RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ricketts and Darlington (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114533-ricketts-darlington.html)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 18th September 2019 19.08:51

Re: Ricketts and Darlington

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2294986]Ok but until then would you agree Ricketts was backed by the board? Experienced assistant hired, Jussi, Darlington already there, the psychologist guy, fitness bloke, scouts. When he left he said the new manager would have 200k to spend. What I am getting at rather than being undermined Ricketts was backed quite extensively.[/QUOTE]

Nope, not one bit, Oswell got away because of an unwillingness to pay the money required, as did many other targets.

Allies of the board came on here making out Oswell wanted to remain part time only for him to move to Morcombe days later...

Jussi was working here for nothing and as a favour to Ricketts.

Ricketts was undermined, it's as simple as that, when Shrewsbury showed willing to pay the release clause he was simply told he could leave, no fight put up or anything. The board didn't even think Shrewsbury had the money, shows how much research they do.

standman 18th September 2019 19.12:11

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2295006]Nope, not one bit, Oswell got away because of an unwillingness to pay the money required, as did many other targets.

Allies of the board came on here making out Oswell wanted to remain part time only for him to move to Morcombe days later...

Ricketts was undermined, it's as simple as that, when Shrewsbury showed willing to pay the release clause he was simply told he could leave, no fight put up or anything. The board didn't even think Shrewsbury had the money, shows how much research they do.[/QUOTE]

Didn’t put up a fight but promotion is worth around £600,000 in the short term never mind the long term. How the hell are we going to ever get promotion when we manage the club like a factory hiring Agency staff.

Lets Av A Riot 18th September 2019 19.25:00

[QUOTE=flintshirefan;2294887]Ricketts and later Barrow wanted Darlington out ... obviously wanted a first team coach full time and not just turn up when they want ..[/QUOTE]

and you know this ... how? heard it down the pub.. read it elsewhere on here or social media... have a "friend of a friend in the know who you can name" that told you? or just guessing ?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 18th September 2019 19.29:01

[QUOTE=standman;2295007]Didn’t put up a fight but promotion is worth around £600,000 in the short term never mind the long term. How the hell are we going to ever get promotion when we manage the club like a factory hiring Agency staff.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the yes man they thought he was is my guess, all about 'loyalty' Barrow went to Shrewsbury as soon as he could once Ricketts called during his tenure.

Thought they could hold Ricketts to ransom clearly, bunch of jokers. Nobody with any stature in the game will apply if Hughes leaves. A board member was bemoaning the fact it was difficult to get managers in with 10 games to go while sat in the play offs, well so they say, at a normal club I doubt it. Prehaps this is the problem, forcing things upon people, food for thought.

Redordead 18th September 2019 19.30:46

Remember when folk said Barrow twatted Ricketts.....

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 18th September 2019 19.37:16

[QUOTE=Redordead;2295012]Remember when folk said Barrow twatted Ricketts.....[/QUOTE]

Here's another interesting point, I'm sure it was said Barrow offered to resign early January well before meet the manager - anyone able to confirm? - 6 months later he's at Shrewsbury. Sounds like a pretty standard contract - post-termination restrictions - normally they last 3 - 6 months. All a coincidence I'm sure...

Any longer than 6 months and it's deemed unreasonable in most industry leaving the club open to legal action.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 18th September 2019 19.48:45

Wilkin and Morell both found new employment after similiar lengths of time out of the game.

Colomiers Phoenix 18th September 2019 20.07:16

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2295006]Nope, not one bit, Oswell got away because of an unwillingness to pay the money required, as did many other targets.

Ricketts was undermined, it's as simple as that, when Shrewsbury showed willing to pay the release clause he was simply told he could leave, no fight put up or anything. The board didn't even think Shrewsbury had the money, shows how much research they do.[/QUOTE]

Bloody hell, you are bemoaning the fact that Oswell got away . He hasn't exactly torn any trees up since he's been here. " allies of the board " are regularly alleged on here - name and shame with evidence pr1ck

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 18th September 2019 20.14:31

[QUOTE=Colomiers Phoenix;2295029]Bloody hell, you are bemoaning the fact that Oswell got away . He hasn't exactly torn any trees up since he's been here. " allies of the board " are regularly alleged on here - name and shame with evidence pr1ck[/QUOTE]

That's not the point I'm making, we've certainly found one. What is it with the surname Hughes and all these dormant accounts on here that spring up to the defence of the board?

I'm all right, not going to spill the name on how one plys a WST boarder member with drink at away games, latched to him at all times. Plus many more I know about.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.06:36.