Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th September 2019, 12.02:59   #1-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Default Is the Club mentality of at least we have a club killing it slowly.

As above is the self appointed owners running our club real lack of ambition holding us back? It's become a bit stale with disaster after disaster on the field with poor entertainment and quality.

Is lack or money killing our moving forward? Sat there bored rigid first half yesterday quieter than a library, no passion by the players, the manager and coaches, the fans it's like watching a dying horse needing to be put out of its misery.

Should the club advertise for investment or should we just accept the Foxy managed decline?

Half our problem I think is we have not moved on from the past history the continual wanting ex players as managers etc rabbiting back to the 70s Flynn and Denis Smith.

Thought's anyone
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 15th September 2019 at 12.04:21..
Old 15th September 2019, 12.06:00   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Default Re: Is the Club mentality of at least we have a club killing it slowly.

Surely as fans and so called owners, don’t we have the right to decide on who is on the board
Old 15th September 2019, 12.14:59   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Watching this team this season is like waiting for the thump of the mallet over the poor seals head as it yelps in desperation.

I didn't go yesterday as I was in London with work but tried to race back but didn't make it. Luckily.

It's very strange. The feeling I have and was the same against Stockport, was that I thought we deserved a proper hiding, we were that bad. I find myself hoping we can turn it round but somewhere hoping we get tonked do that things will boil over and force their (the boards) hand.

Don't think any of this is intended. They try their best with what they have got but it's volunteers, making bad decision after bad decision, going completely unquestioned and working with a complete lack of accountability.

If they are fans, as we all are you would surely be lying on the pillow at night, especially in times like this and thinking "am I up to this?". I don't think these guys do that. I think it's a shrug of the shoulders and "oh well, hopefully we will get the next one right".
Old 15th September 2019, 12.23:18   #4-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woblob04 View Post
Watching this team this season is like waiting for the thump of the mallet over the poor seals head as it yelps in desperation.

I didn't go yesterday as I was in London with work but tried to race back but didn't make it. Luckily.

It's very strange. The feeling I have and was the same against Stockport, was that I thought we deserved a proper hiding, we were that bad. I find myself hoping we can turn it round but somewhere hoping we get tonked do that things will boil over and force their (the boards) hand.

Don't think any of this is intended. They try their best with what they have got but it's volunteers, making bad decision after bad decision, going completely unquestioned and working with a complete lack of accountability.

If they are fans, as we all are you would surely be lying on the pillow at night, especially in times like this and thinking "am I up to this?". I don't think these guys do that. I think it's a shrug of the shoulders and "oh well, hopefully we will get the next one right".
Anyone, paid or volunteer can make mistakes but there are mistakes and mistakes. Continual lack of progress after a fair amount of time means that the board have not taken a wonderful opportunity of leading and guiding our club in a way that's expected. I am fully aware that some may be content with a smaller pond so that dissenting voices can be controlled. It is crunch time now when we have to make changes or stand by and watch the back slapping around Northern Conference.
Old 15th September 2019, 12.38:14   #5-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck Sam View Post
Anyone, paid or volunteer can make mistakes but there are mistakes and mistakes. Continual lack of progress after a fair amount of time means that the board have not taken a wonderful opportunity of leading and guiding our club in a way that's expected. I am fully aware that some may be content with a smaller pond so that dissenting voices can be controlled. It is crunch time now when we have to make changes or stand by and watch the back slapping around Northern Conference.
I can handle some perspective and we have been unlucky with injuries on the playing side. But we gave this fella a 3 year deal and haven't seen anything to justify the thinking behind that. I can't think of any reason why someone would that.

We have a squad that should be up there as have fylde and Solihull bet they are asking the same questions but you just know they will come good. I fear for us.
Old 15th September 2019, 12.59:20   #6-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

The three year deal was pretty crazy really, whatever way you look at it.
I have this horrible suspicion Hughes is here for at least this season unless we drop too far. Otherwise it makes the board decisions look even more shambolic than those in January.
Old 15th September 2019, 13.09:02   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Right for me this is how I see it now.

Number 1 - the wst purchased the club it had debt there must have been a payment plan, before the happy clappers start commenting most businesses offset debt whilst still spending money that first year of wst control set the club back years. Luton town won this league by offsetting debts paying with a payment plan then still spending for promotion now look where they are. Dons warchest was spent on clearing debts which a payment plan would have been needed to purchase the club that led to piss poor choice in the transfer market, ruined player retention and eventually the sacking of andy morell. First mistakes made within a year of owning the club.

Number 2 -

Bryan Hughes 08 Feb, 2019 Present
Graham Barrow 03 Dec, 2018 08 Feb, 2019
Sam Ricketts 02 May, 2018 03 Dec, 2018
Andrew Davies 21 Mar, 2018 02 May, 2018
Carl Darlington 17 Mar, 2018 21 Mar, 2018
Dean Keates 24 Oct, 2016 17 Mar, 2018
Gary Mills 28 Apr, 2015 13 Oct, 2016
Carl Darlington 31 Mar, 2015 28 Apr, 2015
Kevin Wilkin 20 Mar, 2014 30 Mar, 2015
Billy Barr 24 Feb, 2014 20 Mar, 2014
Andy Morrell 23 Sep, 2011 24 Feb, 2014

The appointments have been shocking, poorly managed and at times ruined our season. No lessons learn twice in two years loosing a manager (can’t blame the board for someone leaving) but the boards stupid decisions have cost us twice in two years alone! These people would have been long gone at any other club or business.

Number 3 - January never being discussed or should I say the members who go to wst meetings and just nod at everything said when less than half of match day attendance are actually members didn’t even bother to ask on any real matters. I think a general meeting of all supporters not just members is now more appropriate than ever because this club has been driven to its current level by piss poor management, ridiculous comments of the club has never been ran better are false if it had never been ran better we wouldn’t be repeating the same topics year after year.

Number 4 - investors these people in control aren’t directors they have managed to solidify a position for eachother, they can make mistake after mistake whilst staying in position which wouldn’t happen anywhere else. The investor situation is we aren’t interested, we are happy to turn you down without having to tell the fan base. It’s become exactly what if wasn’t meant to be.

The wst saved the club cleared its debts but set it back years in the process mistakes year on year by the same decision makers will keep us here or we will go lower down the pyramid (I hope that day never comes) but all in all the wst haven’t achieved a lot other than providing the worst Wrexham teams most have ever seen.
Old 15th September 2019, 13.27:35   #8-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonplny View Post
Surely as fans and so called owners, don’t we have the right to decide on who is on the board
Not at the moment. Would need to put a proposal to do so to a vote, and ensure enough people vote for it, as the WST Committee would probably not support such a radical move.

As a compromise, maybe 2 of the Board members could be directly elected by ordinary WST members. That would get my vote, as I am sure we could persuade some sensible and capable individuals to be nominated.

Whatever happens, the current make-up is moribund and needs sorting ASAP.
Old 15th September 2019, 13.30:38   #9-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
Right for me this is how I see it now.

Number 1 - the wst purchased the club it had debt there must have been a payment plan, before the happy clappers start commenting most businesses offset debt whilst still spending money that first year of wst control set the club back years. Luton town won this league by offsetting debts paying with a payment plan then still spending for promotion now look where they are. Dons warchest was spent on clearing debts which a payment plan would have been needed to purchase the club that led to piss poor choice in the transfer market, ruined player retention and eventually the sacking of andy morell. First mistakes made within a year of owning the club.

Number 2 -

Bryan Hughes 08 Feb, 2019 Present
Graham Barrow 03 Dec, 2018 08 Feb, 2019
Sam Ricketts 02 May, 2018 03 Dec, 2018
Andrew Davies 21 Mar, 2018 02 May, 2018
Carl Darlington 17 Mar, 2018 21 Mar, 2018
Dean Keates 24 Oct, 2016 17 Mar, 2018
Gary Mills 28 Apr, 2015 13 Oct, 2016
Carl Darlington 31 Mar, 2015 28 Apr, 2015
Kevin Wilkin 20 Mar, 2014 30 Mar, 2015
Billy Barr 24 Feb, 2014 20 Mar, 2014
Andy Morrell 23 Sep, 2011 24 Feb, 2014

The appointments have been shocking, poorly managed and at times ruined our season. No lessons learn twice in two years loosing a manager (can’t blame the board for someone leaving) but the boards stupid decisions have cost us twice in two years alone! These people would have been long gone at any other club or business.

Number 3 - January never being discussed or should I say the members who go to wst meetings and just nod at everything said when less than half of match day attendance are actually members didn’t even bother to ask on any real matters. I think a general meeting of all supporters not just members is now more appropriate than ever because this club has been driven to its current level by piss poor management, ridiculous comments of the club has never been ran better are false if it had never been ran better we wouldn’t be repeating the same topics year after year.

Number 4 - investors these people in control aren’t directors they have managed to solidify a position for eachother, they can make mistake after mistake whilst staying in position which wouldn’t happen anywhere else. The investor situation is we aren’t interested, we are happy to turn you down without having to tell the fan base. It’s become exactly what if wasn’t meant to be.

The wst saved the club cleared its debts but set it back years in the process mistakes year on year by the same decision makers will keep us here or we will go lower down the pyramid (I hope that day never comes) but all in all the wst haven’t achieved a lot other than providing the worst Wrexham teams most have ever seen.
You're spot on there.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.21:29.