to switch logistically and play a load of kids/fringe players. I can remember us playing 2 games on the same day once; when we had Brentford in the FA Cup and a Welsh cup tie. So yes we have to play the St Mirren game but maybe we didn't need to move Chesterfield, could have played both, and basically put out a side against St Mirren (or indeed Ayr last round) of kids/reserves.

Rhosymedre Red 17th September 2019 12.51:17

[QUOTE=michaelps;2294604]Are there any rules though (I assume not given the side we put out against Ayr) about the strength of side we have to put out?

Maybe we should have kept the Chesterfield league game when it was (they are also in as poor form as us!) and played our first team (such as it's known who that is!) in that game at the scheduled time.

Then play in the Tunnocks cup the same day or the next day either at the Racecourse or another ground if we need to switch logistically and play a load of kids/fringe players. I can remember us playing 2 games on the same day once; when we had Brentford in the FA Cup and a Welsh cup tie. So yes we have to play the St Mirren game but maybe we didn't need to move Chesterfield, could have played both, and basically put out a side against St Mirren (or indeed Ayr last round) of kids/reserves.[/QUOTE]

Cost maybe, IE, Policing, Stewards etc

Red Light 17th September 2019 17.02:16

[QUOTE=Rhosymedre Red;2294609]Cost maybe, IE, Policing, Stewards etc[/QUOTE]

Perhaps partially a cost implication but also availability of so many match day logistics - safety officer and his team, stewards, security, police, catering, hospitality - two days running. Many staff have other full time jobs so expecting them to cover two matches for us on successive days is perhaps understandably too much - also its hard enough for a fan to drag him or herself to the Racecourse for one match but I doubt there are many of us at the current time who could stomach watching us twice on the bounce.

Possibly it may have assisted if we were drawn away but with two home games the Challenge cup just like the FA Trophy will always take priority over league fixtures. I am assuming that league games could in theory repeatedly be postponed and re arranged but any hold up of a cup match has potential to interfere further fixtures involving numerous clubs in futuristic rounds.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.42:38.