Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th September 2019, 15.18:46   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Wrexham - the club who kill strikers

So far this season Holyrod has scored 5 goals for Chorley with Boden and Fondop scoring the same number for Chesterfield. With both teams lower in the league than we are, this is a tragedy. Our manager along with Keats and Ricketts have signed such poor midfield players, as these players, who had reasonable goalscoring records before they came to us, have been strangled during there stay here.

We all know where the problem lies and we are slowly heading into a car crash and when we come round we will be in the Conference North next season.

Who's going to phone the Insurance Company!
Old 20th September 2019, 15.22:01   #2-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham - the club who kill strikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1 View Post
So far this season Holyrod has scored 5 goals for Chorley with Boden and Fondop scoring the same number for Chesterfield. With both teams lower in the league than we are, this is a tragedy. Our manager along with Keats and Ricketts have signed such poor midfield players, as these players, who had reasonable goalscoring records before they came to us, have been strangled during there stay here.

We all know where the problem lies and we are slowly heading into a car crash and when we come round we will be in the Conference North next season.

Who's going to phone the Insurance Company!
We kill strikers due to not having a midfield. There is no quality balls to the strikers to score goals. Also think over the last few seasons, we have played very defensive. Last top goalscorer was Jake Speight many years ago.
Old 20th September 2019, 15.28:49   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham - the club who kill strikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1 View Post
So far this season Holyrod has scored 5 goals for Chorley with Boden and Fondop scoring the same number for Chesterfield. With both teams lower in the league than we are, this is a tragedy. Our manager along with Keats and Ricketts have signed such poor midfield players, as these players, who had reasonable goalscoring records before they came to us, have been strangled during there stay here.

We all know where the problem lies and we are slowly heading into a car crash and when we come round we will be in the Conference North next season.

Who's going to phone the Insurance Company!
None of those strikers “work hard”. Any player mentioned on RP is generally rated on work rate alone. Goals, assists and generally contributions to play are well down the list.
Old 20th September 2019, 15.28:56   #4-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham - the club who kill strikers

We play with one isolated striker without any real width or midfield.

What's happened to 4-4-2 with two strikers and two decent wingers who get to the byline?
__________________
"We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right." -Brian Clough
Old 20th September 2019, 15.37:48   #5-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham - the club who kill strikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedischunter96 View Post
We kill strikers due to not having a midfield. There is no quality balls to the strikers to score goals. Also think over the last few seasons, we have played very defensive. Last top goalscorer was Jake Speight many years ago.
It’s not the midfield , it’s the 433 with the two wide strikers playing very wide, thus leaving the “9” isolated. You have to have a very hardworking and able “9” for this to work effectively. That is, not Boden or Fondop. The “9” needs to be good in the air, able to hold the ball up, capable of running beyond defenders and scoring goals. I don’t think Hooper fits this bill either.
Old 20th September 2019, 16.04:36   #6-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham - the club who kill strikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
It’s not the midfield , it’s the 433 with the two wide strikers playing very wide, thus leaving the “9” isolated. You have to have a very hardworking and able “9” for this to work effectively. That is, not Boden or Fondop. The “9” needs to be good in the air, able to hold the ball up, capable of running beyond defenders and scoring goals. I don’t think Hooper fits this bill either.
Maybe formation is the issue. But we don't have the players to play 4-3-3 or 4-1-3-2 as we have been recently. Or even 3 at the back!
Old 20th September 2019, 16.29:44   #7-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: yale paddock
Real Name: andy
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham - the club who kill strikers

What formation are Chorley and Chesterfield playing and who is pulling the strings in their midfield??
Old 20th September 2019, 17.37:17   #8-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham - the club who kill strikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy buckley View Post
What formation are Chorley and Chesterfield playing and who is pulling the strings in their midfield??
There wont be many playing a 433 which rapidly turns into 4231 with an isolated striker. I am sure most will agree our best 433 had Obeng and Ashton as FBs allowing the midfield 3 to pass the ball around and the front 3 to push the opposition back.
__________________
Wrexham Goldline lottery, for just £1 a week help fund future stars
Old 20th September 2019, 17.45:05   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham - the club who kill strikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
It’s not the midfield , it’s the 433 with the two wide strikers playing very wide, thus leaving the “9” isolated. You have to have a very hardworking and able “9” for this to work effectively. That is, not Boden or Fondop. The “9” needs to be good in the air, able to hold the ball up, capable of running beyond defenders and scoring goals. I don’t think Hooper fits this bill either.
Spot on sticking to the same formation season after season with limited success is killing us. its not just up front players are left isolated but also in midfield. I agree with Dixie that going 442 could see a big improvement.
Old 20th September 2019, 18.24:07   #10-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham - the club who kill strikers

442 all-day long.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.08:22.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12