Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th September 2019, 09.23:54   #19-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sutton reaction and ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Who wrote that? He missed his vocation he should do Stand-up comedy.

It was like a dormitory in the grounds first half. The only noise came from the kids who will probably tell their dad's they don't want to go again, only time fans got out of their seats was to beat the queue at the bar or use a stinking urinal.
Posted via mobile theme
Author: Tom Barlow, Wrexham AFC website.

https://youtu.be/qZh4nGJ3dmw

Last edited by dagg; 16th September 2019 at 09.30:07..
Old 16th September 2019, 09.26:18   #20-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagg View Post
Author: Tom Barlow, Wrexham AFC website.

He needs to get back to Coronation Street if he likes a borefest
Posted via mobile theme
Old 16th September 2019, 09.28:36   #21-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Thought Grant did well, too. But I guess you do not like him.
You are right and yes he was one of better players and I should have rated him accordingly.
Old 16th September 2019, 11.28:12   #22-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

When the manager comes up with,maybe the kick off time affected our game as a reason for the poor show, its time to call it a day.
Old 16th September 2019, 11.32:33   #23-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
4231 is just a variation of 433, with two deep midfielders and one pushing forward.

How would you set up the midfield in a 433, if different to a 4231?
Well that's not the way we set up to play it. Our '2' sit very deep shuffling left and right to follow the ball and our '3' sit flat, always too late to get ahead of the striker.

Neither the 2 nor the 3 are ever in the right spaces - hence how we have to resort to hoof ball in attack and leave gaps all over the place in defence.

At this level, a solid well drilled 4-4-2 would much better suit the players we have available
Old 16th September 2019, 11.35:14   #24-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Everyone were absolute shiite, a disgrace to the shirt. The 'management' are so inept it's comedy.

The players aren't playing for Hughes or Darlo, so how many chances do the board get? If they had some respect for the club and fans, they'd be gone.
Old 16th September 2019, 11.53:09   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Avoided commenting until now as I would probably have written something I regretted.

An abject display and possibly one of the worse games of football we have witnessed for many an year - and all in front of a national TV audience.

I don't think any of the players or backroom staff come out of that with any credit whatsoever, and we can only hope that their personal and professional pride will kick in to help avoid any repeat.

A very ordinary Sutton side closed us down at every opportunity and yet we gave them an age on the ball. We looked to have no pattern to our play and some of the basics expected of a professional footballer - like first touch, vision and accuracy in passing and hitting the target from close range - where all missing.

If I'm wrong, and we do not see a reaction after that, then the lot of them need to leave, and seriously consider a career outside of the game.

As for the manager, I actually feel sorry for him as its not his fault he was appointed to a job he so obviously is incapable of doing, but those who are equally incapable.
Old 16th September 2019, 12.08:27   #26-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieDragon View Post
Well that's not the way we set up to play it. Our '2' sit very deep shuffling left and right to follow the ball and our '3' sit flat, always too late to get ahead of the striker.

Neither the 2 nor the 3 are ever in the right spaces - hence how we have to resort to hoof ball in attack and leave gaps all over the place in defence.

At this level, a solid well drilled 4-4-2 would much better suit the players we have available
That'ss still a variation of a 433.

Is there anyway we could play a 433, and set up differently. Try getting the wide men to push up more, maybe. what about a flat midfield 3?
Old 16th September 2019, 12.52:06   #27-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
Avoided commenting until now as I would probably have written something I regretted.

An abject display and possibly one of the worse games of football we have witnessed for many an year - and all in front of a national TV audience.

I don't think any of the players or backroom staff come out of that with any credit whatsoever, and we can only hope that their personal and professional pride will kick in to help avoid any repeat.

A very ordinary Sutton side closed us down at every opportunity and yet we gave them an age on the ball. We looked to have no pattern to our play and some of the basics expected of a professional footballer - like first touch, vision and accuracy in passing and hitting the target from close range - where all missing.

If I'm wrong, and we do not see a reaction after that, then the lot of them need to leave, and seriously consider a career outside of the game.

As for the manager, I actually feel sorry for him as its not his fault he was appointed to a job he so obviously is incapable of doing, but those who are equally incapable.
Sums up exactly how I felt about Saturday.

Watched it on TV and I don't think I've ever been so bored watching any live game for 90 mins. Let alone those where Wrexham were playing. Painful stuff and I hope the players took a long hard look at themselves over the weekend.

Redmond coming on as sub summed up the entire day for me. The most effort he made was in spitting on the pitch five seconds after coming on.

Just feels like the entire club is in free-fall.

Last edited by Wrexy; 16th September 2019 at 12.53:25..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.30:04.