RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ben Tollitt - To Extend or Not to Extend? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114523-ben-tollitt-extend-not-extend.html)

Prodigal Dragon 16th September 2019 11.34:48

Ben Tollitt - To Extend or Not to Extend?

What are your thoughts?

I think he has ability and is worth a season-long loan.

louisleftboot 16th September 2019 11.35:17

Re: Ben Tollitt - To Extend or Not to Extend?

Probably not the guy for a struggling team.

fezbob 16th September 2019 11.35:52

I'd be minded to extend as well. He might not have performed as well in his second spell with us but I think that has more to do with the current system and management personnel.

BillEBadass 16th September 2019 11.39:41

He's skilful and occasionally very effective but I don't think he's a 'backs to he wall, do or die' personality. Things will probably improve but as we stand we are in a relegation dog fight - 50/50 on this one.

Funny_Old_Game 16th September 2019 11.41:40

Had my doubts about his attitude first time around.

Thinks he’s loads better than he is.

dixienormous 16th September 2019 11.43:55

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2293955]Had my doubts about his attitude first time around.

Thinks he’s loads better than he is.[/QUOTE]

He's still miles better than every player we have bar Hooper and Harris.

LlayDragon 16th September 2019 11.47:30

He can be effective, but he's not hard to nullify either.

Sutton managed it for 90 minutes and they're no great shakes.

El Jonez 16th September 2019 11.49:18

Like Ruthers, Tollitt is an effective impact sub when defenders are leggy with half an hour to go.

I have not seen him start a game and play well since he has been with us (in both spells).

Definitely extend the loan for me as he hasn't had enough games yet and would thrive under better management.

BertieDragon 16th September 2019 11.51:13

Extend. Has the ability to play as an effective wide man in a solid 4-4-2. Cant blame him for underperforming in this current team / system

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2019 11.53:25

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2293963][B]Like Ruthers[/B], Tollitt is an effective impact sub when defenders are leggy with half an hour to go.

[/QUOTE]

:bulb:

:crampe::crampe:

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2019 11.54:17

Not convinced by him but I doubt we can get better at the moment. Who would want to sign for us right now?

Ooh aah Paskin 16th September 2019 11.56:06

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2293968]Not convinced by him but I doubt we can get better at the moment. Who would want to sign for us right now?[/QUOTE]

Rutherford would gladly sign an extension.... ;)

El Jonez 16th September 2019 11.56:35

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2293967]:bulb:

:crampe::crampe:[/QUOTE]

You clearly missed the impact Ruthers had on Saturday.

Oh and against Halifax when Ruthers was on the pitch for 2 mins before sliding the ball to Harris for the only goal of the game.

Hometown Unicorn 16th September 2019 11.58:33

Good option off the bench, but none of our players look any good under this regime. I don't think the answer is letting players like Tollitt go while we have the likes of Rutherford on the books.

rob_1072 16th September 2019 11.58:36

Save the money for his wages for next season since looks like Hughes is staying.

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2019 11.58:59

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2293972]You clearly missed the impact Ruthers had on Saturday.

Oh and against Halifax when Ruthers was on the pitch for 2 mins before sliding the ball to Harris for the only goal of the game.[/QUOTE]

By impact you mean he ran about a lot but ultimately achieved nothing, as is the usual with him.

I'm sure you'll dine out on that one assist this season for many months to come. What are his assist and goals scored stats like if we're going down that road.... oh yeah, they're abysmal.

El Jonez 16th September 2019 12.04:36

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2293975]By impact you mean he ran about a lot but ultimately achieved nothing, as is the usual with him.

I'm sure you'll dine out on that one assist this season for many months to come. What are his assist and goals scored stats like if we're going down that road.... oh yeah, they're abysmal.[/QUOTE]

Ruthers is not the answer for a promotion chasing team. But he is a team player (not an individual) and what you get with him is 100% effort every game without fail.

Wasn't Ruthers [B]The Assist King[/B] last season or the one previous? I don't have the stats but recall someone posting them.

I think he used to take the corners that Pearson and Manny often nodded home.

Funny_Old_Game 16th September 2019 12.07:03

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2293968]Not convinced by him but I doubt we can get better at the moment. Who would want to sign for us right now?[/QUOTE]

We turn decent players to shite, this is well documented.

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2019 12.08:12

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2293978]Ruthers is not the answer for a promotion chasing team. But he is a team player (not an individual) and what you get with him is 100% effort every game without fail.

Wasn't Ruthers [B]The Assist King[/B] last season or the one previous? I don't have the stats but recall someone posting them.

I think he used to take the corners that Pearson and Manny often nodded home.[/QUOTE]

LOL the assist king, stop now my sides are hurting.

El Jonez 16th September 2019 12.10:46

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2293984]LOL the assist king, stop now my sides are hurting.[/QUOTE]

Someone (not me) will dig out the stats and prove you wrong (again) Phil.

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2019 12.17:33

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2293987]Someone (not me) will dig out the stats and prove you wrong (again) Phil.[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is that because he had one half decent season(if what you say is correct) doing what he should be doing by the way, that's it, he can dine out on that forever? And that proves me wrong and we'll ignore every other season he's been here? Funny but warped logic there. You're making a fool of yourself here and I'm starting to wonder if you even watch games, that's how deluded you come across.

Ruabon Red 16th September 2019 12.18:47

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2293978]Ruthers is not the answer for a [B]promotion chasing team[/B]. But he is a team player (not an individual) and what you get with him is 100% effort every game without fail.

Wasn't Ruthers The Assist King last season or the one previous? I don't have the stats but recall someone posting them.

I think he used to take the corners that Pearson and Manny often nodded home.[/QUOTE]

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

El Jonez 16th September 2019 12.38:22

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2293991]So what you're saying is that because he had one half decent season(if what you say is correct) doing what he should be doing by the way, that's it, he can dine out on that forever? And that proves me wrong and we'll ignore every other season he's been here? Funny but warped logic there. You're making a fool of yourself here and I'm starting to wonder if you even watch games, that's how deluded you come across.[/QUOTE]

It's all about opinion.

Myself (and others on RP) value the contribution from Ruthers and you (and others on RP) don't.

Not everybody thinks and behaves the same way as you Phil.

Birdy 16th September 2019 12.44:59

Not promotion quality, then again who is in our squad!

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2019 12.50:08

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2294005]It's all about opinion.

Myself (and others on RP) value the contribution from Ruthers and you (and others on RP) don't.

Not everybody thinks and behaves the same way as you Phil.[/QUOTE]

No shit.
Where's these stats to prove me wrong then? Need them for every season he's been here for balance.
He's a winger so should provide assists and goals, he rarely does so that's that. Awful player who fools some fans by running about a lot like a headless chicken and achieving fck all.

John Neals Dynasty 16th September 2019 12.52:43

Let's have a poll on everything

Let the next manager decide personally I think he has an edge to him, thinks he's better than he is, looked like the rest Saturday nor arsed
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Wreck Sam 16th September 2019 12.57:41

The merits (or not) of any individual player cannot really be assessed until we have a coaching team in place that is able to work out what is needed to progress from where we find ourselves. The coaching direction is why we are where we are more than the players we have.

Banes Red 16th September 2019 15.05:26

He was clueless on Saturday, better options available?

dlrwrexham 16th September 2019 15.54:28

Seems like he's almost being trying too hard to impress, since he came back. On last season's form he'd be a must.Can't help the lad, coming in when things are going tits up!.:(

thedischunter96 16th September 2019 16.35:02

Was pretty decent for us last season. Doesn't seem to be the same player now. Not sure if thats got something to do with new playing style and management!

Huffy 16th September 2019 16.52:25

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2294078]Seems like he's almost being trying too hard to impress, since he came back. On last season's form he'd be a must.Can't help the lad, coming in when things are going tits up!.:([/QUOTE]

Yes , thats probably what crosses my mind too. Extend i ,because I dont want a McGlashan type replacement either

OneLoveWrexham 16th September 2019 16.53:39

After Saturdays performance ship him out, he’s a bottlejob jumping out of every tackle.

Redpensioner 16th September 2019 19.04:38

Two clubs in the last 6 months want to ship him on. What does that tell you?

Superunknown 16th September 2019 19.07:21

Would give him a chance with a new manager, clearly got ability, just needs someone to bring it out.

dlrwrexham 16th September 2019 19.21:07

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2294171]Two clubs in the last 6 months want to ship him on. What does that tell you?[/QUOTE]

Two L1 clubs.That tells me he's probably not good enough for L1.;)

Lets Av A Riot 16th September 2019 19.24:15

confidence player... of which currently he seems to have no confidence at all.

dlrwrexham 16th September 2019 19.35:03

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2294191]confidence player... of which currently he seems to have no confidence at all.[/QUOTE]

Think you're right

OneLoveWrexham 16th September 2019 19.35:41

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2294234]Think you're right[/QUOTE]
Probably the first time he ever has been

BuckleyRed 16th September 2019 20.05:37

Nothing like a survey "Do you think he is shit or not"

paddockgraham 16th September 2019 21.22:51

brings nothing to the table, average at best

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.39:50.