RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Are we a part-time club? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114524-we-part-time-club.html)

fezbob 16th September 2019 15.30:09

Are we a part-time club?

I was interested to hear the squad training session at the Nine Acre earlier on today lasted a ground total of one hour.

It's not the first time that someone's mentioned the shortness of the sessions and it got me wondering just who exactly at this club is full-time?

We've got no CEO or director of football and I believe most board members juggle their roles with their day job.

We're told Bryan Flynn and Carl Darlington are part-time and I assumed Hughes and the players are on full-time contracts, but can you really call an hour's training a few times a week plus match day appearances full-time work?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that it feels like we've slipped into becoming a part-time club without fans being made aware or asked if they're in favour of moving in that direction.

John Neals Dynasty 16th September 2019 15.34:09

Re: Are we a part-time club?

Good points perhaps we should go the full hog volunteer manager,coaches and players.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

JonWrexhamfc 16th September 2019 15.34:23

Didn't someone on here the other week say they do an hour training then head to the gym?

LlayDragon 16th September 2019 15.34:33

[QUOTE=fezbob;2294057]I was interested to hear the squad training session at the Nine Acre earlier on today lasted a ground total of one hour.

It's not the first time that someone's mentioned the shortness of the sessions and it got me wondering just who exactly at this club is full-time?

We've got no CEO or director of football and I believe most board members juggle their roles with their day job.

We're told Bryan Flynn and Carl Darlington are part-time and I assumed Hughes and the players are on full-time contracts, but can you really call an hour's training a few times a week plus match day appearances full-time work?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that it feels like we've slipped into becoming a part-time club without fans being made aware or asked if they're in favour of moving in that direction.[/QUOTE]

Your final paragraph is a pretty good roundup of where we are.

WV1 16th September 2019 15.36:03

How long do you think other teams train?

Monday’s don’t tend to be too intense after a Saturday game.

Tuesday and Wednesday are the days the ‘load’ is upped.

But I agree with the overall sentiment.

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2019 15.40:20

One hour. Its shows in games too. They should still be training now after Saturdays debacle.

I've said it for ages now that we are basically part time. The board just haven't got the guts to tell the fans.

LlayDragon 16th September 2019 15.43:38

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2294066]One hour. Its shows in games too. They should still be training now after Saturdays debacle.

I've said it for ages now that we are basically part time. The board just haven't got the guts to tell the fans.[/QUOTE]

Sadly we're still playing full-time player contracts; which is worst than being part-time.

Funny_Old_Game 16th September 2019 15.44:56

We were always told we would never go part-time.

fezbob 16th September 2019 15.45:28

[QUOTE=WV1;2294063]How long do you think other teams train?

Monday’s don’t tend to be too intense after a Saturday game.

Tuesday and Wednesday are the days the ‘load’ is upped.

But I agree with the overall sentiment.[/QUOTE]

I don't expect them to be training every hour of the day but the ability to watch the team easily at the Nine Acre has raised questions about how long/often they're there.

This article gave a good indication of how often most clubs in our league used to train although it's pretty old now.

[url]https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/columnists/7056/full-time-issue-is-a-major-dilemma/[/url]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.49:43.