Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th September 2019, 09.35:54   #145-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: East Wing, Main Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Time for an EGM and a vote of no confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
Striderman , not annoyed but what happens with people who love or live for a cause is they hate change , they see someone taking something from them that's close , it sounds like they must protect what is theirs , this lot have had endless cock ups and change is needed for the better , now most want the best for the club and see they need better opportunities with better Boardroom guidance .
No problem, I agree with what you are saying and can concur with your sense of despair at the current situation that our club is facing on and off the pitch as I share it myself. Change has to come and soon
Old 18th September 2019, 09.37:19   #146-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
I'm pretty sure QR once said he knew a member of the Board casually , now he says he knows some of the Board , someone who explains situations that have happened regards Board goings on in the past seems a lot closer than he says . More an ITK person .
LOL. I go to most of the meetings, talk to board members when I can and ask questions, make suggestions. That's pretty casual.
The board members don't hide away in corners and in my experience are more than willing to talk to fellow fans at home or away.
I have regularly seen Spencer and Mark at away games in amongst the main body of supporters.
I only know these people through attending meetings.
All the information I post is generally available and public knowledge, if I speculate, I say so.
Why not drop in the Cent pre match and have a chat. I don't bite. PM me if you want to take up the offer.
Old 18th September 2019, 09.39:31   #147-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
There are issues that must be resolved pdq but, like you, I fear we are in danger of making a bad situation worse. We need to increase the size of the Board with folk having good footballing knowledge and ability. The current incumbents have skills in many areas but their inability to appoint and retain a suitable manager has exposed the club to possible failure.

It requires clear heads and some humility; not folk rioting with pitchforks, torches and lengths of rope.
What he said. Its pretty reasonable thing to expect from a football club.
Old 18th September 2019, 09.53:30   #148-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck Sam View Post
Seeking qualified help does not mean the boards standing down in entirety does it. this black or white approach could be seen as scare mongering. If the boards cannot accept the failings and they choose to abandon the club they claim to represent then that would be demonstrating their standing as being unfit for purpose. If they cannot make the changes required then at the very least it would be hoped that they would see through the transition period to the new owners if they feel they cannot serve the club as we move forward. Nobody should be bigger than the club.
When I posed the original question I did make the assumption that if a vote of no confidence was lost the board's position would be untenable and they would resign which then leaves vacancies to be filled.

Just don't want a Brexit style scenario where the shout is we want it we want it we want it, and then when we get it we're all looking at each other saying what's the plan now.

Emotive decisions are a bad way to do anything unless you have a plan in place to deal with the new situation. So not scare mongering at all IMO
Old 18th September 2019, 09.58:55   #149-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Well lets all hope there is no temptation towards a "if we cant rule the roost then nobody will" scenario.
Old 18th September 2019, 10.40:03   #150-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

A lot of sensible posts above.

As I see it without some form of change as regards the main side of the club football, then we will be having this same conversation in another 12 yrs in this league or the one below.

I've no problem with the running of the club off the field, although vast room for improvement in certain areas there to eg: crumbling ground, leaking roofs, disgusting uncleaned rundown smelling toilets and hand washing facilities. Poor choice and expensive food, Jonesy's bar stuck blocking toilet entrances with large queues.
Well weathered broken seats in the stand . An awful eyesore and bad advert for the club in the weed strewn crumbling Kop. Training on a council field and so on.

But the main side the playing side is where we need drastic change. Nobody can have enjoyed the football on show since the first 3 month's of Mills reign, the quality on show is abysmal and it's plainly obvious the players are not playing for our footgolf expert and this is where the board simply put are not up to the job.

All us fans think we know best when it comes to who is a good player manager etc and the board are fans and that's the problem the board are all starry eyed about good players from the ever growing distant past thinking they will all make great managers and that's where change is desperately needed.

We need additions to the board as in someone with no connection to the club people with proper football knowledge and experience not starry eyed fans who credit where credits due give up their free time.

If change is not made at the top then this circle of despair won't change but loyal fans will say enough is enough and the gates will fall to unsustainable levels hence the Foxy cry of managed decline.

We need to be proactive in looking for outside investment something along the lines of Swansea.

My biggest gripe is the silence from the board on all club matters they have become arrogant in their attitude to fellow fans.

The lack of information coming out from the top borders on control freaks.

Everything has become stale and we need some change on the football side.

#excitingtimes
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 18th September 2019 at 10.43:50..
Old 18th September 2019, 10.54:21   #151-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
LOL. I go to most of the meetings, talk to board members when I can and ask questions, make suggestions. That's pretty casual.
The board members don't hide away in corners and in my experience are more than willing to talk to fellow fans at home or away.
I have regularly seen Spencer and Mark at away games in amongst the main body of supporters.
I only know these people through attending meetings.
All the information I post is generally available and public knowledge, if I speculate, I say so.
Why not drop in the Cent pre match and have a chat. I don't bite. PM me if you want to take up the offer.
Likewise, the email exchanges I’ve had with board members have been civil and polite with them more than happy to answer the questions I have.
Old 18th September 2019, 14.52:51   #152-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Likewise, the email exchanges I’ve had with board members have been civil and polite with them more than happy to answer the questions I have.
We know that board members are approachable and some more than others.
Thats not the problem though is it.

Most fans are now seeing through the decisions that are translating to the on-field problems.

The WAFC board lacks football experience. The football board needs to deal with it’s areas of expertise. The WST board needs to be more visible and expand it’s workload by managing bigger and more work groups.

Strategies and plans have to be delivered quicker because at the moment it’s all ‘we are preparing.......whichever document’. Lets get some actions going rather than words. e.g. Jonseys bar, clean toilets, disabled viewing platform. Lets then address the football experience problems on the boards. Lets also look like a full time professional FT club.

January still sits badly as well, the info I have stacks up with my theories. I have an unresolved issue with timing of Barrow advising he didn’t want the job and meet the manager that doesn’t stack up.

Last edited by pagl; 18th September 2019 at 14.55:49..
Old 18th September 2019, 14.58:01   #153-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
I've sadly not had an email back from them yet, though I did only email 26 hours ago.

I thought my email was polite, so hopefully it's just the case that they're all in full time work and haven't got round to it yet.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.34:46.